British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Australia (https://britishexpats.com/forum/australia-54/)
-   -   Geradlton WA.....any thoughts? (https://britishexpats.com/forum/australia-54/geradlton-wa-any-thoughts-763910/)

Gav_71 Jul 4th 2012 5:03 pm

Geradlton WA.....any thoughts?

Hi Everyone,

Am still considering options regarding a return to Oz. I previously mentioned Townsville and Mt Isa but they didn't come together as planned. Anyway, I am talking to someone later this week regarding a possible opportunity in Geraldton WA. I know its around 4-5hrs north of Perth so I can live with that kind of remoteness no problem but I was wondering if anyone had first hand experience of the town and could give some advice on what it's like.

Cheers,

Gav

Pollyana Jul 4th 2012 9:17 pm

Re: Geradlton WA.....any thoughts?

Originally Posted by Gav_71 (Post 10154689)
Hi Everyone,

Am still considering options regarding a return to Oz. I previously mentioned Townsville and Mt Isa but they didn't come together as planned. Anyway, I am talking to someone later this week regarding a possible opportunity in Geraldton WA. I know its around 4-5hrs north of Perth so I can live with that kind of remoteness no problem but I was wondering if anyone had first hand experience of the town and could give some advice on what it's like.

Cheers,

Gav

Have a look for posts by Jaydeee and Gems, both of them have experience up that way :)

Gems Jul 5th 2012 7:18 am

Hi, my family and I have lived in Geraldton for about 4half years.
We like it, plenty of expats in town. eg UK teachers, doctors from all over Europe and South Africa.

If your planning on working for the mines. Plenty of mining families in town.

Drop me a pm with any questions.
Gems

Gav_71 Jul 5th 2012 8:49 am

Thanks guys!

Gav

keel Jul 5th 2012 2:51 pm

I'm heading up that way next week on my way to Kalbari. From what I remember it's not a bad spot.

keel

MicheleandBarry Sep 20th 2012 12:05 pm

Hi all,
Sorry to hijack, We are looking to move up that way, Just wondering what the jobs situation is like, we are torn between doing a reccie and trying to land jobs. or just save, bite the bullet and re-locate from Victoria,when our lease is up feb, any help be appreciated!

h2oskineil Sep 20th 2012 12:26 pm

Originally Posted by keel (Post 10156399)
I'm heading up that way next week on my way to Kalbari. From what I remember it's not a bad spot.

keel

Love Kalbari :)

geordiebloke Sep 21st 2012 5:40 am

Originally Posted by Gav_71 (Post 10154689)
Hi Everyone,

Cheers,

Gav

Passed through Gero a couple of years ago. Was warned that it was a shithole, it wasn't.
I know a few people who have or do live in Geraldton area. All seem to love the lifestyle up there.