Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Get ready for Winter!! Batten down the hatches

Wikiposts

Get ready for Winter!! Batten down the hatches

Old Oct 7th 2003, 1:24 am
Banned

Megalania has a brilliant futureMegalania has a brilliant futureMegalania has a brilliant futureMegalania has a brilliant futureMegalania has a brilliant futureMegalania has a brilliant futureMegalania has a brilliant futureMegalania has a brilliant future

Originally posted by h garrett
did he have to wait ages for his heart transplant though?
Was he a penniless Pom?
Old Oct 7th 2003, 1:26 am
High in the Dandenongs

hevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by Megalania
Was he a penniless Pom?
nope, well in the film they were american. Anyway, i'm lost now, need to go and dig out the dvd!
Old Oct 7th 2003, 2:13 am

tiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond repute

its so bloody WINDY today (no,not the curry induced windy!)
just wrestled the duvet cover onto the washing line, only to see it sail over the fence into next doors garden!! the kids jumpers/fleeces dont fit 'em any longer (can they really have grown that much in 6 months!!??) and to cap it all my central heating has just packed in again, but the council cant come and fix it until friday...

Steve...have visions of you stood on the back step with a mug of tea, all wrapped up in your flanelette pj's and dressing gown!!!!
only kidding

sue
Old Oct 7th 2003, 2:16 am
She's a bird, you know

bundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond repute

Just wait until the clocks change....
Old Oct 7th 2003, 2:41 am
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

I'm quite prepared for the shouts of horror I will get in response to this - but I wish it would get colder, quick! In fact, I'm actually praying for snow..... no I haven't lost my marbles, I just enjoy those crisp cold mornings, and I would love to experience one more snowfall before I leave. I prayed for lots of snow last winter, guessing it would be my last here, but I think I was out of favour with Him upstairs, as we hardly got any down here in Sussex.
So, with apologies to all those people who hate the white stuff, pleeeeease God, can we have a lickle bit of early snow in the next three and a half weeks?

Pollyana

(Off to take cover from all the insults coming my way when people read that post!)
Old Oct 7th 2003, 4:20 am
BE Forum Addict

tinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud of

I am having to double my dosage of St John's Wort from now on!! As soon as the weather gets cold and grey that is it for me. I especially hate the dark mornings- who wants to get up when it is pitch black?

I am not too worried about this Winter as I know I wont be here for the worst of it!

I am having to avoid buying any more jumpers etc for the kids, they definitely wont need them for a long time after we arrive in their Summer!
Old Oct 7th 2003, 7:01 am
I Know What's Going On!

SteveBannister is a jewel in the roughSteveBannister is a jewel in the roughSteveBannister is a jewel in the roughSteveBannister is a jewel in the roughSteveBannister is a jewel in the rough

Originally posted by Pollyana
I'm quite prepared for the shouts of horror I will get in response to this - but I wish it would get colder, quick! In fact, I'm actually praying for snow..... no I haven't lost my marbles, I just enjoy those crisp cold mornings, and I would love to experience one more snowfall before I leave. I prayed for lots of snow last winter, guessing it would be my last here, but I think I was out of favour with Him upstairs, as we hardly got any down here in Sussex.
So, with apologies to all those people who hate the white stuff, pleeeeease God, can we have a lickle bit of early snow in the next three and a half weeks?

