Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Get A Mortgage Before you go !

Get A Mortgage Before you go !

Old Jan 15th 2004, 3:04 am
ABCDiamond

Default Get A Mortgage Before you go !

I just found out through the What Mortgage To get Thread that it MAY be possible to arrange a mortgage on an OZ property before you leave.

This link to Commonwealth Bank Australia UK branch may help.

Old Jan 15th 2004, 3:59 pm
Just Joined

Montana is an unknown quantity at this point

Indeed, I contacted a mortgage broker by e-mail, dealt with the paperwork by fax and I now have a mortgage pre-approved in Oz before setting foot outside the UK.
Old Jan 15th 2004, 4:51 pm
BE Forum Addict

sj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud of

Originally posted by Montana
Indeed, I contacted a mortgage broker by e-mail, dealt with the paperwork by fax and I now have a mortgage pre-approved in Oz before setting foot outside the UK.

Do you mind me asking who you contacted?

cheers
Old Jan 16th 2004, 3:33 pm
Just Joined

No problem - check out their website:

http://www.providence.net.au

I am dealing with a guy called Todd O'Neil
Old Jan 16th 2004, 7:10 pm

maxpaxx is an unknown quantity at this point

Do you have a job lined up?

I'm guessing you have to be in employment??

Thanks

Max
Old Jan 17th 2004, 7:58 pm
?????????

paulf is a glorious beacon of lightpaulf is a glorious beacon of lightpaulf is a glorious beacon of lightpaulf is a glorious beacon of lightpaulf is a glorious beacon of lightpaulf is a glorious beacon of lightpaulf is a glorious beacon of lightpaulf is a glorious beacon of lightpaulf is a glorious beacon of lightpaulf is a glorious beacon of lightpaulf is a glorious beacon of light

bumpy.
Old Jan 18th 2004, 9:25 am
Forum Regular

ace ventura is an unknown quantity at this point

No problem - check out their website:

http://www.providence.net.au

I am dealing with a guy called Todd O'Neil

Hi there i've tried emailing but it comes straight back have you got another email addy?. Ta
Old Jan 18th 2004, 3:03 pm
Just Joined

Originally posted by maxpaxx
Do you have a job lined up?

I'm guessing you have to be in employment??

Thanks

Max
No job although I am putting down a large deposit in the region of 60%. I suppose I am not much of a risk with that level of deposit.

I just hope it doesn't take too long to find a job - otherwise I will really be in the s**t.
Old Jan 18th 2004, 3:06 pm
Just Joined

Originally posted by ace ventura
Hi there i've tried emailing but it comes straight back have you got another email addy?. Ta
I use <[email protected]> to e-mail.
Old Jan 18th 2004, 3:24 pm
Forum Regular

ace ventura is an unknown quantity at this point

I use <[email protected]> to e-mail.

Thanks Mate
Old Jan 18th 2004, 6:35 pm

No job although I am putting down a large deposit in the region of 60%. I suppose I am not much of a risk with that level of deposit.

I just hope it doesn't take too long to find a job - otherwise I will really be in the s**t.

Thanks for this it's really useful - do you have to take it up straight away? Are you going to build or buy exisiting?

Cheers

max
Old Jan 19th 2004, 9:41 am
Just Joined

Originally posted by maxpaxx
Thanks for this it's really useful - do you have to take it up straight away? Are you going to build or buy exisiting?

Cheers

max
Not too sure how long I have to take it up - I'll have to check but I would guess it will be ok for a few months. More importantly, now that I know I qualify for a mortgage, I can always re-apply if necessary.

With regards building or buying - I have no idea yet. I would like to build but then we don't want to live in rented accom. for too long so we'll just take it as it comes.
With property prices climbing as they are, we want to get on the ladder pretty quick which is why we wanted to be ready and armed with a mortgage approval for whatever we decide.

Cheers!
Old Jan 19th 2004, 2:49 pm

Not too sure how long I have to take it up - I'll have to check but I would guess it will be ok for a few months. More importantly, now that I know I qualify for a mortgage, I can always re-apply if necessary.

With regards building or buying - I have no idea yet. I would like to build but then we don't want to live in rented accom. for too long so we'll just take it as it comes.
With property prices climbing as they are, we want to get on the ladder pretty quick which is why we wanted to be ready and armed with a mortgage approval for whatever we decide.

Cheers!

Yes I totally agree with you!

We are going to buy some land outright as soon as we find it, but we will need a mortgage to build.

Good Luck with it all and keep us posted!
Old Jan 19th 2004, 4:20 pm
?????????

paulf is a glorious beacon of lightpaulf is a glorious beacon of lightpaulf is a glorious beacon of lightpaulf is a glorious beacon of lightpaulf is a glorious beacon of lightpaulf is a glorious beacon of lightpaulf is a glorious beacon of lightpaulf is a glorious beacon of lightpaulf is a glorious beacon of lightpaulf is a glorious beacon of lightpaulf is a glorious beacon of light

Thanks for the link, emailed them yesterday and Todd emailed me back today asking for more details, very promising.