Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Getting from Brisbane Airport to the Gold Coast

Getting from Brisbane Airport to the Gold Coast

Old Mar 9th 2007, 5:41 am
I'm now an Aussie too!!!

shiels has a reputation beyond reputeshiels has a reputation beyond reputeshiels has a reputation beyond reputeshiels has a reputation beyond reputeshiels has a reputation beyond reputeshiels has a reputation beyond reputeshiels has a reputation beyond reputeshiels has a reputation beyond reputeshiels has a reputation beyond reputeshiels has a reputation beyond reputeshiels has a reputation beyond repute
Default Getting from Brisbane Airport to the Gold Coast

Is hiring a car the best option? or have any of you used the train service that runs between them? (relative has suggested this idea but I'm not so sure!!!)
If we hired a car at Brisbane Airport would we be able to return it to Gold Coast Airport?
We have a car to use once we get to the GC, its just getting there!!!! Thanks in advance. C x
Old Mar 9th 2007, 5:48 am
Worongary

steve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Getting from Brisbane Airport to the Gold Coast

Originally Posted by shiels
Is hiring a car the best option? or have any of you used the train service that runs between them? (relative has suggested this idea but I'm not so sure!!!)
If we hired a car at Brisbane Airport would we be able to return it to Gold Coast Airport?
We have a car to use once we get to the GC, its just getting there!!!! Thanks in advance. C x
we used east coast rentals they picked us up at the airport in a mini bus and took us a couple of k to their garage
cheap n cheerful

i`ll see if i can find the link

regards steve

http://www.eastcoastcarrentals.com.au/

Last edited by steve`o; Mar 9th 2007 at 5:51 am. Reason: added abit
Old Mar 9th 2007, 5:52 am
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute

The train is quite good depending on where you want to end up. The track only goes as far as Robina so it would be ideal if you want to get off between Coomera and Robina. Otherwise you then have a taxi ride to wherever unless you are going to be picked up. East Coast Rentals are very good - well I thought so anyway. I think you can leave the car at any of their offices. They have one at Surfers then one at Tugan which is a couple of kms up the road from GC Airport.
Old Mar 9th 2007, 7:18 am
BE Enthusiast

JohnandMichelle is a glorious beacon of lightJohnandMichelle is a glorious beacon of lightJohnandMichelle is a glorious beacon of lightJohnandMichelle is a glorious beacon of lightJohnandMichelle is a glorious beacon of lightJohnandMichelle is a glorious beacon of lightJohnandMichelle is a glorious beacon of lightJohnandMichelle is a glorious beacon of lightJohnandMichelle is a glorious beacon of lightJohnandMichelle is a glorious beacon of lightJohnandMichelle is a glorious beacon of light

Hey Claire - easiest option - talk nice to the rellies and get them to pick you up - its nice to have a friendly face at the airport after that flight and the whole leaving family, etc.... The train would be hard work with all your luggage. Any luck with your house sale? Michelle x
Old Mar 9th 2007, 7:24 am
BE Forum Addict

sassie has a reputation beyond reputesassie has a reputation beyond reputesassie has a reputation beyond reputesassie has a reputation beyond reputesassie has a reputation beyond reputesassie has a reputation beyond reputesassie has a reputation beyond reputesassie has a reputation beyond reputesassie has a reputation beyond reputesassie has a reputation beyond reputesassie has a reputation beyond repute

Hi, we have used the train from Brisbane Airport a few times and if you have someone who can pick you up at the other end, then that would probably be the way to go, far cheaper than hiring a car, although it's quite a long journey. From memory, I think it took about 1 1/2 hours to get down as far as Nerang. The Gold Coast stations are quite remote as well, i.e. no where near the town centres, although they are all serviced with taxis and buses.

