Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

General Skilled Migration. Letter From Australia House London

General Skilled Migration. Letter From Australia House London

Old May 3rd 2002, 3:03 pm
Forum Regular

owen27 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default General Skilled Migration. Letter From Australia House London

HI, I thought i would let you know that yesterday 2 May 2002 we received a letter from Australia House, London. Asking us to provide new police checks and our medicals.
It stated that the office has been granted several hundred additional visas within general skilled migration to be granted before 30 June 2002.
Our application has been selected as one of these which they aim to finalise before then.
We applied in May 2001. received letter of confirmation June 2001, heard nothing until yesterday!!! We are applying under ind skilled migration (not IT) so we hope that this gives some of you out there like us some hope.
We are going to be heading to Brisbane. as we lived near there in 99/2000 on temp visa. love to hear from anyone else heading to brisbane.
Old May 3rd 2002, 5:02 pm
Forum Regular

Lisa B is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: General Skilled Migration. Letter From Australia House London

Hi Owen27

That's great news - bet you're really excited. Suppose you'd given up running to the postman in the morning in anticipation - and just when you weren't expecting anything - you get some news!!

I'm hoping perhaps ours might be nearly ready then. We applied gen skilled in Aug 2001. Oh purleeeeease let us be soon!!

Here's hoping...

Lisa B
X