Reload this Page >

Germaine Greer on I'm a Celebrity

Germaine Greer on I'm a Celebrity

Old Feb 3rd 2004, 4:30 am

bondipom is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Germaine Greer on I'm a Celebrity

http://www.guardian.co.uk/australia/...137711,00.html

It's the spiders I feel sorry for

They are a twittering bunch of has-beens, terrifying perfectly harmless creatures. But that's not the worst thing about I'm a Celebrity, says Germaine Greer. The outrage is that they are doing it in her beloved rainforest

Tuesday February 3, 2004
The Guardian

At the last count 11 million British couch potatoes were peering through the satellite spyhole at other British couch potatoes sitting around in what is supposed to be steamy Australian rainforest. Watchers of I'm a Celebrity Get Me Out of Here are meant to congratulate themselves on not being there. I certainly do, but not because of the dreaded jungle and its creepy-crawlies. My nightmare would be having to endure the twittering of a bunch of has-beens and wannabes, interested only in themselves and how they come across. I really don't need to know that Jordan is not noisy in bed or that she occasionally likes to be treated rough. Having to listen to such wittering all day every day would be like being chained to the bar in the Groucho club without a drink.
I should confess at this point, that I did get a letter on November 27 asking if I would be interested in being in the series in return for a first-class return fare and £25,000. So in somebody's estimation I must be very far down the B-list, and so passionately interested in publicity that I would be prepared to put myself through the whole contrived ordeal for just a quarter of what Jordan was asking. I was tempted. What I am passionately interested in is the Australian rainforest. Raising the cash to pay for my twice-yearly trips to my 125 acres of it is always a struggle. When I learned that as soon as I got kicked off the series I'd have to come straight back to England, my sole reason for declaring an interest was gone. So I said that I was sensible of the compliment they were paying me but no, thank you.
Old Feb 3rd 2004, 6:02 am
Banned

Megalania has a brilliant futureMegalania has a brilliant futureMegalania has a brilliant futureMegalania has a brilliant futureMegalania has a brilliant futureMegalania has a brilliant futureMegalania has a brilliant futureMegalania has a brilliant future
Default Re: Germaine Greer on I'm a Celebrity

Originally posted by bondipom
http://www.guardian.co.uk/australia/...137711,00.html

It's the spiders I feel sorry for

They are a twittering bunch of has-beens, terrifying perfectly harmless creatures. But that's not the worst thing about I'm a Celebrity, says Germaine Greer. The outrage is that they are doing it in her beloved rainforest

Tuesday February 3, 2004
The Guardian

At the last count 11 million British couch potatoes were peering through the satellite spyhole at other British couch potatoes sitting around in what is supposed to be steamy Australian rainforest. Watchers of I'm a Celebrity Get Me Out of Here are meant to congratulate themselves on not being there. I certainly do, but not because of the dreaded jungle and its creepy-crawlies. My nightmare would be having to endure the twittering of a bunch of has-beens and wannabes, interested only in themselves and how they come across. I really don't need to know that Jordan is not noisy in bed or that she occasionally likes to be treated rough. Having to listen to such wittering all day every day would be like being chained to the bar in the Groucho club without a drink.
I should confess at this point, that I did get a letter on November 27 asking if I would be interested in being in the series in return for a first-class return fare and £25,000. So in somebody's estimation I must be very far down the B-list, and so passionately interested in publicity that I would be prepared to put myself through the whole contrived ordeal for just a quarter of what Jordan was asking. I was tempted. What I am passionately interested in is the Australian rainforest. Raising the cash to pay for my twice-yearly trips to my 125 acres of it is always a struggle. When I learned that as soon as I got kicked off the series I'd have to come straight back to England, my sole reason for declaring an interest was gone. So I said that I was sensible of the compliment they were paying me but no, thank you.
"To see a bunch of poms squatting in this treasurehouse able to think of nothing but the lack of scones and jam is bloody maddening. How dare TV weathergirls and bit-part players be "crazy with boredom" anywhere near my rainforest! I wonder what they would think if they knew how hard I have to work to win the right to spend uninterrupted whole weeks in my scrap of forest."

Youse bloody Pommy Bastards come back and play silly buggers wiv our wildlife again and we'll keep Germaine captive in a McMansion for a whole week till shees proper foamin' at the mouth then let her rip into yer'se.
Old Feb 3rd 2004, 6:13 am

bondipom is an unknown quantity at this point

Feed her KFC, Maccas and Pizza Hut for more fun.
Old Feb 3rd 2004, 6:22 am
Banned

Megalania has a brilliant futureMegalania has a brilliant futureMegalania has a brilliant futureMegalania has a brilliant futureMegalania has a brilliant futureMegalania has a brilliant futureMegalania has a brilliant futureMegalania has a brilliant future

Originally posted by bondipom
Feed her KFC, Maccas and Pizza Hut for more fun.
Yeah, bound to get her madder than a tree full of cut snakes; don't want her too ravenous; eating Poms still not taken back orf the statutes.

Last edited by Megalania; Feb 3rd 2004 at 8:26 am.