Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Getting a counter signature for passport?

Getting a counter signature for passport?

Old Oct 10th 2003, 4:23 pm
UK to NZ to Canada

TiggerLottie will become famous soon enough
Default Getting a counter signature for passport?

hello,

I'm trying to get my kids passport sorted out and as they under 12 i have to apply for it on their behalf, as get someone to countersign it, ive just contacted my doctor who has known me all my life to be told they do not counter sign passports anymore...

Has anyone here just got a friend to do it and got their passport?

Thanks any info appreciated

Tigger
Old Oct 10th 2003, 8:10 pm
BE Forum Addict

tinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud of

If you are talking about the certfying photos bit then you need a Doctor, Solicitor Teacher etc to do it. They have to have known you for a certain period of time. You can only use a friend if their job is are on the list of professions that they give you.

You could always ask one of your children's Teachers at school, I am sure they wont mind if you give them a few choccies in return
Old Oct 10th 2003, 8:24 pm

bondipom is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally posted by tinaj
If you are talking about the certfying photos bit then you need a Doctor, Solicitor Teacher etc to do it. They have to have known you for a certain period of time. You can only use a friend if their job is are on the list of professions that they give you.

You could always ask one of your children's Teachers at school, I am sure they wont mind if you give them a few choccies in return
My mum is a primary school teacher and guess who gets all those bloody choccies she gets given (me). Please think of something different (like wine) that the teacher won't give away.
Old Oct 10th 2003, 8:56 pm
sky
Banned

sky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond repute

I had the same problem and I asked my sons Headmaster who gladly obliged.Or what about their healthvisitor, I had to ask a friend of ours who is a town councillor to sign ours cos the drs practice we are at hadnt had a dr there for longer than 2yrs who knew us even though we have been at the practice for 4yrs
Old Oct 10th 2003, 9:31 pm
Forum Regular

sunny_samantha is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Getting a counter signature for passport?

Originally posted by TiggerLottie
hello,

I'm trying to get my kids passport sorted out and as they under 12 i have to apply for it on their behalf, as get someone to countersign it, ive just contacted my doctor who has known me all my life to be told they do not counter sign passports anymore...

Has anyone here just got a friend to do it and got their passport?

Thanks any info appreciated

Tigger
Just thought I'd add that as a teacher I am allowed to sign any passport of any child I teach although the headteacher does prefer to do it. never a problem though, i'd just pop in to your childs school at the end of the day.
Old Oct 10th 2003, 10:09 pm
UK to NZ to Canada

TiggerLottie will become famous soon enough
Default Re: Getting a counter signature for passport?

Originally posted by sunny_samantha
Just thought I'd add that as a teacher I am allowed to sign any passport of any child I teach although the headteacher does prefer to do it. never a problem though, i'd just pop in to your childs school at the end of the day.
Thanks,
i will go see their Headteacher monday, ill be glad once they have been done and another thing i can tick off my huuuggeee list of to do's !
Got dog booked into be microchipped and tests done, hmmmm things seem to be going to easily...im waiting for the big Bang to happen !
Thanks all

tigger
Old Oct 11th 2003, 5:30 pm
BE Forum Addict

tinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud of

Originally posted by bondipom
My mum is a primary school teacher and guess who gets all those bloody choccies she gets given (me). Please think of something different (like wine) that the teacher won't give away.

Disagree with your comment on choccies - you can never give me enough chocolates, apart from bottles of wine that is!!