Reload this Page >

Getting into the mining industry in Oz

Getting into the mining industry in Oz

Old Jul 14th 2010, 8:43 am
Just Joined

diggorytaylor is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Getting into the mining industry in Oz

Hi,

I'm soon to finish a Masters in the UK and hope to find a way into the mining industry in Oz. I'm looking to get a metallurgical/processing position and there seem to be many advertised, especially in WA. The only problem being that all the vacancies advertised appear to be only for Australian/New Zealand nationals! Whats the best way around this? Is it easiest just to get out there and go from there with a one year work visa or is it possible to get something set up before I left?

Any help would be much appreciated!

Cheers.
Old Jul 14th 2010, 9:14 am
Capt Hilts

coolerkingcooler has a reputation beyond reputecoolerkingcooler has a reputation beyond reputecoolerkingcooler has a reputation beyond reputecoolerkingcooler has a reputation beyond reputecoolerkingcooler has a reputation beyond reputecoolerkingcooler has a reputation beyond reputecoolerkingcooler has a reputation beyond reputecoolerkingcooler has a reputation beyond reputecoolerkingcooler has a reputation beyond reputecoolerkingcooler has a reputation beyond reputecoolerkingcooler has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Getting into the mining industry in Oz

Originally Posted by diggorytaylor
Hi,

I'm soon to finish a Masters in the UK and hope to find a way into the mining industry in Oz. I'm looking to get a metallurgical/processing position and there seem to be many advertised, especially in WA. The only problem being that all the vacancies advertised appear to be only for Australian/New Zealand nationals! Whats the best way around this? Is it easiest just to get out there and go from there with a one year work visa or is it possible to get something set up before I left?

Any help would be much appreciated!

Cheers.
Look online for recruiting agencies and see what they say.

Others on here have had first hand experience, so they may be able help more.

Good luck,
Cooler