Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Getting an ambulance in Oz

Getting an ambulance in Oz

Old Nov 18th 2003, 3:51 am
Y Ddraig Goch

Location: Body is in Brissie. Heart and soul has long flown home.
Ceri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to all

Originally posted by bondipom
There are ways to subsidise without hand outs. Try tax credits. You have to ask who is going to look after all the oldies. There are not enough doctors and majority of those available now will be retiring and out of the workforce.

I have no idea how to deal with over productive single mums who do not support themselves but starving them out of existence is not the option.
They should try crossing their legs.. watch the backlash. Everyone has choices in this world. I'm sorry when I was growing up in School there were girls as young as 14, 15 getting pregnant on purpose - ie they'd get into a council house.

You abolish half of these handouts .. more people HAVE TO work.
Take Singapore, one of the lowest unemployment in the world.

There are too many handouts in western countries. I'm not disputing it for real genuine , needy people..

cheers
Old Nov 18th 2003, 4:00 am

bondipom is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally posted by Ceri
They should try crossing their legs.. watch the backlash. Everyone has choices in this world. I'm sorry when I was growing up in School there were girls as young as 14, 15 getting pregnant on purpose - ie they'd get into a council house.

You abolish half of these handouts .. more people HAVE TO work.
Take Singapore, one of the lowest unemployment in the world.

There are too many handouts in western countries. I'm not disputing it for real genuine , needy people..

cheers
I see a need for better sex education and too raise the aspirations of teenagers beyond raising sprogs. The old dilemma is separating the genuinely needy and the "bludgers". There is no magic bullet. Japan has the same level of support as Singapore and since the economic crisis homlelessness has shot up. We got lost and walked through a park in Shibuya and it was lined with very neat tarpaulin houses. All probably housing hard working individuals with no handouts.

If the the level of humanity that we show produces hopeless single mums so be it as it is not the kids fault.
Old Nov 18th 2003, 7:29 am
Forum Regular

gunitm is a jewel in the roughgunitm is a jewel in the roughgunitm is a jewel in the roughgunitm is a jewel in the rough
Default Check with ur Private Health Insurance Company as well!

Well sometime back i bought private health cover in Victoria. I did a bit of research on which is better than which, but what I realised in due course was that instead of paying around 99 $/year/family it was better to opt for a Private Health Insurance Comp. that throws it in.
But how much use is private health insurance still remains a topic of absolute dispute.

gunitm
Old Nov 18th 2003, 9:41 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

OzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by bondipom
I see a need for better sex education and too raise the aspirations of teenagers beyond raising sprogs. The old dilemma is separating the genuinely needy and the "bludgers". There is no magic bullet. Japan has the same level of support as Singapore and since the economic crisis homlelessness has shot up. We got lost and walked through a park in Shibuya and it was lined with very neat tarpaulin houses. All probably housing hard working individuals with no handouts.

If the the level of humanity that we show produces hopeless single mums so be it as it is not the kids fault.
Yep, agreed.

OzTennis