Pollyana

(Off to take cover from all the insults coming my way when people read that post!)
Well said, fresh mornings with a bracing wind. Per chance a bit of snow!
Old Oct 7th 2003, 7:09 am
BE Enthusiast

jeannie has a brilliant futurejeannie has a brilliant futurejeannie has a brilliant futurejeannie has a brilliant futurejeannie has a brilliant futurejeannie has a brilliant future
Default Re: Get ready for Winter!! Batten down the hatches

Originally posted by noodle
I woke up to grey skies, rain and cold winds today which was thoroughly depressing. I dropped my son of at school in the car (far too cold to walk now!!!) and when I got in, I had a nice cup of tea and crumpets and felt all snug with the central heating on, knowing that I won't have to go out again until 3pm. It does make me feel happy when the weather turns and you can watch how miserable it is outside, yet be safe and warm inside. The novelty soon wears off, especially when you're still doing it in bloody June!!
That about says it all "lol"
Old Oct 7th 2003, 7:12 am
BE Enthusiast

jeannie has a brilliant futurejeannie has a brilliant futurejeannie has a brilliant futurejeannie has a brilliant futurejeannie has a brilliant futurejeannie has a brilliant future
Default Re: Get ready for Winter!! Batten down the hatches

Originally posted by sa11yanne
so you were in auto pilot mode!!!

Whereas my bargain hunting mother would have bought her buy one get 60 free Lemsip in the summer, and is stocking up on next years suncream in the sale!

Love your Mom...... lady after me own heart......
Old Oct 7th 2003, 7:21 am
BE Enthusiast

Jolyn is an unknown quantity at this point

The vision of Steve outside having tea this morning - mad dogs and Englishmen it is then...

We're going to miss most of this winter here - yippee!! It's not the winter I mind so much - more like Noodle said, that it goes on sooooo long. Seasons are great if there are four of them and they keep strictly to 3 months each - none of this 2 months each for Spring, Summer and Autumn and the other 6 for winter stuff please.

Winter is hell with a fussy wuss of a 3 year old. He hates the cold but won't wear any bulky or uncomfortable clothing - including all jackets, gloves, scarves - or anything with draught proof elasticated wrists or whatever. Any weather cold enough to need more than a fleece and we're stuck in with him (or me!) climbing the walls. Or pushing the buggy with him trussed up in blankets refusing to get out. He's even gone off the swings this week because the metal arms are too cold for his hands!:scared: Get me out of here!!!!

Get well soon H.
Old Oct 7th 2003, 7:27 am
BE Enthusiast

Pollyana

I am the only one who understands you my girl.......
I love that cold day with snow that's very crisp (not that wet muchy cr**p)....the snow you can pick up and i'ts like powder. Then home for a hot toddy or better still off to the local pub...........Will have to wait till Dec or Jan tho...........
Hey....... if you can Get to Oz via Calgary Canada you are welcome to see our Snow.......................
Old Oct 7th 2003, 8:05 am
High in the Dandenongs

hevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond repute

Thats why i'm off to melb, best of all worlds
Old Oct 7th 2003, 8:14 am
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Might make it to Canada one day Jeannie; I have 2 friends who tell me its beautiful in winter. Un the meantime I guess the closest I'll manage is a visit to Tassie in midwinter!

And Hevs? Two weeks to go? Wow!!! I wanna hear all about it when you get there. No rose tinted specs mind, just the horrible truth....!!!
Old Oct 7th 2003, 11:39 am
Banned

Megalania has a brilliant futureMegalania has a brilliant futureMegalania has a brilliant futureMegalania has a brilliant futureMegalania has a brilliant futureMegalania has a brilliant futureMegalania has a brilliant futureMegalania has a brilliant future

Might make it to Canada one day Jeannie; I have 2 friends who tell me its beautiful in winter. Un the meantime I guess the closest I'll manage is a visit to Tassie in midwinter!

And Hevs? Two weeks to go? Wow!!! I wanna hear all about it when you get there. No rose tinted specs mind, just the horrible truth....!!!
Altitude or Latitude?
Old Oct 7th 2003, 12:53 pm
Gone Senile Member

Sandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond repute

Winter not over in AUS yet and you can always see the snow each year Pollyana.

http://www.perisherblue.com.au/winter/index.shtml

runs are open at the moment, it is a usual treat for lots of the kids here off at the moment from school.

I am also getting excited clocks go back here in NSW end of October and it will be light till 7.00 at night.

Cheers

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.