Reload this Page >

Getting married during de-facto application

Getting married during de-facto application

Old May 27th 2002, 9:33 am
BE Enthusiast

etlniwd is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Getting married during de-facto application

Hi,

If anyone knows anything about this it would be much appreciated.

I applied for a Spouse visa (de facto) in April. If all goes to plan, we intend to migrate to Australia this autumn.

My police checks should come through any day now. From what I've read on here recently, it seems possible that my visa may be granted quite soon after I send them back i.e. during June.

Since I applied, my partner and I have decided to get married. The wedding is set for early July. The decision to get married has absolutely nothing to do with the visa application - we just decided that it was the right thing to do.

My questions are:

1. Do I have to inform AHC either now or after we have married.

2. Will this have an adverse effect on my application? I have just heard of a restriction called ''Must not marry before first entry' being included on some visas. What is this ? Do any recently successful de-facto applicants have this written on their visas ?

Thanks
Nick