Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

a get together .. in SUSSEX

a get together .. in SUSSEX

Old Apr 20th 2003, 10:50 am
Forum Regular

Lynn W is just really niceLynn W is just really niceLynn W is just really niceLynn W is just really niceLynn W is just really niceLynn W is just really niceLynn W is just really niceLynn W is just really niceLynn W is just really niceLynn W is just really niceLynn W is just really nice
Thumbs up a get together .. in SUSSEX

Hi all, Steve and sam had a great idea about arranging a meeting. After posting and asking if anyone from sussex was interested i found out there was.

We are in Brighton so let me know if anyone would be interested and lets DO it !

Brisbane bound SOON i hope......
Old Apr 20th 2003, 11:37 am
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Hiya Lynn!
Not only in Sussex, but I'm in Brighton!! Fiveways area - anywhere near you? And heading for Brisbane (I hope) on a fiance visa later this year.
Certainly interested in a get-together, when do you have in mind?
I'm away over the next Bank Holiday (May 5th) but fairly free apart from that.
Pollyana
Old Apr 20th 2003, 1:02 pm
Just Joined

lindy is an unknown quantity at this point

Hiya Lynn and Polyana and any other in Sussex area
We are in Portslade so anywhere is great for us, hubby me and 3 kids all trying to head for brisbane.
lets get together and talk dreams.
When are you free? We can fit in with you.
Cheers
Lindy
Old Apr 20th 2003, 2:02 pm
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

This is soooo weird - all so close, and all heading to the same place but never met!
OK, I'll take the bull by the horns and suggest the weekend of May 9th/10th/11th? I can't do the B Hol weekend, and am being good and teetotal next weekend owing to my medical being on the Monday (ARRGGHHH!!!). Also if we make it a couple of weeks ahead we might rope a few more people in!
Now its up to someone to come up with a decent place - not too remote preferably!!
Pollyana
Old Apr 20th 2003, 6:15 pm
Forum Regular

Jamesy is an unknown quantity at this point

WE live up near East Grinstead but definitely up for it!
Old Apr 20th 2003, 6:33 pm
Just Joined

lindy is an unknown quantity at this point

Just thinking about a possible venue. when we met up in Kent it was at a Charlie Chalks and for me with 3 young kids that was great as it kept them occupied and they had somewhere safe to play.
To all others interested do you have kids as a number of places come to mind. Withdean Stadium has a great indoor and outdoor area, so has Saltdean Tavern which will be easy for non Brightonians to find, Swiss cottage in Shoreham which has a great outdoor area if the weather is nice, oh and the list goes on, but all depending on peoples family configeration.

Give us a clue!!
Lindy
Old Apr 20th 2003, 7:49 pm
Forum Regular

Anywhere is good for us, we have a 12 year old boy who is very easy going (could entertain some of the younger ones!!)
Old Apr 20th 2003, 9:14 pm
BE Enthusiast

muppetking is on a distinguished road

Originally posted by Pollyana
Hiya Lynn!
Not only in Sussex, but I'm in Brighton!! Fiveways area - anywhere near you? And heading for Brisbane (I hope) on a fiance visa later this year.
Certainly interested in a get-together, when do you have in mind?
I'm away over the next Bank Holiday (May 5th) but fairly free apart from that.
Pollyana
Ex Balfour Road! And you?
Old Apr 20th 2003, 9:19 pm
Forum Regular

Not me, but u enjoying NZ??!!!
Old Apr 20th 2003, 9:21 pm
BE Enthusiast

muppetking is on a distinguished road

Originally posted by Jamesy
Not me, but u enjoying NZ??!!!
It has its moments! Where are you in Brighton? Der......just seen your location! Withdean does have a good family friendly pub!The Sportsman.
Old Apr 20th 2003, 9:28 pm
Forum Regular

So really!! How is NZ?? Better than old Blighty? (SSSHHH PB may be watching)
Old Apr 21st 2003, 6:35 am
BE Enthusiast

abergas has much to be proud ofabergas has much to be proud ofabergas has much to be proud ofabergas has much to be proud ofabergas has much to be proud ofabergas has much to be proud ofabergas has much to be proud ofabergas has much to be proud ofabergas has much to be proud ofabergas has much to be proud ofabergas has much to be proud of
Default Re: a get together .. in SUSSEX

Originally posted by Lynn W
Hi all, Steve and sam had a great idea about arranging a meeting. After posting and asking if anyone from sussex was interested i found out there was.

We are in Brighton so let me know if anyone would be interested and lets DO it !

Brisbane bound SOON i hope......

Yes please, count us in, we are from Horsham, got a few more we can contact to ask if they are interested. Any of those dates 9/10/11 may are ok with us.
We are heading to Perth

c-ya Yve
Old Apr 21st 2003, 6:41 am
BE Enthusiast

abergas has much to be proud ofabergas has much to be proud ofabergas has much to be proud ofabergas has much to be proud ofabergas has much to be proud ofabergas has much to be proud ofabergas has much to be proud ofabergas has much to be proud ofabergas has much to be proud ofabergas has much to be proud ofabergas has much to be proud of

Originally posted by Jamesy
Anywhere is good for us, we have a 12 year old boy who is very easy going (could entertain some of the younger ones!!)
Hi Jamesy
We are interested in this get together in Sussex, we have 2 boys of 12 and 14,

Yve
Old Apr 21st 2003, 9:02 am
Just Joined

NicciS is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi,

we would be interested. Though we would not count as new immigrants, as Im an Aussie, returning to Perth, in a lot of ways we are starting again. We have twins aged 5.

Nicci
Old Apr 21st 2003, 6:38 pm
Forum Regular

Lynn W is just really niceLynn W is just really niceLynn W is just really niceLynn W is just really niceLynn W is just really niceLynn W is just really niceLynn W is just really niceLynn W is just really niceLynn W is just really niceLynn W is just really niceLynn W is just really nice

Hi All, wow so many people. LETS DO IT

It has been suggested saturday May 10th.

For those of you that will be bringing your children - how about Charlie Chalks, (sportsman) withdean stadium. 7pm - 7pm..
OR
Same venue - Sunday 11th May 12 - 12.30pm

Our name's our Steve and Lynn. ( we have two children we may not bring them)

I hope that many people can come - and i'm looking forward to meeting everybody who has the same dreams . X

Let me Know...

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.