It gets worse

Old Sep 25th 2003, 11:11 pm

bondipom is an unknown quantity at this point
Default It gets worse

More beautiful unseasonably warm days and no waves again. May explain the frustration in my posts.
Old Sep 25th 2003, 11:37 pm
Rocket Scientist

Location: Dreamland AKA Brisbane which is a different country to the UK
MrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: It gets worse

Originally posted by bondipom
More beautiful unseasonably warm days and no waves again. May explain the frustration in my posts.
You should have been up here yesterday, we had to pick up our new boat & bring it up from the Gold Coast to Manly, the waves in Moreton Bay were big enough to surf . Scared ourselves silly :scared: :scared: :scared:
Old Sep 25th 2003, 11:46 pm

Originally posted by MrsDagboy
You should have been up here yesterday, we had to pick up our new boat & bring it up from the Gold Coast to Manly, the waves in Moreton Bay were big enough to surf . Scared ourselves silly :scared: :scared: :scared:
Just had a look at the Burleigh Broadband cam on coastwatch. Looks a little choppy there with that NNW. Not much wave action though.

After a week of 28c saturday is going back down to 20c. How am I meant to look brown when I go back to London for a holiday?
Old Sep 25th 2003, 11:46 pm
owieb

Looking good in Perth today, waist to chest high with some shoulder high ones coming through to.

Going out for a paddle in about hour!

Old Sep 25th 2003, 11:49 pm

Originally posted by owieb
Looking good in Perth today, waist to chest high with some shoulder high ones coming through to.

Going out for a paddle in about hour!
Nice one. Are you any good?
Old Sep 25th 2003, 11:51 pm
owieb

Nice one. Are you any good?
Nope I'm cr*p, but I just love going out there and having a play!

Old Sep 25th 2003, 11:54 pm
Rocket Scientist

MrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond repute

Just had a look at the Burleigh Broadband cam on coastwatch. Looks a little choppy there with that NNW. Not much wave action though.

After a week of 28c saturday is going back down to 20c. How am I meant to look brown when I go back to London for a holiday?
Yeah choppy = waves to me, Im talking about boating not surfing . It will get worse in the afternoon too, it did yesterday. Still trying to work out why the hell we did it? LOL

As for the tan, come to Brisbane, 31-32 for the whole weekend supposedly, luckily we are going to Bundaberg for a family party, of course it will be much cooler up there .
Old Sep 25th 2003, 11:55 pm

Originally posted by owieb
Nope I'm cr*p, but I just love going out there and having a play!
Same here. There is something very calming about being in the line up and trying to judge the waves. The Mrs cannot understand why I like sitting around in cold water.
Old Sep 25th 2003, 11:56 pm

Yeah choppy = waves to me, Im talking about boating not surfing . It will get worse in the afternoon too, it did yesterday. Still trying to work out why the hell we did it? LOL

As for the tan, come to Brisbane, 31-32 for the whole weekend supposedly, luckily we are going to Bundaberg for a family party, of course it will be much cooler up there .
What type of boat do you have? Are you moving to Sydney?
Old Sep 26th 2003, 12:00 am
Rocket Scientist

We just bought a 31' Mustang, an older one, not brand new. I have a pic somewhere online if I can find it, took some yesterday as well but havent downloaded them off the camera yet.

Why would we be moving to Sydney?
Old Sep 26th 2003, 12:02 am

We just bought a 31' Mustang, an older one, not brand new. I have a pic somewhere online if I can find it, took some yesterday as well but havent downloaded them off the camera yet.

Why is the boat going to Manly?
Old Sep 26th 2003, 12:05 am

Is it like this one

http://www.yachtnet.com.au/listings/power/mp529.htm
Old Sep 26th 2003, 12:06 am
Rocket Scientist

Ooooooooh, ok understand now, no not Manly in Sydney, Manly up here in Brisbane which is near where we live .

You had me confused there for a min, but then thats not hard .

Heres one of the pics I have.

Old Sep 26th 2003, 12:09 am
Rocket Scientist

Yep, we looked at that one too, but didnt like it. That also has a flybridge which is one of the reasons we didnt like it.

Ours is in much better condition .
Old Sep 26th 2003, 12:14 am

Fantastic boat. I do like mucking around on water. I went out of the heads in a similiar boat earlier in the year and experienced sea sickness for about 5 hours.

We caught a 20 kg dolphin fish which was an experience. Seeing hundreds of dolphins swimming with the boat was good as well. I think I will check the weather the next time as the sea sickness was hell.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.