Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Get A New Life - Queensland

Get A New Life - Queensland

Old May 23rd 2004, 8:57 am
Forum Regular

carryon has a spectacular aura aboutcarryon has a spectacular aura aboutcarryon has a spectacular aura about

Thanks Debs, wonderful posts, just what we want, and no you are not boring us, glad you took the time to respond.
Good luck to you all in the future, will be watching the update progs with interest next week. and yes you did come across as a lovely family.{ but you a size 10? a 12 maybe!} just jesting!!!
good on ya!!!!!!!!!
Old May 23rd 2004, 9:58 am
Australian Flyer

Pedro Downunder is an unknown quantity at this point

Hello,

Debs, many thanks for your time it was great to have your view, i will also be going to Qld, brisbane, since its a part of Australia that i have a little knowledge, i lived there for a very short while ( Brookfield ) and loved it heaps, will keep in touch if you dont mind, and you never know, we might even have a coffee.

All the best

PS- oops i dont know what happened just there, i sohuld have replied with my new nick Boomerang and not this one ( my old one) Apologies.

Kind Regards,
Pedro - Boomerang
Old May 23rd 2004, 12:53 pm
Bix
da Bonehead

Bix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by Pedro Downunder
Hello,

Debs, many thanks for your time it was great to have your view, i will also be going to Qld, brisbane, since its a part of Australia that i have a little knowledge, i lived there for a very short while ( Brookfield ) and loved it heaps, will keep in touch if you dont mind, and you never know, we might even have a coffee.

All the best

PS- oops i dont know what happened just there, i sohuld have replied with my new nick Boomerang and not this one ( my old one) Apologies.

Kind Regards,
Pedro - Boomerang
Don't worry Pedro, hopefully it will come back to you before your next post
Old May 23rd 2004, 11:48 pm
Forum Regular

Location: lived in halesworth in suffolk, now on the sunny coast qld
debreeve is a name known to alldebreeve is a name known to alldebreeve is a name known to alldebreeve is a name known to alldebreeve is a name known to alldebreeve is a name known to alldebreeve is a name known to alldebreeve is a name known to alldebreeve is a name known to alldebreeve is a name known to alldebreeve is a name known to all

Originally posted by carryon
Thanks Debs, wonderful posts, just what we want, and no you are not boring us, glad you took the time to respond.
Good luck to you all in the future, will be watching the update progs with interest next week. and yes you did come across as a lovely family.{ but you a size 10? a 12 maybe!} just jesting!!!
good on ya!!!!!!!!!
hi ya me again, glad you enjoy the post,its also helping me i find im always talking about it to kev, iv'e just read in the radio times [on line] about the up dates , made me laugh. they r going to show those old houses , [now that was set up ] i wasnt to keen to do it . but there you go i couldt be to much of a diva & make demands !! ha ha , i hope they show some more of the surounding area as its so lovely & are really hoping some of our friends will do the same &come join us oh heck how i wish i was a size 12 even !! must get more exserise ,had a walk along the beach the other morn at 7'15 was beautiful so really must get into it . anyway you take care & speak to ya later . x debs x
Old May 24th 2004, 12:00 am
Forum Regular

debreeve is a name known to alldebreeve is a name known to alldebreeve is a name known to alldebreeve is a name known to alldebreeve is a name known to alldebreeve is a name known to alldebreeve is a name known to alldebreeve is a name known to alldebreeve is a name known to alldebreeve is a name known to alldebreeve is a name known to all

Originally posted by Pedro Downunder
Hello,

All the best

Kind Regards,
Pedro - Boomerang
hi ya , lovely to hear from u again, when r u coming to qld ? make sure u keep in touch & we can have a drink when u get here & can meet the boys , nick will b 21 on june 14th think he's going to a gig that weekend . louis only being 17[ going on 25 !!] has a bit more trouble going to clubs , but lets just say he has got some good mates which are doormen !! say no more, but poor little laura will have no chance of getting in as she is only 17, & very tiny, so i think they will b having a few cosey nights in . bye for now . x debs x
Old May 24th 2004, 12:06 am
Forum Regular

hi debs again,
was wondering if you or if anyone eles who saw the prog [as remember we havnt] could tell me what it meant by the presenters only took 3 mins to sort out . !!! what did they sort i read this
on an earlier page ,
many thanks .
Old May 24th 2004, 2:28 am

saraliz is a glorious beacon of lightsaraliz is a glorious beacon of lightsaraliz is a glorious beacon of lightsaraliz is a glorious beacon of lightsaraliz is a glorious beacon of lightsaraliz is a glorious beacon of lightsaraliz is a glorious beacon of lightsaraliz is a glorious beacon of lightsaraliz is a glorious beacon of lightsaraliz is a glorious beacon of lightsaraliz is a glorious beacon of light

