Getting a mortgage - advice

Getting a mortgage - advice

Old Apr 5th 2005, 11:23 am
TOB
Forum Regular

TOB is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Getting a mortgage - advice

Hi,

Can anybody tell me once you have emigrated to Oz, how long it is before you can apply for a mortgage?

Thanks

TOB
Old Apr 5th 2005, 11:29 am

pom04 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Getting a mortgage - advice

Originally Posted by TOB
Hi,

Can anybody tell me once you have emigrated to Oz, how long it is before you can apply for a mortgage?

Thanks

TOB
Hi There

I can only account for the policy at the Bank where I work - but the usual case is that you have to have been employed 3 months for permanent full time work, 6 months for permanent part time work.

You have to confirm that you are not on a probation period still, when you apply for the mortgage

Hope this helps - any other questions then you can send me an email direct

Claire
Old Apr 5th 2005, 11:30 am
I am not the Messiah!

Carruss is a glorious beacon of lightCarruss is a glorious beacon of lightCarruss is a glorious beacon of lightCarruss is a glorious beacon of lightCarruss is a glorious beacon of lightCarruss is a glorious beacon of lightCarruss is a glorious beacon of lightCarruss is a glorious beacon of lightCarruss is a glorious beacon of lightCarruss is a glorious beacon of lightCarruss is a glorious beacon of light
Wink Re: Getting a mortgage - advice

Originally Posted by TOB
Hi,

Thanks

TOB
I have read loads of threads about this and people give loads of different replies. Some say you will not get a mortgage until you have been employed for a certain period of time.

But money talks and if you have a wad of cash to put down then you may be able to get one straight away. We will probably going down this route but just wish the wad was a bit bigger ! ! !

I am sure someone who has been through this will post something on here for you.

Just do a search on the subject.

R.
Old Apr 5th 2005, 11:38 am
TOB
Forum Regular

TOB is an unknown quantity at this point

Thanks for your replies.

Luckily my husband has a full time job to go to and we will have the funds from the sale of our house to help. We will be renting for a while but would hope to buy before Christmas if possible.

Originally Posted by Carruss
I have read loads of threads about this and people give loads of different replies. Some say you will not get a mortgage until you have been employed for a certain period of time.

But money talks and if you have a wad of cash to put down then you may be able to get one straight away. We will probably going down this route but just wish the wad was a bit bigger ! ! !

I am sure someone who has been through this will post something on here for you.

Just do a search on the subject.

R.
Old Apr 5th 2005, 11:39 am

pom04 is an unknown quantity at this point

Guess it depends who you use - second tier lenders and Brokers may look at this - when we arrived we had a 75% deposit to put down on our home - although we didnt have to show evidence of our income ie payslips - we still had to have proof that we had worked for 3 months - here they have a system called lo-doc - most lenders will say that if you are borrowing less than 60% of the value of the property then the lender will not necessary verify you income - but they will confirm with your employer how long you have been emloyed, on what terms and $$$ earned .