Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

getting excited but feeling guilty

getting excited but feeling guilty

Old Jan 31st 2004, 6:08 pm
BE Forum Addict

arlene is an unknown quantity at this point
Default getting excited but feeling guilty

really excited now as the house has only been on the market 3 weeks and have had an offer so we know its saleable more viewers are coming through the door as well which is all good news

have had the packers round to estimate and pss are the cheapest by a long shot spoke to allied pickfords who have agreed that they need to examine their prices good news as well

all good news as work seems to be getting on the right lines with reduced hours and nice shifts, feel like i am going to post a positive response for once

however here it comes went round to my brothers for lunch last week (there is only me and my brother) who told me he is being posted to singapore for 5 years this year!!!!!, dad is away on his winter siesta in portugal at the moment and not due back until march wow losing both his kids is going to be the real guilt trip now as he is 75

does anybody else have this with both their kids moving away at the same time

arlene (still feeling very positive at the moment, due to the fact that i have reinvested in another 6 pound bottle of wine located very near to the computor:scared: :scared: )

arlene
Old Jan 31st 2004, 7:15 pm
no longer searching

walaj has a reputation beyond reputewalaj has a reputation beyond reputewalaj has a reputation beyond reputewalaj has a reputation beyond reputewalaj has a reputation beyond reputewalaj has a reputation beyond reputewalaj has a reputation beyond reputewalaj has a reputation beyond reputewalaj has a reputation beyond reputewalaj has a reputation beyond reputewalaj has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: getting excited but feeling guilty

drink that wine before you spill any And if you can not handle your booze properly, I better have it

on the family thing my parent will be late 60s/mid 70s when we go - not that we have told them yet. However we do plan to set enough money aside (as they have not got that much) to enable them to fly out and see us.
However guilty I will feel, I know that the move is what I really want, that I can't put my life on hold and wait for them to pop their clogs, and know that they would not want that either and want for us (me and Mr W) to be happy.

if you and you brother have the money - how about a flight via Singapore on the way to Oz?

walaj
Old Jan 31st 2004, 7:20 pm
BE Forum Addict

arlene is an unknown quantity at this point

ta wj for that as you can gather (from him spending winter months away) my dad has more than enough money to visit however has said that he probably wont

however if i dont do this now i probably never will so guilt pangs and all im going for it and hope he will come out and visit
Old Jan 31st 2004, 7:30 pm
BE Enthusiast

pockygoes will become famous soon enough

Leaving family at in the UK is always hard & I for one am not looking forward to it - but try to keep in your mind why you are doing all this.

Why won't your dad come put to see you? Hopefully when you have gone he will have a change of heart & do the trip via Singapore - he could even get you brother to taga along & then the wine would definatley flow - with a reunion party - But make sure that you have a tiled floor!!!! No carpets please

pockygoes