Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Getting dog from Sydney to Sunshine Coast, QLD

Getting dog from Sydney to Sunshine Coast, QLD

Old Oct 10th 2008, 12:55 pm
Forum Regular

Stefjt will become famous soon enoughStefjt will become famous soon enough
Default Getting dog from Sydney to Sunshine Coast, QLD

I am hoping there are others who've faced this situation. Once our dog has been in quarantine in Sydney we need to arrange to pick her up. Would it be cheaper for us to fly/drive down to get her or use a company that can do all this for us??

anyone got any suggestions!
thanks
Stef
Old Oct 10th 2008, 1:52 pm
Ok this isn't so bad

Stitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Getting dog from Sydney to Sunshine Coast, QLD

Originally Posted by Stefjt
I am hoping there are others who've faced this situation. Once our dog has been in quarantine in Sydney we need to arrange to pick her up. Would it be cheaper for us to fly/drive down to get her or use a company that can do all this for us??

anyone got any suggestions!
thanks
Stef

Hi,

We used Dogtainers to fly ours from quarantine in Sydney to Brisbane. No complaints and cost around $300

Cheers

Ginny
Old Oct 10th 2008, 5:13 pm
Forum Regular

thehowarths will become famous soon enoughthehowarths will become famous soon enough

Hi - we are in exactly the same position as you. We've had Pet Carriers International recommended to us. Don't know the costs involved but would be interested to hear other peoples suggestions...

Cheers
Old Oct 10th 2008, 5:23 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by thehowarths
Hi - we are in exactly the same position as you. We've had Pet Carriers International recommended to us. Don't know the costs involved but would be interested to hear other peoples suggestions...

Cheers
I got their name too from Airpets (got a quote from them to get dog to oz)
i've emailed them and waiting to hear so will let you know what they say!
Old Oct 10th 2008, 9:49 pm
Forum Regular

aussiedreamer has much to be proud ofaussiedreamer has much to be proud ofaussiedreamer has much to be proud ofaussiedreamer has much to be proud ofaussiedreamer has much to be proud ofaussiedreamer has much to be proud ofaussiedreamer has much to be proud ofaussiedreamer has much to be proud ofaussiedreamer has much to be proud ofaussiedreamer has much to be proud ofaussiedreamer has much to be proud of

Hi There

We flew our cairn up from Sydney to brisbane last December think it cost us $130. Will be flying our new puppy up from Melbourne on Thursday she's 12 weeks old and costing about $181.00, all depends on weight of dog and crate.
We are using dogtainers again highly recomended and most breeders use them www.dogtainers.com.au

Thanks JANE
Old Oct 11th 2008, 9:54 am
BE Enthusiast

quercus is a glorious beacon of lightquercus is a glorious beacon of lightquercus is a glorious beacon of lightquercus is a glorious beacon of lightquercus is a glorious beacon of lightquercus is a glorious beacon of lightquercus is a glorious beacon of lightquercus is a glorious beacon of lightquercus is a glorious beacon of lightquercus is a glorious beacon of lightquercus is a glorious beacon of light

We drove down and collected our terrier ourselves.

We stopped overnight on the way down, and somewhere different on the way back. Also an overnight stop in a formula 1 near the kennels. It probably wasn't a lot cheaper in spite of budget accommodation, but it was an enjoyable trip.
Old Oct 11th 2008, 5:01 pm
Forum Regular

Thanks for the replies guys, i've contacted dogtainers and waiting for a quote. I think sorting the dog out is one of the hardest and most expensive bits of emigrating
Old Oct 14th 2008, 9:44 am
Forum Regular

KarenBK has a brilliant futureKarenBK has a brilliant futureKarenBK has a brilliant futureKarenBK has a brilliant futureKarenBK has a brilliant futureKarenBK has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by Stefjt
Thanks for the replies guys, i've contacted dogtainers and waiting for a quote. I think sorting the dog out is one of the hardest and most expensive bits of emigrating
My husband dined out for a loooong time on the fact that it cost more to fly (just fly - not the rest!) our dog out than me, my husband and our daughter put together. We thought he must've had dinner at the Savoy before going to Heathrow.

One more to try if you need it for transporting your dog. Jet Pets are great. We used Josh. Very very reasonable pricewise from Sydney to Brisbane.

Hope all goes well

Karen
Old Oct 14th 2008, 10:58 am
Ping pong PoM

alipally has a reputation beyond reputealipally has a reputation beyond reputealipally has a reputation beyond reputealipally has a reputation beyond reputealipally has a reputation beyond reputealipally has a reputation beyond reputealipally has a reputation beyond reputealipally has a reputation beyond reputealipally has a reputation beyond reputealipally has a reputation beyond reputealipally has a reputation beyond repute

OH and no2 Son drove to Eastern Creek, from Adelaide to pick up our girl.... 1500km each way $400 camper van hire, PLUS fuel.... cheaper to fly but the boys wouldn't have it, they were queueing up to get her on 'release' day!!

Sunshine coast is nearer, but my guess is that's it's cheaper to fly your dog to you!
Old Oct 14th 2008, 11:57 am
Forum Regular

LUNANBAY is a name known to allLUNANBAY is a name known to allLUNANBAY is a name known to allLUNANBAY is a name known to allLUNANBAY is a name known to allLUNANBAY is a name known to allLUNANBAY is a name known to allLUNANBAY is a name known to allLUNANBAY is a name known to allLUNANBAY is a name known to allLUNANBAY is a name known to all

good info chaps & chappettes,
touch wood our girly "Lady Brogs" should be with us for Xmas! Brilliant!!

Clarkies