On the other hand if you want to hire a car, we did this last time and hired a car from Hertz at the airport, (did it all on line), and dropped it off at their office in Surfers Paradise, so I would imagine all the major hire companies would enable their vehicles to be dropped at their other locations.
Old Mar 9th 2007, 12:51 pm
I'm now an Aussie too!!!

shiels has a reputation beyond reputeshiels has a reputation beyond reputeshiels has a reputation beyond reputeshiels has a reputation beyond reputeshiels has a reputation beyond reputeshiels has a reputation beyond reputeshiels has a reputation beyond reputeshiels has a reputation beyond reputeshiels has a reputation beyond reputeshiels has a reputation beyond reputeshiels has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by steve`o
we used east coast rentals they picked us up at the airport in a mini bus and took us a couple of k to their garage
cheap n cheerful

i`ll see if i can find the link

regards steve

http://www.eastcoastcarrentals.com.au/
Originally Posted by moneypen20
The train is quite good depending on where you want to end up. The track only goes as far as Robina so it would be ideal if you want to get off between Coomera and Robina. Otherwise you then have a taxi ride to wherever unless you are going to be picked up. East Coast Rentals are very good - well I thought so anyway. I think you can leave the car at any of their offices. They have one at Surfers then one at Tugan which is a couple of kms up the road from GC Airport.
Originally Posted by JohnandMichelle
Hey Claire - easiest option - talk nice to the rellies and get them to pick you up - its nice to have a friendly face at the airport after that flight and the whole leaving family, etc.... The train would be hard work with all your luggage. Any luck with your house sale? Michelle x
Originally Posted by sassie
Hi, we have used the train from Brisbane Airport a few times and if you have someone who can pick you up at the other end, then that would probably be the way to go, far cheaper than hiring a car, although it's quite a long journey. From memory, I think it took about 1 1/2 hours to get down as far as Nerang. The Gold Coast stations are quite remote as well, i.e. no where near the town centres, although they are all serviced with taxis and buses.

On the other hand if you want to hire a car, we did this last time and hired a car from Hertz at the airport, (did it all on line), and dropped it off at their office in Surfers Paradise, so I would imagine all the major hire companies would enable their vehicles to be dropped at their other locations.
Thanks guys for all your replies. Will look into your suggestions.

Michelle, will send you an e-mail to update you!!!! C x
Old Mar 9th 2007, 6:48 pm
Former Resident Visa

Jaycee1 has a reputation beyond reputeJaycee1 has a reputation beyond reputeJaycee1 has a reputation beyond reputeJaycee1 has a reputation beyond reputeJaycee1 has a reputation beyond reputeJaycee1 has a reputation beyond reputeJaycee1 has a reputation beyond reputeJaycee1 has a reputation beyond reputeJaycee1 has a reputation beyond reputeJaycee1 has a reputation beyond reputeJaycee1 has a reputation beyond repute

Hi C,
Just found this in the Aus reccie section:

http://britishexpats.com/forum/showthread.php?t=432539

Might be worth a look....
J x
Old Mar 9th 2007, 6:54 pm
I'm now an Aussie too!!!

Originally Posted by Jaycee1
Hi C,
Just found this in the Aus reccie section:

http://britishexpats.com/forum/showthread.php?t=432539

Might be worth a look....
J x
Thanks J....i will take a look. C x
Old Mar 9th 2007, 7:11 pm
BE Enthusiast

Ozzy7 is a name known to allOzzy7 is a name known to allOzzy7 is a name known to allOzzy7 is a name known to allOzzy7 is a name known to allOzzy7 is a name known to allOzzy7 is a name known to allOzzy7 is a name known to allOzzy7 is a name known to allOzzy7 is a name known to allOzzy7 is a name known to all

We have always hired a car and drove from the airport to the GC its about an hours drive, and yes you would be able to drop the car off at the GC airport if you didnt need it.
Old Mar 9th 2007, 7:23 pm
I'm now an Aussie too!!!

