Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Getting the family in

Getting the family in

Old Jul 14th 2005, 6:20 pm
BE Forum Addict

karenjc has much to be proud ofkarenjc has much to be proud ofkarenjc has much to be proud ofkarenjc has much to be proud ofkarenjc has much to be proud ofkarenjc has much to be proud ofkarenjc has much to be proud ofkarenjc has much to be proud ofkarenjc has much to be proud ofkarenjc has much to be proud ofkarenjc has much to be proud of
Default Getting the family in

A lad that i work with has said to me that he now wants to move to oz. He has started a preliminary check on all the stuff that he needs to do to get in. The one thing that may stop him though is that his wife's parents have already said that they should wait till they are dead before they move to oz. Well this obviously upset his wife who still wants to go but feels bad about it because of her parents, so he asked me how easy it would be to get them in once he is over in oz. As ever i didn't know so i said i would ask the question and tell him any replys. I have also told him about this site but he has not got the time at the moment due to his wife opening another shop, which is taking up all there time. So how easy, quickly would it to be to get parents in to oz once you have been accepted. Many thanks
Old Jul 14th 2005, 8:48 pm
Tired but Happy

poshrice has much to be proud ofposhrice has much to be proud ofposhrice has much to be proud ofposhrice has much to be proud ofposhrice has much to be proud ofposhrice has much to be proud ofposhrice has much to be proud ofposhrice has much to be proud ofposhrice has much to be proud ofposhrice has much to be proud ofposhrice has much to be proud of
Default Re: Getting the family in

Originally Posted by karenjc
A lad that i work with has said to me that he now wants to move to oz. He has started a preliminary check on all the stuff that he needs to do to get in. The one thing that may stop him though is that his wife's parents have already said that they should wait till they are dead before they move to oz. Well this obviously upset his wife who still wants to go but feels bad about it because of her parents, so he asked me how easy it would be to get them in once he is over in oz. As ever i didn't know so i said i would ask the question and tell him any replys. I have also told him about this site but he has not got the time at the moment due to his wife opening another shop, which is taking up all there time. So how easy, quickly would it to be to get parents in to oz once you have been accepted. Many thanks
Hiya is a bit long winded to try and explain on here but all the details are in a book called living and working in australia i bought our copy from ottakers but am sure it would be available from local library although is a very usueful book as it explains about tax and all other kinds of stuff which is very useful if you have never lived or worked in oz before i think it was about 12 quid but has been our bible. hope this helps
Posahrice
Old Jul 14th 2005, 8:58 pm
BE Enthusiast

Pootle has a reputation beyond reputePootle has a reputation beyond reputePootle has a reputation beyond reputePootle has a reputation beyond reputePootle has a reputation beyond reputePootle has a reputation beyond reputePootle has a reputation beyond reputePootle has a reputation beyond reputePootle has a reputation beyond reputePootle has a reputation beyond reputePootle has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by karenjc
Hi,
I have recently looked at this as my parents were hoping to come over on a retirement visa. They have now changed the rules on these so you have NO HOPE of getting in unless you have about $1.5 million spare. There are parent visas though. If she is an only child they will be able to come on a parent visa. I think you need to have more children living in Australia than elsewhere so it depends how many siblings she has. If you do a search on the DIMIA site it details parent visas (I think its booklet 3)
Ruth
Old Jul 14th 2005, 10:06 pm
Prisoner of Her Majesty

samnrob2 has much to be proud ofsamnrob2 has much to be proud ofsamnrob2 has much to be proud ofsamnrob2 has much to be proud ofsamnrob2 has much to be proud ofsamnrob2 has much to be proud ofsamnrob2 has much to be proud ofsamnrob2 has much to be proud ofsamnrob2 has much to be proud ofsamnrob2 has much to be proud ofsamnrob2 has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by Pootle
Hi,
I have recently looked at this as my parents were hoping to come over on a retirement visa. They have now changed the rules on these so you have NO HOPE of getting in unless you have about $1.5 million spare. There are parent visas though. If she is an only child they will be able to come on a parent visa. I think you need to have more children living in Australia than elsewhere so it depends how many siblings she has. If you do a search on the DIMIA site it details parent visas (I think its booklet 3)
Ruth
Yeah - I think with a parent's visa you have to have 50% of your children living in Oz. So obviously they could still be eligable even if your wife has a sibling elsewhere in Britain or wherever.

R