Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

getting a mortgage when new in business

getting a mortgage when new in business

Old Aug 26th 2007, 7:54 am
Forum Regular

aarancam is just really niceaarancam is just really niceaarancam is just really niceaarancam is just really niceaarancam is just really niceaarancam is just really niceaarancam is just really niceaarancam is just really niceaarancam is just really niceaarancam is just really nice
Default getting a mortgage when new in business

Does anyone know of any companies that would be willing to give a mortgage to someone who has been here 9 months and in business for 6? The business has been established for years and is very profitable. I've been offered a mortgage if I put 30% down but this would leave things a bit tight. I have $100,000 to put down so I'm surely not a big risk? I need about $250,000. Any ideas?
Old Aug 26th 2007, 8:38 am
BE Enthusiast

SKIPPI79 has much to be proud ofSKIPPI79 has much to be proud ofSKIPPI79 has much to be proud ofSKIPPI79 has much to be proud ofSKIPPI79 has much to be proud ofSKIPPI79 has much to be proud ofSKIPPI79 has much to be proud ofSKIPPI79 has much to be proud ofSKIPPI79 has much to be proud ofSKIPPI79 has much to be proud ofSKIPPI79 has much to be proud of
Default Re: getting a mortgage when new in business

Not quite sure as I don't live there, but I've posted a similar post, and I've come to the conclusion that your better off finding a mortgage broker.
Otherwise RAMS has popped up a few times there aswell, but not too sure now with the problems in the US.
Goodluck, What business you in and did you start it from scratch or did you take it over?
Old Aug 26th 2007, 9:56 am
Forum Regular

paulhill is just really nicepaulhill is just really nicepaulhill is just really nicepaulhill is just really nicepaulhill is just really nicepaulhill is just really nicepaulhill is just really nicepaulhill is just really nicepaulhill is just really nice

Originally Posted by aarancam
Does anyone know of any companies that would be willing to give a mortgage to someone who has been here 9 months and in business for 6? The business has been established for years and is very profitable. I've been offered a mortgage if I put 30% down but this would leave things a bit tight. I have $100,000 to put down so I'm surely not a big risk? I need about $250,000. Any ideas?

You shouldnt have a problem, however I would try a Broker as they search 10-15 companies for the best deal. Unlike the UK you dont have to pay a Broker. Im not sure about "business" loans however you can take a "low doc" loan where as long as you have 40% your okay, maybe not as much with a business loan. Good luck
Old Aug 26th 2007, 12:20 pm
Forum Regular

nfernand is an unknown quantity at this point

could one get a loan from the UK to purchase property in Sydney? I am sure the answ will be no
Old Aug 27th 2007, 5:37 am
Forum Regular

BullcreekBob has much to be proud ofBullcreekBob has much to be proud ofBullcreekBob has much to be proud ofBullcreekBob has much to be proud ofBullcreekBob has much to be proud ofBullcreekBob has much to be proud ofBullcreekBob has much to be proud ofBullcreekBob has much to be proud ofBullcreekBob has much to be proud ofBullcreekBob has much to be proud ofBullcreekBob has much to be proud of

G'day

What is your visa status? If you've got PR you can readily borrow 95% of the property value. Without a permanent visa you'll be limited to 80% or less.

Cheers
Bob
Old Aug 27th 2007, 7:28 am
Forum Regular

nfernand is an unknown quantity at this point

I have my PR, getting a loan from Oz is no major issue but I love to get a loan from the UK at a lesser interest rate.
Old Aug 27th 2007, 8:44 am
Forum Regular

aarancam is just really niceaarancam is just really niceaarancam is just really niceaarancam is just really niceaarancam is just really niceaarancam is just really niceaarancam is just really niceaarancam is just really niceaarancam is just really niceaarancam is just really nice

I do have pr and I could get a 95% mortgage if I had a regular job. It's the fact that I am self-employed that is the bug-bear.
Old Aug 28th 2007, 5:38 am
Forum Regular

BullcreekBob has much to be proud ofBullcreekBob has much to be proud ofBullcreekBob has much to be proud ofBullcreekBob has much to be proud ofBullcreekBob has much to be proud ofBullcreekBob has much to be proud ofBullcreekBob has much to be proud ofBullcreekBob has much to be proud ofBullcreekBob has much to be proud ofBullcreekBob has much to be proud ofBullcreekBob has much to be proud of

I do have pr and I could get a 95% mortgage if I had a regular job. It's the fact that I am self-employed that is the bug-bear.
Actually being self employed isn't a bug-bear. At worst it's a minor problem for your mortgage broker to overcome and he/she will know how to readily overcome it. If you can make a 20% deposit which keeps the matter away from the Lenders Mortgage Insurance territory it is even easier still.

To contact a Mortgage Broker look in the yellow pages, google or just pm me or email me on bobj at mortgagestoday dot com dot au

Cheers
Bob Johnson
Mortgage Broker
Old Aug 28th 2007, 6:32 am
Account Closed

Nu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really nice

Use a morgage broker. You will be fine with a good deposit. There are quite alot of offer's around. We got a morgage with no jobs no problem.