Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

getting organised!

getting organised!

Old Jan 13th 2005, 2:24 pm
BE Forum Addict

jimtrish has a reputation beyond reputejimtrish has a reputation beyond reputejimtrish has a reputation beyond reputejimtrish has a reputation beyond reputejimtrish has a reputation beyond reputejimtrish has a reputation beyond reputejimtrish has a reputation beyond reputejimtrish has a reputation beyond reputejimtrish has a reputation beyond reputejimtrish has a reputation beyond reputejimtrish has a reputation beyond repute
Default getting organised!

As our application for rsms wont start til begining of april, are there any bits and bobs that I can start getting together? Ive got the full birth certs, but wondered if its worth getting the police clearance out of the way as they last a year dont they? what about meds? or do you have to wait until you have a case number? just want to be as organised as poss when the time comes
cheers
Trish
Old Jan 13th 2005, 5:22 pm
Happy Daddy

markeh has a brilliant futuremarkeh has a brilliant futuremarkeh has a brilliant futuremarkeh has a brilliant futuremarkeh has a brilliant futuremarkeh has a brilliant future
Default Re: getting organised!

Originally Posted by jimtrish
As our application for rsms wont start til begining of april, are there any bits and bobs that I can start getting together? Ive got the full birth certs, but wondered if its worth getting the police clearance out of the way as they last a year dont they? what about meds? or do you have to wait until you have a case number? just want to be as organised as poss when the time comes
cheers
Trish

Hiya,
you could start pulling things together, but I'd wait untill it is close to April. Your Police record can be applied for, medicals can be done up front & sent to yourself, sealed up ready to be sent with the application.

Remember if you do them right now, you risk the not being valid when the visa is finally submitted for approval & worst case have to do them again.

Good thinking though, get it done now & know it's all in together. Might be being thick, but what is rsms the abreviation of?

(I had a similar conversation with someone at work who is interested in applying up front, and the only thing that could be of concern would be the medical, you can alway's do one up front and know you are ok.)

Bye
Mark
Old Jan 13th 2005, 5:45 pm
BE Forum Addict

jimtrish has a reputation beyond reputejimtrish has a reputation beyond reputejimtrish has a reputation beyond reputejimtrish has a reputation beyond reputejimtrish has a reputation beyond reputejimtrish has a reputation beyond reputejimtrish has a reputation beyond reputejimtrish has a reputation beyond reputejimtrish has a reputation beyond reputejimtrish has a reputation beyond reputejimtrish has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: getting organised!

Originally Posted by markeh
Hiya,
you could start pulling things together, but I'd wait untill it is close to April. Your Police record can be applied for, medicals can be done up front & sent to yourself, sealed up ready to be sent with the application.

Remember if you do them right now, you risk the not being valid when the visa is finally submitted for approval & worst case have to do them again.

Good thinking though, get it done now & know it's all in together. Might be being thick, but what is rsms the abreviation of?

(I had a similar conversation with someone at work who is interested in applying up front, and the only thing that could be of concern would be the medical, you can alway's do one up front and know you are ok.)

Bye
Mark
cheers mark,

Regional Sponsored Migration Scheme its a pr visa.so i can steam ahead with the police bit then, so arent the meds valid for 1yr aswell? got told by dimia today, that once the nomination stages have gone through (same as 457), then as long as all the info is in place and there are no hiccups, the approval can be as quick as 10days! :scared:
cheers again,

Trish