Originally Posted by Ozzy7
We have always hired a car and drove from the airport to the GC its about an hours drive, and yes you would be able to drop the car off at the GC airport if you didnt need it.
Great thanks for that. C x
Old Mar 9th 2007, 9:35 pm
Forum Regular

Craig&Sam is just really niceCraig&Sam is just really niceCraig&Sam is just really niceCraig&Sam is just really niceCraig&Sam is just really niceCraig&Sam is just really niceCraig&Sam is just really niceCraig&Sam is just really niceCraig&Sam is just really niceCraig&Sam is just really niceCraig&Sam is just really nice

We have done Brisbane airport to Gold Coast 3 times and done it 3 different ways. Firstly the Airtrain, fine but delays on our day and took nearly 3 Hrs to get to Helensvale, then 15 mins in a taxi. Second time car hire, by far the preferred option, especially with a 3 month old on board. Thirdly, airport transfer, Con-x-ion (or something like that), good value especially if you are on a tighter budget as we were on the last trip, door to door no messing about. Guess it depends on your circumstances. if you can afford it I would go with car hire every time. If there is just 2 or 3 of you and no babies the Airtrain is good. If you have a family of 4 or 5 and no baby the Con-x-ion is great. Whatever you choose it is all part of the adventure.
Old Mar 9th 2007, 9:41 pm
Forum Regular

Craig&Sam is just really niceCraig&Sam is just really niceCraig&Sam is just really niceCraig&Sam is just really niceCraig&Sam is just really niceCraig&Sam is just really niceCraig&Sam is just really niceCraig&Sam is just really niceCraig&Sam is just really niceCraig&Sam is just really niceCraig&Sam is just really nice

Originally Posted by Craig&Sam
We have done Brisbane airport to Gold Coast 3 times and done it 3 different ways. Firstly the Airtrain, fine but delays on our day and took nearly 3 Hrs to get to Helensvale, then 15 mins in a taxi. Second time car hire, by far the preferred option, especially with a 3 month old on board. Thirdly, airport transfer, Con-x-ion (or something like that), good value especially if you are on a tighter budget as we were on the last trip, door to door no messing about. Guess it depends on your circumstances. if you can afford it I would go with car hire every time. If there is just 2 or 3 of you and no babies the Airtrain is good. If you have a family of 4 or 5 and no baby the Con-x-ion is great. Whatever you choose it is all part of the adventure.
LOL. Just thought, 3 of us arrived at Helensvale off the Airtrain with a months worth of luggage, if I remember correctly you had an automated taxi phone so couldn't specify what size cab you needed. When ours arrived you could just fit Sams handbag in the boot with the aircon tank! Taxi driver wasn't best impressed with suitcases crammed in the passenger seating areas. Just something to bear in mind.
Old Mar 9th 2007, 10:57 pm
Gold Coast and Loving it.

nick72 has a reputation beyond reputenick72 has a reputation beyond reputenick72 has a reputation beyond reputenick72 has a reputation beyond reputenick72 has a reputation beyond reputenick72 has a reputation beyond reputenick72 has a reputation beyond reputenick72 has a reputation beyond reputenick72 has a reputation beyond reputenick72 has a reputation beyond reputenick72 has a reputation beyond repute

Where are you heading to on the Gold Coast ? There are plenty of options available as everyone here has mentioned. Just need to know where you want to get to !

Must come see the house soon Steve !

Nick
Old Mar 10th 2007, 12:14 am
Life's a gamble

Suni&Jay has a reputation beyond reputeSuni&Jay has a reputation beyond reputeSuni&Jay has a reputation beyond reputeSuni&Jay has a reputation beyond reputeSuni&Jay has a reputation beyond reputeSuni&Jay has a reputation beyond reputeSuni&Jay has a reputation beyond reputeSuni&Jay has a reputation beyond reputeSuni&Jay has a reputation beyond reputeSuni&Jay has a reputation beyond reputeSuni&Jay has a reputation beyond repute

Hi Shiels, As most of the post have said, car hire is probably the best way to go. We hired from Brizzy airport and dropped off at Surfers. Or depending on the kids etc, you can get a airport transfer company, door to door. There are quiet a few about, let me know if you need any numbers.

Hope you have a safe and pleasant journey. See you on the other side

Suni
Old Mar 10th 2007, 6:21 am
Suzy's Mummy too!

Jonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond reputeJonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond reputeJonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond reputeJonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond reputeJonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond reputeJonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond reputeJonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond reputeJonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond reputeJonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond reputeJonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond reputeJonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks J....i will take a look. C x
Please dont forget us either (see signature)

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.