Get A Grip!!!

Old Sep 7th 2003, 4:32 pm
BE Forum Addict

steandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond repute
Default Get A Grip!!!

Hey there,

I don't want to sound mean but... you know these people who write posts like " oh my god, where am I going to get some t-bags, monster munch, cadburys chocolate from" - WHAT ARE THEY ON ABOUT???
You know what? Maybe these posts are written in a light hearted manner - good. If not, do you really think that after making one of the most life altering decisions like migrating - can't you just say "SOD IT" to the T-bags???

Get a grip and get a life!

Leigh.

(p.s - am NOT referring to people who want to know about baby goods - thats an intirely diffrent thing altogether!)
Old Sep 7th 2003, 5:31 pm
Badge

Default Re: Get A Grip!!!

know what you mean. :-) The expats that expect Aussie to be a different version of the UK..

For me it is enough to be in Aussie - what makes Aussie Aussie .....is Aussie...I concentrate on what I like about Aussie not what I don't like..

you adapt, you overcome...

however there are plenty of things that Aussie has that UK DOESN'T - and that hurts..

which is why I am moving there - warts and all..

badgers

Last edited by badgersmount; Sep 7th 2003 at 5:37 pm.

Old Sep 7th 2003, 6:05 pm
BE Forum Addict

tinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud of

Originally posted by steandleigh
Hey there,

I don't want to sound mean but... you know these people who write posts like " oh my god, where am I going to get some t-bags, monster munch, cadburys chocolate from" - WHAT ARE THEY ON ABOUT???
You know what? Maybe these posts are written in a light hearted manner - good. If not, do you really think that after making one of the most life altering decisions like migrating - can't you just say "SOD IT" to the T-bags???

Leigh.

(p.s - am NOT referring to people who want to know about baby goods - thats an intirely diffrent thing altogether!)

I hope you are not referring to my most valuable post on PG Tips

Surely it shouldn't all be heavy 'where are you going to live' stuff all of the time?! Anyway when you have been posting on this site for as long as me you run out of things to ask!!

And yes I can say sod it to the t-bags, that is why I was asking about an alternative and not asking where to BUY PG Tips in Australia!!!!
Old Sep 7th 2003, 6:16 pm
BE Forum Addict

karawara88 is an unknown quantity at this point

A post on tea bags is a bit more entertaining than
posted by steandleigh :
I'd love to hear what is the quickest processing time for a skilled independant visa?
I lost my grip on life years ago.

Last edited by karawara88; Sep 7th 2003 at 6:43 pm.
Old Sep 7th 2003, 6:32 pm
sky
Banned

sky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond repute

I like to see the light hearted posts it makes me laugh and cheers me up when at times I am very stressed out by the migration process
Sky
Old Sep 7th 2003, 6:38 pm
Badge

yeah Tina - its a different thing to ask for a recommendation on something, eh?

badgers

Old Sep 7th 2003, 6:53 pm
Inverted Firkin Inventor

Watt Dabney is a splendid one to beholdWatt Dabney is a splendid one to beholdWatt Dabney is a splendid one to beholdWatt Dabney is a splendid one to beholdWatt Dabney is a splendid one to beholdWatt Dabney is a splendid one to beholdWatt Dabney is a splendid one to beholdWatt Dabney is a splendid one to beholdWatt Dabney is a splendid one to beholdWatt Dabney is a splendid one to beholdWatt Dabney is a splendid one to behold

Originally posted by steandleigh
Hey there,

Leigh.

Its the little things you miss. We have 5 visitors over at Xmas and I am currently deciding what they are going to bring with them as 'payment'.
The last lot brought Walkers crisps and Cheerios. Hot faves at the mo are Paxo, Bisto gravy granules, Golden Nuggets and REAL weetabix.

It may seem silly but I will put money on it that you will request visitors to bring goodies, just wait and see.

Paula
Old Sep 7th 2003, 7:27 pm
BE Forum Addict

steandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond repute
Default Teabags etc...

Hi Tina and co!

I'm not having a pop at your teabags in particular(!), so much as saying that when you live somewhere, as Badger said, you take it warts and all. I find Karawara's comment about preferring to read about teabags rather than processing times a bit sad really. I suppose it's easy to forget how important things like how long its going to take are, when you're safe and sound on the other side. Some of us aren't quite so lucky - yet (!)

Good luck to you - and your teabags.

Leigh.
Old Sep 7th 2003, 7:37 pm
BE Forum Addict

debsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to all

Dont Knock them!! I am sure as Watt says when you get there you will start to crave things.

I am based overseas (not in OZ yet) and sometimes I get the strangest cravings - sometimes it is really awful. Luckily I have a regular flow of visitors to keep me stocked up. Anyway, to bore you even more ...........dreaming of:..
Jam doughnuts, Scottish cheddar - you know the type that stings your tongue when you eat it!! Cadburys Fruit & Nut and Milk Tray, Mr Kiplimgs Viennese whirls, Flakes, M&S Prawn & Mayonaisse sarnies, branston pickle...oh sorry better shutup now I was getting carried away!!

Debs
Old Sep 7th 2003, 7:41 pm
BE Forum Addict

Point taken Debsy, maybe I'm just not a " foodie"!!!

Best wishes, Leigh.
Old Sep 7th 2003, 7:59 pm
BE Forum Addict

debsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to all

aha! But it wont be just food ....M&S knickers etc, etc!! anyway I better stop now cos I could go on forever!!

Debs
Old Sep 7th 2003, 10:39 pm
BE Enthusiast

suebo is on a distinguished road

This is a Q & A board. Personally I think that if people are posting saying they are missing something from back home good on em. There are plenty of people on here in various locations that may be able to tell them where to get it in their area. It took me 2 years to find a Scottish shop and I was so happy to find it.....It was refered to me by a friend and I have told many people on boards and they go there now too, to get a taste of home.
Old Sep 7th 2003, 11:04 pm

bondipom is an unknown quantity at this point

At first you don't give a monkeys about these things and I see your point. As time goes by and the novelty of the place goes your mind does start to wander. There isn't much that I miss about England but with the colder weather I have found I want a good pint of strong bitter served in a pub with atmosphere.

My wife who is an Aussie misses much more of England than me.
Old Sep 7th 2003, 11:58 pm
BE Forum Addict

Rossi has much to be proud ofRossi has much to be proud ofRossi has much to be proud ofRossi has much to be proud ofRossi has much to be proud ofRossi has much to be proud ofRossi has much to be proud ofRossi has much to be proud ofRossi has much to be proud ofRossi has much to be proud ofRossi has much to be proud of
Default Re: Teabags etc...

[QUOTE]Originally posted by steandleigh
Hi Tina and co!

I find Karawara's comment about preferring to read about teabags rather than processing times a bit sad really. I suppose it's easy to forget how important things like how long its going to take are, when you're safe and sound on the other side. Some of us aren't quite so lucky - yet (!)

That's why there is an immigration forum !!!!!

Lighten up or this process will drive you mad
Old Sep 8th 2003, 12:25 am
Karma Comedian

jayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond repute

Some things I wouldn't mind having brought over:

A packet or two of Walker's Cheese and Onon Crisps (mind, the crisps here are very good)
A packet of Paxo stuffing
A pack of Sainsbury's garlic and coriander naan-bread.
Wrigley's extra blue pack in lozenge, not stick, form

I have left out stuff that wouldn't be possible (like Sainsbury's Chiken Tikka Massala off the deli counter or anything by M&S)

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.