Originally posted by debreeve

hi debs again,
was wondering if you or if anyone eles who saw the prog [as remember we havnt] could tell me what it meant by the presenters only took 3 mins to sort out . !!! what did they sort i read this
on an earlier page ,
many thanks .
Hi debs,

From memory (someone will correct me if I'm a bit hazy about the details, I'm sure)... what happened was the presenters talked about how you had been waiting about 2 years for your visa - they said that they would speak to your agent to see if things could be sped up. They then showed a clip of them talking to your agent - and *presto* you received your visas! It made it seem as if the presenters had pulled some strings, but they did mention that you were in the last stages of your visa processing so I assume that you wouldn've gotten the visa at the same time, regardless.
Old May 24th 2004, 8:06 am
Forum Regular

Originally posted by saraliz
Hi debs,

From memory (someone will correct me if I'm a bit hazy about the details, I'm sure)... what happened was the presenters talked about how you had been waiting about 2 years for your visa - they said that they would speak to your agent to see if things could be sped up. They then showed a clip of them talking to your agent - and *presto* you received your visas! It made it seem as if the presenters had pulled some strings, but they did mention that you were in the last stages of your visa processing so I assume that you wouldn've gotten the visa at the same time, regardless.
hi many thanks for your reply, i think i get the picture,
oh my god those presenters ,have to make out they did somthing to help, we had already been granted our visa , but there was a bit of a hold up on somthing & i now remember them saying they were going to film at the migration bureau,we were not involved in that so you never know what they were trying to make out !!,
like iv'e said b4 mel was a help b4 we left ,very reasuring , all scott was worried about was if he would have to top up his spray on tan b4 leaving for oz [sorry scott if you ever read this ]
i really dont know why they use him , do know that mel got him the job.
bye 4 now debs xx
Old May 24th 2004, 8:24 am
Keeping Busy

arnie2oz has a reputation beyond reputearnie2oz has a reputation beyond reputearnie2oz has a reputation beyond reputearnie2oz has a reputation beyond reputearnie2oz has a reputation beyond reputearnie2oz has a reputation beyond reputearnie2oz has a reputation beyond reputearnie2oz has a reputation beyond reputearnie2oz has a reputation beyond reputearnie2oz has a reputation beyond reputearnie2oz has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by debreeve
do know that mel got him the job.

New TV Series????

!!!! Casting couch in the Sun!!!!!

Old May 24th 2004, 8:43 am
Forum Regular

Originally posted by arnie2oz
New TV Series????

!!!! Casting couch in the Sun!!!!!

hey that sounds like fun , do tell us more
see ya debs xx
Old May 24th 2004, 8:49 am
Keeping Busy

arnie2oz has a reputation beyond reputearnie2oz has a reputation beyond reputearnie2oz has a reputation beyond reputearnie2oz has a reputation beyond reputearnie2oz has a reputation beyond reputearnie2oz has a reputation beyond reputearnie2oz has a reputation beyond reputearnie2oz has a reputation beyond reputearnie2oz has a reputation beyond reputearnie2oz has a reputation beyond reputearnie2oz has a reputation beyond repute

Sorry Debs - nothing to add!

Just my idea of trying to be amusing!

(Nikki would say 'Don't bother!'

Old May 24th 2004, 10:36 am
Forum Regular

Originally posted by arnie2oz
Sorry Debs - nothing to add!

Just my idea of trying to be amusing!

(Nikki would say 'Don't bother!'

you silly bugger deb x
Old May 25th 2004, 9:37 pm
Forum Regular

dazandreb has a spectacular aura aboutdazandreb has a spectacular aura aboutdazandreb has a spectacular aura about

Hi Debs, Just thought i would add my little bit about you and family and the program,we have not bothered before because most people have said what we would have said. but if they havent said it, well done, the coverage of you and your family is great.
if i can say you have been lucky to get so much coverage with this program,more than the normal series.you all come across as a lovely family and we wish you all the best in the future. its a shame you haven't seen it yet. and it goes to show ,even a docusoap like that can be staged.hope they havent twisted it too much for you.
any how, all the best to the gang.
Old May 25th 2004, 10:10 pm
Forum Regular

Terry is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi Deb,

How is the work situation at the moment, are you opening a family air conditioning firm in mooloolaba soon? I will come and install for you, as long as lewis checks for pythons in the loft!

Terry
Old May 25th 2004, 10:25 pm

nikkers will become famous soon enoughnikkers will become famous soon enough

Originally posted by Terry
Hi Deb,

How is the work situation at the moment, are you opening a family air conditioning firm in mooloolaba soon? I will come and install for you, as long as lewis checks for pythons in the loft!

Terry

Nikki x

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.