geology degree in WA now?

geology degree in WA now?

Old Jan 22nd 2011, 8:29 am
Forum Regular

Perthflyer is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: geology degree in WA now?

Originally Posted by laven
privet:-)

there is a significantly increased number of geology students in Aus already.. Seems like this shortage is being filled fast enough plus very cyclical job demand, future may not be all that rosy but again as many people in this thread piointed out there are lots of related occupations. Hopefully I will be fine.

thanks.
Ne za chto.

Where are you from in Russia. seems like a lot more Russians in Perth now then there ever used to be. A lot of people from Sakhalin here already,,
Old Jan 27th 2011, 8:32 am
BE Forum Addict

verystormy has a reputation beyond reputeverystormy has a reputation beyond reputeverystormy has a reputation beyond reputeverystormy has a reputation beyond reputeverystormy has a reputation beyond reputeverystormy has a reputation beyond reputeverystormy has a reputation beyond reputeverystormy has a reputation beyond reputeverystormy has a reputation beyond reputeverystormy has a reputation beyond reputeverystormy has a reputation beyond repute

I really wish Laven would pull his head in and appreciate the fact he hasnt a clue what he is talking about.

There are less geo's studying in Aus now than 10 years ago. Fact - several Unis have closed depts completly. Its never been a popular subject.

At the same time the roles for geos outside mining and energy are increasing. Most climate change work is being completed by geo's, the increasing need to build on brown field land requires enourmous numbers of geo's, a lot of work done on renewable energy involves geo's and the list keep growing.

The the mining sector has to grow - the world population is growing and everyone of them require resources. Most, and it seems Laven is included just dont appreciate that everything you have is related to a mine somewhere.
Old Jan 31st 2011, 6:33 pm
Just Joined

Greystoke is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by verystormy
There would be no harm in having a go at companies while in the UK and if you succeed you will probably get re location assistance. We moved from the UK with our costs paid for by the company i was comming to work for. So have a look through seek.com and infomine.com a bit closer to the time when you want to come over. It might not work with your experience level, but no harm in trying and i know several new grads who have secured work while in the UK.
Thanks for that mate - will let you know how we get on.
Cheers