Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Get a New Life!!!

Get a New Life!!!

Old Sep 24th 2003, 11:12 am
Adelaide here we come

kittenlips is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Get a New Life!!!

For anyone who missed this series the first time round.

Tonight, BB2 6pm is about a family emigrating to Brisbane!!

Watch and weep!

Theresa
Old Sep 24th 2003, 11:19 am
WBB

Default Re: Get a New Life!!!

Originally posted by kittenlips

Watch and weep!

Theresa
watch out for the mullet

Old Sep 24th 2003, 11:27 am
I'm lovin' it

chippy is a name known to allchippy is a name known to allchippy is a name known to allchippy is a name known to allchippy is a name known to allchippy is a name known to allchippy is a name known to allchippy is a name known to allchippy is a name known to allchippy is a name known to allchippy is a name known to all

Originally posted by welshboybilly
watch out for the mullet
Good job they don't do a 'mullet' test Taffy. That guy would be a basket case.
:scared: :scared: :scared:
Old Sep 24th 2003, 11:53 am
WBB

i was wondering if anyone knows if they stayed on in brissy or came home, at the end of the show they were kinda in two minds?

Old Sep 24th 2003, 12:56 pm
Adelaide here we come

kittenlips is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally posted by welshboybilly
i was wondering if anyone knows if they stayed on in brissy or came home, at the end of the show they were kinda in two minds?

I believed they stayed on. I think she was feeling a little home sick though, so you never know as time goes on. It would be good if they did yearly updates of these people wouldn't it?

Theresa
Old Sep 24th 2003, 1:10 pm
BE Forum Addict

cadman is a glorious beacon of lightcadman is a glorious beacon of lightcadman is a glorious beacon of lightcadman is a glorious beacon of lightcadman is a glorious beacon of lightcadman is a glorious beacon of lightcadman is a glorious beacon of lightcadman is a glorious beacon of lightcadman is a glorious beacon of lightcadman is a glorious beacon of lightcadman is a glorious beacon of light

I believed they stayed on. I think she was feeling a little home sick though, so you never know as time goes on. It would be good if they did yearly updates of these people wouldn't it?

Theresa

If last nights show is anything to go by there will be a brief update at the end of the show tonight.#

Last nights couple went to Tuscany (I didn't see that one 1st time round), she was a chiropodist but needed to take another exam there, but it was in Italian and neither of them spoke the language (amazing the number of people on these shows who go to a foreign speaking country but don't bother to take lessons in the local lingo b4 they go isn't it?!?!?)

Anyway, they stayed but the update said they returned home to get their stuff etc. and the guy had a stroke :scared:

poor bleeder didn't look much above 45 as well. Just goes to show the stress migrating can cause.
Old Sep 24th 2003, 1:40 pm
BE Enthusiast

lynnj has a brilliant futurelynnj has a brilliant futurelynnj has a brilliant futurelynnj has a brilliant futurelynnj has a brilliant futurelynnj has a brilliant future

well you young chaps had better get youselves super fit, and us ladies had better get you well insured

I vaguely remember the family that went to New Zealand, the guy used to post on here but i havent seen anything for a while but i do remember him saying that the bbc were going out there to film a follow up later this year, or that may have been a dream :scared: Minds beginning to go now.

Lynn
Old Sep 24th 2003, 2:18 pm
BE Forum Addict

arlene is an unknown quantity at this point

Anyway, they stayed but the update said they returned home to get their stuff etc. and the guy had a stroke :scared:

poor bleeder didn't look much above 45 as well. Just goes to show the stress migrating can cause. [/QUOTE]

i dont think the constant cigarette hanging out of his mouth did him any help either

arlene
Old Sep 24th 2003, 3:14 pm
Forum Regular

friertuck is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re:- Get a new life

Hi

I was in NZ a few weeks ago and visited the couple in question. They said that the BBC had left the previouse week and would be showing the program sometime after christmas. It seems they have followed up on quite a few. It's possibly going to be called Got a New Life. They are doing fine now.
Old Sep 24th 2003, 3:25 pm
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Thats good to hear - haven't seen on them on the forum for a while so I wondered how they were getting on.
Won't get to see the update after Xmas as I'll be gone by then!!!
Old Sep 24th 2003, 4:34 pm
BE Forum Addict

tinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud of

The Brissie one was a bit of a joke if I remember rightly. Didn't the presenters fail to say that you had to wait months to get a visa, they made it sound like you just rang up and got one!!

The couple were genuine though. She used to post on here as well I think - I wonder what happened to her?
Old Sep 24th 2003, 4:38 pm
WBB

Originally posted by tinaj
The Brissie one was a bit of a joke if I remember rightly. Didn't the presenters fail to say that you had to wait months to get a visa, they made it sound like you just rang up and got one!!

The couple were genuine though. She used to post on here as well I think - I wonder what happened to her?
it is on bbc2 in 10 minutes

Old Sep 24th 2003, 4:42 pm
Monaco here we!!! oh no

ADELAIDE BOUND is an unknown quantity at this point

Watch and weep!

Theresa
Lucky us
We missed it first time. Better go and watch it then.

Cheers.
Old Sep 24th 2003, 6:45 pm
Badge

They mentioned that he had a Working Holiday visa I could have sworn!!!

Old Sep 24th 2003, 6:46 pm
BE Forum Addict

Larissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by badgersmount
They mentioned that he had a Working Holiday visa I could have sworn!!!
Didn't like that Brissy housing estate.... dead or what?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.