Reload this Page >

Geraldton HELP......

Geraldton HELP......

Old Jul 19th 2009, 3:07 pm
Forum Regular

tinaandscott is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Geraldton HELP......

Hi Guys

can anyone hepl us with our research of western australia ??

My OH is an electrician and he is hoping to go into a more industrial field.
We are looking for mining industries in WA.

Could you please let us know the best areas to live, we have been looking in Geraldton. Are we right in thinking it is not too far from mines???

Any info on Geraldton or other area suggestions greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Tina and Scott
Old Jul 19th 2009, 11:10 pm
Gutter Gob!!

northernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Geraldton HELP......

Originally Posted by tinaandscott
Hi Guys

can anyone hepl us with our research of western australia ??

My OH is an electrician and he is hoping to go into a more industrial field.
We are looking for mining industries in WA.

Could you please let us know the best areas to live, we have been looking in Geraldton. Are we right in thinking it is not too far from mines???

Any info on Geraldton or other area suggestions greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Tina and Scott
Geraldton is approx 450km north of Perth. It is a long way from the majority of mines. Most of the mining workers do so on a fly in fly out basis. They might work 2 weeks on 1 week off or other rota. It is also a very hard business to get into, it is all about who you know. Mining has also been hit quite hard by the financial crisis with mines closing and laying off workers. Not the best time to be thinking about looking into this industry. Sorry.
Old Jul 20th 2009, 1:38 am
Forum Regular

buchanan has a brilliant futurebuchanan has a brilliant futurebuchanan has a brilliant futurebuchanan has a brilliant futurebuchanan has a brilliant futurebuchanan has a brilliant futurebuchanan has a brilliant future

You need to look at SEEK.com, they always seem to be advertising for people to work in the area of mining. Just look at Geraldton area and they should come up.
Old Jul 20th 2009, 2:01 am
BE Forum Addict

Gems has a reputation beyond reputeGems has a reputation beyond reputeGems has a reputation beyond reputeGems has a reputation beyond reputeGems has a reputation beyond reputeGems has a reputation beyond reputeGems has a reputation beyond reputeGems has a reputation beyond reputeGems has a reputation beyond reputeGems has a reputation beyond reputeGems has a reputation beyond repute

Hi,
I live in Geraldton.
We have a lot of mine workers here who fly in and fly out. Wife and kids stays in town as its better than living further North.

Also getting new port and lots of work going on in town. We seam to be bucking the trend and Geraldton is booming. You may still get jobs in building industry as seen adverts regular for countrybuilders wa in our paper.

If you want mine jobs look at website mine4jobs.com.au. I think thats the right one. Also Geraldton has a couple of recruitment agencies in town so google them.

Gems
Old Jul 20th 2009, 9:13 am
Forum Regular

tinaandscott is an unknown quantity at this point
Smile Re: Geraldton HELP......

Originally Posted by Gems
Hi,
I live in Geraldton.
We have a lot of mine workers here who fly in and fly out. Wife and kids stays in town as its better than living further North.

Also getting new port and lots of work going on in town. We seam to be bucking the trend and Geraldton is booming. You may still get jobs in building industry as seen adverts regular for countrybuilders wa in our paper.

If you want mine jobs look at website mine4jobs.com.au. I think thats the right one. Also Geraldton has a couple of recruitment agencies in town so google them.

Gems
Thanks Gems,

Sounds like a good place to be, any places you would say are beter or worse than others. not looking to be too rural, and what are the hospital/medical facilities like, as i will be looking to work in the healthcare industry.

Cheers
Tina