Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Getting to know you

Getting to know you

Old Sep 29th 2003, 3:14 pm
HUP
Brain Drained

HUP has a reputation beyond reputeHUP has a reputation beyond reputeHUP has a reputation beyond reputeHUP has a reputation beyond reputeHUP has a reputation beyond reputeHUP has a reputation beyond reputeHUP has a reputation beyond reputeHUP has a reputation beyond reputeHUP has a reputation beyond reputeHUP has a reputation beyond reputeHUP has a reputation beyond repute
Default Getting to know you

I've seen a couple of threads for meets with few responses, now this could be there arn't any people in the area or it could be people don't see the thread or it could just be that they can't be arsed.

Over the time that we have been using the forum we have met people who live only a few miles from us and this has been quite by accident.

So how about you post on this thread your town and county and see if there are some people close by who instead of a full blown meet you could just get together with for a few beers and talk non stop about Oz/NZ

Its a bit late for us as we are leaving soon but we live in Banbury in Oxfordshire.
Old Sep 29th 2003, 3:17 pm
She's a bird, you know

bundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond repute

We live in central Cambridge (UK, sadly). My partner's an aussie and can therefore be used to familiarisation purposes (ie if anyone wants to get anaesthetise themselves to aussie humour)
Old Sep 29th 2003, 3:19 pm
BE Enthusiast

lynnj has a brilliant futurelynnj has a brilliant futurelynnj has a brilliant futurelynnj has a brilliant futurelynnj has a brilliant futurelynnj has a brilliant future

we live close to silverstone, about 20 mins from banbury and about the same from northampton. I can speak about australia for hours.....and hours.....and hours...........

Lynn
Old Sep 29th 2003, 3:32 pm
Forum Regular

suffolkdiva is an unknown quantity at this point

We live in sunny Suffolk, about 10miles from Ipswich in a little town called Hadleigh.

Leaving on the 27th October so it'll have to be quick!!
Old Sep 29th 2003, 3:34 pm
Badge

Used to live 10 mins away from Nibbs - he was in Hampton Court and a few weeks ago we missed each other just before he went away..

badge

Old Sep 29th 2003, 3:36 pm
WBB

port talbot here, where i hear you say.

it is a little sh*thole in south wales where men are men and sheep are nervous.

would be nice to meet any other taffys out there.

Old Sep 29th 2003, 3:51 pm
BE Forum Addict

Carrianne is a splendid one to beholdCarrianne is a splendid one to beholdCarrianne is a splendid one to beholdCarrianne is a splendid one to beholdCarrianne is a splendid one to beholdCarrianne is a splendid one to beholdCarrianne is a splendid one to beholdCarrianne is a splendid one to beholdCarrianne is a splendid one to beholdCarrianne is a splendid one to beholdCarrianne is a splendid one to behold

Perth in Scotland, Not many are round near us apart from Dundee.
Old Sep 29th 2003, 3:52 pm
BE Forum Addict

Carrianne is a splendid one to beholdCarrianne is a splendid one to beholdCarrianne is a splendid one to beholdCarrianne is a splendid one to beholdCarrianne is a splendid one to beholdCarrianne is a splendid one to beholdCarrianne is a splendid one to beholdCarrianne is a splendid one to beholdCarrianne is a splendid one to beholdCarrianne is a splendid one to beholdCarrianne is a splendid one to behold

Although I am from Wigan and I am going home this weekend on Thursday if anyone is is from near there !
Old Sep 29th 2003, 3:55 pm
Just Joined

Sheffutd is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally posted by Carrianne
Although I am from Wigan and I am going home this weekend on Thursday if anyone is is from near there !

Warrington, so not too far from Wigan
Old Sep 29th 2003, 5:13 pm
High in the Dandenongs

hevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by lynnj
we live close to silverstone, about 20 mins from banbury and about the same from northampton. I can speak about australia for hours.....and hours.....and hours...........

Lynn
Oh god, don't i know it!! Bring on the bleeding ear drums and hoarse throat on saturday:scared:
Old Sep 29th 2003, 5:16 pm
BE Forum Addict

footie chick is an unknown quantity at this point

We live in the OAP capital of the South East coast known as Eastbourne.

footie chick
Old Sep 29th 2003, 5:27 pm
BE Forum Addict

debsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to all
Default Re: Getting to know you

Originally posted by HUP
I've seen a couple of threads for meets with few responses, now this could be there arn't any people in the area or it could be people don't see the thread or it could just be that they can't be arsed.

Over the time that we have been using the forum we have met people who live only a few miles from us and this has been quite by accident.

So how about you post on this thread your town and county and see if there are some people close by who instead of a full blown meet you could just get together with for a few beers and talk non stop about Oz/NZ

Its a bit late for us as we are leaving soon but we live in Banbury in Oxfordshire.
Well, I dont think anyone lives near me unless they come for a holiday (we are in the Thomas Cook Select brochure)
Debs
Old Sep 29th 2003, 6:31 pm
BE Forum Addict

Yes Sheffutd I am going to Warrington on Friday my best mate is from there, well burtonwood.
Old Sep 29th 2003, 6:36 pm
BE Forum Addict

nosuchluck is on a distinguished road

Hello
we are in Poole, well sort of half way between Poole and Bournemouth!
rach, mark and chanelle
Old Sep 29th 2003, 6:37 pm
High in the Dandenongs

hevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by debsy
Well, I dont think anyone lives near me unless they come for a holiday (we are in the Thomas Cook Select brochure)
Debs
Matt showed me the pics, it looks fab!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.