Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

getting relatives over

getting relatives over

Old Nov 22nd 2006, 7:40 am
BE Forum Addict

majortom is just really nicemajortom is just really nicemajortom is just really nicemajortom is just really nicemajortom is just really nicemajortom is just really nicemajortom is just really nicemajortom is just really nicemajortom is just really nicemajortom is just really nice
Default getting relatives over

How many times can you "sponsor" family members.

I have one sister in the UK, so my Mum has a change with the family balance.

I could then get my sister over as a last remaining relative.

But I also have 2 elder daughter's (23 & 21), my eldest is doing accounting so she may have a good chance to make it, but my 21 year old dropped out of Uni and has,nt found a full time job.

Question is , could my youngest daughter come as the last remaining relative if her sister as already here, even though i may hav sponsored my sister for the same visa ???

We have a permenant visa (RSMS)

Hope that's not to confusing !!
Old Nov 22nd 2006, 10:57 am
BE Forum Addict

sj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud of
Default Re: getting relatives over

Just want to clarify............are you saying your sister is the last remaining relative??? Or is your daughter the last remaining relative??
Old Nov 22nd 2006, 11:05 am
BE Forum Addict

majortom is just really nicemajortom is just really nicemajortom is just really nicemajortom is just really nicemajortom is just really nicemajortom is just really nicemajortom is just really nicemajortom is just really nicemajortom is just really nicemajortom is just really nice

Originally Posted by sj oldfield
Just want to clarify............are you saying your sister is the last remaining relative??? Or is your daughter the last remaining relative??

IT'S A SCENARIO...........could i sponsor my daughter as a last remaining relative( with only my sister in the UK at the time i do)....................then at a later date do the same with my sister.
Old Nov 22nd 2006, 12:34 pm
BE Forum Addict

steandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by majortom
IT'S A SCENARIO...........could i sponsor my daughter as a last remaining relative( with only my sister in the UK at the time i do)....................then at a later date do the same with my sister.
No, you could not.
Old Nov 22nd 2006, 10:31 pm
JAJ
Retired

JAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by majortom
NO. If you sponsor one person as a remaining relative, you cannot sponsor a second person as a remaining relative. There is a specific bar in the Regulations to this.

However you can sponsor one remaining relative and one skilled sponsored, for example, provided you negotiate the complexities of multiple sponsorship and assurance of support.