Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

getting medicals

getting medicals

Old Sep 20th 2005, 10:41 am
johnnybrockie

johnnybrockie will become famous soon enoughjohnnybrockie will become famous soon enough
Question getting medicals

hi everyone well iam now at the stage of getting medicals, i live in the birmingham area and having a nitemare trying to get even medicals booked . handsworth wood dont answer there phone and selly park are fully booked and are into november, does anyone know anywhere i can get them done pretty soon i.e. within a month or so iam willing to travel a bit, need help please.
Old Sep 20th 2005, 11:08 am
NorthLakes, Brissy

wargod has a reputation beyond reputewargod has a reputation beyond reputewargod has a reputation beyond reputewargod has a reputation beyond reputewargod has a reputation beyond reputewargod has a reputation beyond reputewargod has a reputation beyond reputewargod has a reputation beyond reputewargod has a reputation beyond reputewargod has a reputation beyond reputewargod has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: getting medicals

Originally Posted by johnnybrockie
hi everyone well iam now at the stage of getting medicals, i live in the birmingham area and having a nitemare trying to get even medicals booked . handsworth wood dont answer there phone and selly park are fully booked and are into november, does anyone know anywhere i can get them done pretty soon i.e. within a month or so iam willing to travel a bit, need help please.
Have you got the list from the DIMIA website? There is Dr's in Bath and Bristol, also Gloucester i think too
Old Sep 20th 2005, 11:10 am
sel
~~~

sel has a reputation beyond reputesel has a reputation beyond reputesel has a reputation beyond reputesel has a reputation beyond reputesel has a reputation beyond reputesel has a reputation beyond reputesel has a reputation beyond reputesel has a reputation beyond reputesel has a reputation beyond reputesel has a reputation beyond reputesel has a reputation beyond repute

Keep trying Handsworth Wood ... you will get through eventually and they are brilliant !

Sel x
Old Sep 20th 2005, 11:21 am
johnnybrockie

johnnybrockie will become famous soon enoughjohnnybrockie will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by sel
Keep trying Handsworth Wood ... you will get through eventually and they are brilliant !

Sel x
hey thanks folks for ur replies
Old Sep 20th 2005, 11:45 am
BE Enthusiast

The S's is a splendid one to beholdThe S's is a splendid one to beholdThe S's is a splendid one to beholdThe S's is a splendid one to beholdThe S's is a splendid one to beholdThe S's is a splendid one to beholdThe S's is a splendid one to beholdThe S's is a splendid one to beholdThe S's is a splendid one to beholdThe S's is a splendid one to beholdThe S's is a splendid one to behold

Hi,

We are from Birmingham too and used Handsworth wood, they were fantastic!! could'nt fault them at all. We also had a slight problem getting through but if you try at different times they will answer, although they are very busy. I would definately persevere trying to get through as everything done all in one go, they do the x-rays there, so no messing about going to another place for them. Give them a bell.

Good luck

Sadie
Old Sep 20th 2005, 3:21 pm
johnnybrockie

Originally Posted by The S's
Hi,

We are from Birmingham too and used Handsworth wood, they were fantastic!! could'nt fault them at all. We also had a slight problem getting through but if you try at different times they will answer, although they are very busy. I would definately persevere trying to get through as everything done all in one go, they do the x-rays there, so no messing about going to another place for them. Give them a bell.

Good luck

Sadie
hey thanks for that . have u any idea of there opening times was thinking of poping down in person instead of trying to call tried today they said on an auto message to wait til 10.30 and after that i couldnt get through and then after 1pm they were closed cheers
Old Sep 20th 2005, 3:34 pm
Forum Regular

cybie has a brilliant futurecybie has a brilliant futurecybie has a brilliant futurecybie has a brilliant futurecybie has a brilliant futurecybie has a brilliant futurecybie has a brilliant future

Keep trying Handsworth Wood. We got a medical within 2 weeks, was expecting a long wait.
Old Sep 20th 2005, 4:18 pm
sel
~~~

sel has a reputation beyond reputesel has a reputation beyond reputesel has a reputation beyond reputesel has a reputation beyond reputesel has a reputation beyond reputesel has a reputation beyond reputesel has a reputation beyond reputesel has a reputation beyond reputesel has a reputation beyond reputesel has a reputation beyond reputesel has a reputation beyond repute

hey thanks for that . have u any idea of there opening times was thinking of poping down in person instead of trying to call tried today they said on an auto message to wait til 10.30 and after that i couldnt get through and then after 1pm they were closed cheers
Go down after 10.00am. Have you had your request ? They insist that you cannot book your meds with them until you have the medical form 26 (examination) and form 160 (xray) you can print them off DIMIA website if you havn't got agent to send them.

Handsworth Wood Medical Services Ltd
110-114 Church Lane
Handsworth Wood
Birmingham
B20 2ES

0121 523 7117 or 07779091406 or fax 0121 554 2406

Australian meds prices

Adults (15 & above) £100.00
children £ 50.00

Chest xray (11 yrs & above) £ 40.00
HIV test (15 & up) £ 25.00
Hep B (15 & above) £ 30.00
Hep C (15 & above) £ 30.00

Hope this helps
Old Sep 20th 2005, 6:09 pm
johnnybrockie

Originally Posted by sel
Go down after 10.00am. Have you had your request ? They insist that you cannot book your meds with them until you have the medical form 26 (examination) and form 160 (xray) you can print them off DIMIA website if you havn't got agent to send them.

110-114 Church Lane
Handsworth Wood
Birmingham
B20 2ES

Australian meds prices

children £ 50.00

Hope this helps
excellent thanks for thative got my forms and file number migration agent said it would be ok to go ahead as i have enough to send them off. johnny
Old Sep 21st 2005, 2:54 pm
johnnybrockie

Smile Re: getting medicals

Originally Posted by sel

110-114 Church Lane
Handsworth Wood
Birmingham
B20 2ES

Australian meds prices

children £ 50.00

Hope this helps
went to handsworth wood today got medicals and x-rays booked for next thursday 29th sept how quick is that very chuffed thanks to all
Old Sep 21st 2005, 3:05 pm
sel
~~~

went to handsworth wood today got medicals and x-rays booked for next thursday 29th sept how quick is that very chuffed thanks to all
Great news