Reload this Page >

Getting a House Rental When You Own A Dog, Your Experiences

Getting a House Rental When You Own A Dog, Your Experiences

Old Feb 18th 2007, 1:29 pm
Just Joined

Petrolhead is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Getting a House Rental When You Own A Dog, Your Experiences

Hi

We should be arriving in Adelaide early April and our dog William will arrive from quarantine a month later. We will need to get a house rental for the first 6 months or so and I have read that it can be difficult getting anything anywhere decent. It would be great if you could share any experiences that you have may had trying to rent while owning a dog.

Thanks

Adam
Old Feb 18th 2007, 3:02 pm
Forum Regular

MANDS14 is just really niceMANDS14 is just really niceMANDS14 is just really niceMANDS14 is just really niceMANDS14 is just really niceMANDS14 is just really niceMANDS14 is just really niceMANDS14 is just really nice
Default Re: Getting a House Rental When You Own A Dog, Your Experiences

Hi, We are hoping to go to Adelaide and also have a dog so will be in the same position as yourselves! Have you tried the www.adelaidebrits.tk forum?

If you get any good advice it would be great if you shared it! Cheers
Old Feb 18th 2007, 3:24 pm
Just Joined

Petrolhead is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi

Yes, I posted it on AB first, but as yet have had no reply.

Cheers

Adam
Old Feb 18th 2007, 6:17 pm

Centurion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond repute

Had no problem actually. A word of advice though, do not discount the advertisements saying no dogs and make the agent check with the landlord.

You'd also be amazed what offering to pay some rent up front does for the no pet thing....
Old Feb 18th 2007, 7:36 pm
Forum Regular

cathy_rainbow is a jewel in the roughcathy_rainbow is a jewel in the roughcathy_rainbow is a jewel in the roughcathy_rainbow is a jewel in the rough

Originally Posted by Centurion
Had no problem actually. A word of advice though, do not discount the advertisements saying no dogs and make the agent check with the landlord.

You'd also be amazed what offering to pay some rent up front does for the no pet thing....
Hi,

I hope to be moving to Tasmania in Sep 07. We plan to rent our house out here for 6 months ( dogs welcome incidentally!)while we "suck it and see" in Tassie.
To make our expereince authentic for us we decided to take our 2 Hungarian Vizsla girls with us. ( I already own 1/2 a boy dog over there).
I wondered too about the possible difficulties for renting a dog friendly house.

Cathy
Old Feb 18th 2007, 8:11 pm
Timelord

DrWho has a reputation beyond reputeDrWho has a reputation beyond reputeDrWho has a reputation beyond reputeDrWho has a reputation beyond reputeDrWho has a reputation beyond reputeDrWho has a reputation beyond reputeDrWho has a reputation beyond reputeDrWho has a reputation beyond reputeDrWho has a reputation beyond reputeDrWho has a reputation beyond reputeDrWho has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Petrolhead
Hi

We should be arriving in Adelaide early April and our dog William will arrive from quarantine a month later. We will need to get a house rental for the first 6 months or so and I have read that it can be difficult getting anything anywhere decent. It would be great if you could share any experiences that you have may had trying to rent while owning a dog.

Thanks

Adam
Can only speak for our experience here in Sydney... We looked at perhaps as many as 15 properties before we saw the one we wanted... We offered slightly more on the deposit and 3 months up front and were accepted immediately... Out of the properties we had seen previously many said there would be no problems with pets... HTH
Old Feb 18th 2007, 9:57 pm
BE Enthusiast

Teabag is a name known to allTeabag is a name known to allTeabag is a name known to allTeabag is a name known to allTeabag is a name known to allTeabag is a name known to allTeabag is a name known to allTeabag is a name known to allTeabag is a name known to allTeabag is a name known to allTeabag is a name known to all

All my friends that rent have dogs and cats. As another poster said, make them check with the landlord, sometimes they charge an extra $100 as a pet bond.