Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Getting bond back

Getting bond back

Old Jan 3rd 2007, 3:26 am
BE Enthusiast

clougherty family has a reputation beyond reputeclougherty family has a reputation beyond reputeclougherty family has a reputation beyond reputeclougherty family has a reputation beyond reputeclougherty family has a reputation beyond reputeclougherty family has a reputation beyond reputeclougherty family has a reputation beyond reputeclougherty family has a reputation beyond reputeclougherty family has a reputation beyond reputeclougherty family has a reputation beyond reputeclougherty family has a reputation beyond repute
Default Getting bond back

Does anyone know what happens about getting our $5000 bond back if we go home before we're due to get it? It's not 2 years until May but we will probably be back in the UK by then. If we leave Australia will they give it back early because if we're not living here they don't need it to cover us for anything we might claim.

Jo
Old Jan 3rd 2007, 3:29 am
Account Closed

Nomore is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Getting bond back

Jo..if you are renting and they get someone else to take your place then you should get it back no problem. As long as there is no damages to pay for out of it.
Old Jan 3rd 2007, 3:37 am
BE Enthusiast

clougherty family has a reputation beyond reputeclougherty family has a reputation beyond reputeclougherty family has a reputation beyond reputeclougherty family has a reputation beyond reputeclougherty family has a reputation beyond reputeclougherty family has a reputation beyond reputeclougherty family has a reputation beyond reputeclougherty family has a reputation beyond reputeclougherty family has a reputation beyond reputeclougherty family has a reputation beyond reputeclougherty family has a reputation beyond repute

I mean the visa bond that our assurer paid, sorry for the confusion!
Old Jan 3rd 2007, 3:41 am
Account Closed

oh i see!!! can't answer that. Have you booked your flights yet? We are coming back to UK in Dec. Will cost us a fortune, but i don't care.
Old Jan 3rd 2007, 6:12 am
BE Enthusiast

blowfly is a glorious beacon of lightblowfly is a glorious beacon of lightblowfly is a glorious beacon of lightblowfly is a glorious beacon of lightblowfly is a glorious beacon of lightblowfly is a glorious beacon of lightblowfly is a glorious beacon of lightblowfly is a glorious beacon of lightblowfly is a glorious beacon of lightblowfly is a glorious beacon of lightblowfly is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by paulrachel
oh i see!!! can't answer that. Have you booked your flights yet? We are coming back to UK in Dec. Will cost us a fortune, but i don't care.
I dont know about the bond I would check it out to make sure you don't loose it.It may be worth hanging on for the extra time. pauland rachel are you going for good or a holiday?Don't mean to be nosey but we don't know whether to go in April for a month or just keep the money and get gone but we dont think we can wait until Aug/sept next year!.
Old Jan 3rd 2007, 6:18 am
Account Closed

Originally Posted by blowfly
I dont know about the bond I would check it out to make sure you don't loose it.It may be worth hanging on for the extra time. pauland rachel are you going for good or a holiday?Don't mean to be nosey but we don't know whether to go in April for a month or just keep the money and get gone but we dont think we can wait until Aug/sept next year!.
Hi..yes it will be for a holiday and to take our daughter back as she hates it here. Hopefully it will help us decide whether we should return for good. If so we will sell up here and go home for good. You never know we might hate it back in UK.
Are you another one trying to escape Perth
Old Jan 3rd 2007, 7:15 am
BE Forum Addict

joho has a reputation beyond reputejoho has a reputation beyond reputejoho has a reputation beyond reputejoho has a reputation beyond reputejoho has a reputation beyond reputejoho has a reputation beyond reputejoho has a reputation beyond reputejoho has a reputation beyond reputejoho has a reputation beyond reputejoho has a reputation beyond reputejoho has a reputation beyond repute

I know its up to you but surely it would be worth hanging in there for another few months to get your citizenship then you can come and go forever including your daughter.

Jo
Old Jan 3rd 2007, 8:46 am
BE Enthusiast

blowfly is a glorious beacon of lightblowfly is a glorious beacon of lightblowfly is a glorious beacon of lightblowfly is a glorious beacon of lightblowfly is a glorious beacon of lightblowfly is a glorious beacon of lightblowfly is a glorious beacon of lightblowfly is a glorious beacon of lightblowfly is a glorious beacon of lightblowfly is a glorious beacon of lightblowfly is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by paulrachel
Hi..yes it will be for a holiday and to take our daughter back as she hates it here. Hopefully it will help us decide whether we should return for good. If so we will sell up here and go home for good. You never know we might hate it back in UK.
Are you another one trying to escape Perth
Our son hates here too .I am concerned about spending money.Should I just keep going on and save the money into going back and possibly die from boredom or just go anyway? We bought a house here bit stupid it has tied us down more.We are trying to escape bloody Qld . Oh I think i will just go anyway .I having one of my not so great days today.

Last edited by blowfly; Jan 3rd 2007 at 8:48 am. Reason: mised a word
Old Jan 3rd 2007, 4:04 pm
BE Enthusiast

chance to be has a reputation beyond reputechance to be has a reputation beyond reputechance to be has a reputation beyond reputechance to be has a reputation beyond reputechance to be has a reputation beyond reputechance to be has a reputation beyond reputechance to be has a reputation beyond reputechance to be has a reputation beyond reputechance to be has a reputation beyond reputechance to be has a reputation beyond reputechance to be has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by blowfly
Our son hates here too .I am concerned about spending money.Should I just keep going on and save the money into going back and possibly die from boredom or just go anyway? We bought a house here bit stupid it has tied us down more.We are trying to escape bloody Qld . Oh I think i will just go anyway .I having one of my not so great days today.
hi
i believe that you can get your money back at any time. I think its once your pr or whatever expires so you would not be eligable to migrate again (JAJ Im sure will correct me if its wrong) that theres no point in them keeping it for you anymore.
i left and will apply for mine but havent got round to it. all i know is i left after 8mnths in Oz and am entitled to a return of it.
c
Old Jan 4th 2007, 1:57 pm
Yorkshire Lass

meljor has a reputation beyond reputemeljor has a reputation beyond reputemeljor has a reputation beyond reputemeljor has a reputation beyond reputemeljor has a reputation beyond reputemeljor has a reputation beyond reputemeljor has a reputation beyond reputemeljor has a reputation beyond reputemeljor has a reputation beyond reputemeljor has a reputation beyond reputemeljor has a reputation beyond repute

This is a great thread we were wondering the same, though our 2 years will be up before we return home. Don't you think they should have a money back guarentee with visas, try it and if you dont like and return within 2 years you get your money back. I had a bit of agro from a collegue last night when I mentioned I was going back, he said something along the lines of come here take our jobs and money and then bugger off back, I soon put him right about the amount of money it cost to get here etc.
Old Jan 5th 2007, 2:02 am
JAJ
Retired

JAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by chance to be
hi
i believe that you can get your money back at any time.
The bond will not be refunded before the 2nd anniversary of your first entry to Australia. Not even if you go home.

I think its once your pr or whatever expires so you would not be eligable to migrate again (JAJ Im sure will correct me if its wrong)
You might still be eligible to migrate but only if you meet the requirements from scratch (most people don't).
Old Jan 5th 2007, 2:03 am
JAJ
Retired

JAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by meljor
Don't you think they should have a money back guarentee with visas, try it and if you dont like and return within 2 years you get your money back.
No, I doubt most people would think that.