George Best

Old Nov 26th 2005, 12:06 pm

merlotsmum is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: George Best

Originally Posted by tiredwithtwins
good point - have to say, it brought a lump to my throat when his son made the announcement that he had passed away.
having worked on a ward which treats such patients, its always the relatives that suffer the most.....many of the pateints have some sort of early acceptance that they brought this on themselves - i suppose thats why gb had his pic in the paper a couple of days ago with the headline 'dont end up like me'....i didnt agree with the pic being published cos i thoguht it unfair for others who may have liver cancer/disease to see what 'the end' may be like for them......there are somethings you just dont want to know about.
im sure he had his own demons to deal with.
Funny you said that about Callum as my Husband was watching that clip yesterday on Sky and I could see such pain in his eyes.

His own Dad passed away in October this year back in Australia (incidently of cancer) and made me realise that people live there lives the way they want to and at the end of the day Callum has just lost his Dad.
Old Nov 26th 2005, 1:38 pm
Banned

pompeywill is a jewel in the roughpompeywill is a jewel in the roughpompeywill is a jewel in the roughpompeywill is a jewel in the roughpompeywill is a jewel in the rough

Originally Posted by Lerop Pekill
Pele Erection problems!! wtf has that got to do with anything??!!
just trying to lighten the mood
Old Nov 26th 2005, 1:45 pm
BE Enthusiast

psb182 has a reputation beyond reputepsb182 has a reputation beyond reputepsb182 has a reputation beyond reputepsb182 has a reputation beyond reputepsb182 has a reputation beyond reputepsb182 has a reputation beyond reputepsb182 has a reputation beyond reputepsb182 has a reputation beyond reputepsb182 has a reputation beyond reputepsb182 has a reputation beyond reputepsb182 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by baconmaster
Get real. He had 10 times more opportunity and chance most people would dream of, abused it and and paid the price. He lived fast and died young, end of story. Let's not get too sentimental. Or is Elton busy writing a song for George ?

who are we to judge someone for living their life any way they want to...... if someone does not do things the way we want is that wrong?.....I think not
George Best had his life and you got yours....he lived it hard and fast and I recon he enjoyed it in the most part
Old Nov 26th 2005, 1:51 pm

Issie has a reputation beyond reputeIssie has a reputation beyond reputeIssie has a reputation beyond reputeIssie has a reputation beyond reputeIssie has a reputation beyond reputeIssie has a reputation beyond reputeIssie has a reputation beyond reputeIssie has a reputation beyond reputeIssie has a reputation beyond reputeIssie has a reputation beyond reputeIssie has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by merlotsmum
You are all heart, try living with an alcoholic and see how you feel.
My Dad was an alcoholic, not only did he break his wife's heart he broke ours too.

He left when i was 4 years old and never came back to see me except once when i was 11 years old and he was so pissed he forgot my name.

Living with an alcoholic is living with a liar, cheat and a let down !!!
Old Nov 26th 2005, 2:02 pm
Ray

Ray has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Issie
Bravely and honestly said...
Old Nov 26th 2005, 2:04 pm

merlotsmum is an unknown quantity at this point

Yes I know from my own experience. I still love them though and that is just it, can't help who you love even if they hurt you. We should not judge anyone.
Old Nov 26th 2005, 2:44 pm

Issie has a reputation beyond reputeIssie has a reputation beyond reputeIssie has a reputation beyond reputeIssie has a reputation beyond reputeIssie has a reputation beyond reputeIssie has a reputation beyond reputeIssie has a reputation beyond reputeIssie has a reputation beyond reputeIssie has a reputation beyond reputeIssie has a reputation beyond reputeIssie has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by merlotsmum
Yes I know from my own experience. I still love them though and that is just it, can't help who you love even if they hurt you. We should not judge anyone.
My Dad didnt give me the chance to love him.......i judgd him from what i saw, a man who drank all day making him become more violent with each mouthful.
Old Nov 26th 2005, 3:53 pm
Account Closed

Rooksie is an unknown quantity at this point

My Dad didnt give me the chance to love him.......i judgd him from what i saw, a man who drank all day making him become more violent with each mouthful.

oh christ. you too huh? my died died 5 years ago.
Old Nov 26th 2005, 6:36 pm
Prisoner of Her Majesty

samnrob2 has much to be proud ofsamnrob2 has much to be proud ofsamnrob2 has much to be proud ofsamnrob2 has much to be proud ofsamnrob2 has much to be proud ofsamnrob2 has much to be proud ofsamnrob2 has much to be proud ofsamnrob2 has much to be proud ofsamnrob2 has much to be proud ofsamnrob2 has much to be proud ofsamnrob2 has much to be proud of

Went to the Oasis concert at Brisbane Entertainment Centre last night - they dedicated a song to George Best....

yep, you got it...

'Cigerettes and Alcohol'

R
Old Nov 26th 2005, 7:05 pm
BE Enthusiast

steve of 5-0 is a name known to allsteve of 5-0 is a name known to allsteve of 5-0 is a name known to allsteve of 5-0 is a name known to allsteve of 5-0 is a name known to allsteve of 5-0 is a name known to allsteve of 5-0 is a name known to allsteve of 5-0 is a name known to allsteve of 5-0 is a name known to allsteve of 5-0 is a name known to allsteve of 5-0 is a name known to all

Gone.....................and forgotten !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old Nov 28th 2005, 11:16 am
Banned

pompeywill is a jewel in the roughpompeywill is a jewel in the roughpompeywill is a jewel in the roughpompeywill is a jewel in the roughpompeywill is a jewel in the rough

Originally Posted by steve of 5-0
Gone.....................and forgotten !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
never forgotten