Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Getting fit for SH summer!!

Getting fit for SH summer!!

Old Dec 16th 2003, 8:42 am
Badge

Default Getting fit for SH summer!!

All you people off soon, are you getting ready not so much for the beach, but for the fact you can't hide bulges under skimpy clothing?

I have just started a 2 week programme to hopefully get to peak fitness by the end of Chrimbo - which also means, alas, that I will be taking it easy on the wine and drink over the festivities..I've told Mrs B that as I will soon be very much defo on the other side of 30 soon, I'm gonna give up beer at home, with meals, and drink one glass of red wine instead.

I am running 6 miles a day, alternate sprinting with longer recovery periods, pilates with Mrs B2B and a quick toning session once an hour.

I'm not going to be beaten on this! My fear is that I will go to training in Australia and be beaten the last 10 metres by some wipper-snapper 18 year old..

Badge

Old Dec 16th 2003, 9:09 am

bondipom is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Getting fit for SH summer!!

Originally posted by badgersmount
All you people off soon, are you getting ready not so much for the beach, but for the fact you can't hide bulges under skimpy clothing?

I have just started a 2 week programme to hopefully get to peak fitness by the end of Chrimbo - which also means, alas, that I will be taking it easy on the wine and drink over the festivities..I've told Mrs B that as I will soon be very much defo on the other side of 30 soon, I'm gonna give up beer at home, with meals, and drink one glass of red wine instead.

I am running 6 miles a day, alternate sprinting with longer recovery periods, pilates with Mrs B2B and a quick toning session once an hour.

I'm not going to be beaten on this! My fear is that I will go to training in Australia and be beaten the last 10 metres by some wipper-snapper 18 year old..

Badge
Surf has been bad recently so I think I might have to start swimming legths of Bondi. Not too sure about the running.
Old Dec 16th 2003, 9:11 am
Badge

Do they still have Bondi icebergs. It may of course be renamed now..

Old Dec 16th 2003, 9:18 am

Do they still have Bondi icebergs. It may of course be renamed now..
Yes they still bung the cubes in the pool at the start of winter and swim there every Sunday. It is still named the same and along with North Bondi RSL has the best views of Bondi with a beer. It is just done a lot just like a lot of Bondi. Mrs BP and I were wary of the place when looking at renting and went to Bronte first. After getting a bit down at the state of places to let we drove over to Bondi to look at some more and were pleasantly surprised. Step back from the Maccas strip and the place is not too bad.
Old Dec 16th 2003, 9:25 am
BE Enthusiast

CHnJ has much to be proud ofCHnJ has much to be proud ofCHnJ has much to be proud ofCHnJ has much to be proud ofCHnJ has much to be proud ofCHnJ has much to be proud ofCHnJ has much to be proud ofCHnJ has much to be proud ofCHnJ has much to be proud ofCHnJ has much to be proud ofCHnJ has much to be proud of

My plan is to arrive and pick bananas or something for a couple of months which will return me to my usual bronzed and chiseled self.

(Especially as I couldn't hack Badger's regime when I was at my peak!)

I find exercise boring and sore. I'd rather surf, cycle or work.

(However my first job when I got back to the UK was Pizza Hut, and contrary to common belief it isn't possible to eat enough pizza to want to stop!)
Old Dec 16th 2003, 9:26 am
Badge

I read a book about Bondi by the Robert Barratt author where he blew up the RSL, (or something), and closed the pool hence my confusion...(!) or, I think someone told me it had been closed for renovation. I'm not a beach swimmer, but I do love the idea of sea lane swimming. I also like Clovelly for that reason.

I like the view afforded of Bondi as you come over the Southern Head past Glamara (sic). You're right about the Macca strip, and the baseball park, one of the reasons why i can live with Coogee far more is the landscaped promenade and closer proximity of the beach to the road..

Only a week or so to go..

Badge

Last edited by badgersmount; Dec 16th 2003 at 9:28 am.

Old Dec 16th 2003, 10:42 am
High in the Dandenongs

hevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond repute

Badge
does anyone else get an overwhelming urge to slap Badgers. After 3, one................
Old Dec 16th 2003, 5:09 pm
BE Forum Addict

tinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud of

The closest to getting in shape that I will be doing is getting a pedicure ( there is more rough skin on my feet than on a Rhino's ar*e). Might 'treat' myself to a spot of waxing, definitely NOT a Brazilian though
Old Dec 16th 2003, 5:40 pm
BE Forum Addict

tinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud of

By the way badge, only a 6 mile run, you are letting yourself go
Old Dec 16th 2003, 6:31 pm

I read a book about Bondi by the Robert Barratt author where he blew up the RSL, (or something), and closed the pool hence my confusion...(!) or, I think someone told me it had been closed for renovation. I'm not a beach swimmer, but I do love the idea of sea lane swimming. I also like Clovelly for that reason.

I like the view afforded of Bondi as you come over the Southern Head past Glamara (sic). You're right about the Macca strip, and the baseball park, one of the reasons why i can live with Coogee far more is the landscaped promenade and closer proximity of the beach to the road..

Only a week or so to go..

Badge
They did they whole place up. You have to pay to swim. There is a club that has one of the best views of Bondi but I have to show my British License to get in as I live within 5 kms. On the top floor there is a swanky pretentious bar and restaurant.

Living at the South End of Bondi I avoid that Maccas strip easily. The South End of Campbell Parade is quite nice.
Old Dec 16th 2003, 7:30 pm
WBB

Originally posted by tinaj
By the way badge, only a 6 mile run, you are letting yourself go

i remember the days he would of run 10 miles without even losing his breath.

Old Dec 16th 2003, 9:12 pm

http://www.icebergs.com.au
Old Dec 16th 2003, 9:14 pm

tiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by tinaj
. Might 'treat' myself to a spot of waxing, definitely NOT a Brazilian though
hey girls, its actually a good way of loosing weight!! It hurts so f###ing much your adrenaline runs in gallons (you then raise your metabolic rate and hey presto....lose a couple of ounces!!!!)
my heart rate went up to about 170!!!!! and it took it around half an hour to come back down!!!!

sue

(waxed plucked and trimmed)
Old Dec 17th 2003, 7:37 am

Cool

The thread got me all inspired so I swam the length of Bondi and ran back home, showered and went straight to the Icebergs for a couple of coldies.

Where's the swell gone?
Old Dec 17th 2003, 8:14 am
Just Joined

vanriet is an unknown quantity at this point

I know exactly what you mean. Last month I started a fitness regime at Cannons: yoga, aquagym, gym and swimming - although usually I would spend most of the time in the steam room. However, last week in my enthusiasm I fell over doing a shoulder stand in yoga (I don't usually fall over only when I have had too much too drink). Haven't been able to go to the gym since so this is a cautionary tale for all of you out there thinking of getting fit!

annemarie

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.