General moan

Old May 8th 2003, 12:51 pm
Finally made it

Paul and Steph is an unknown quantity at this point
Default General moan

Despite being on the market for nearly 5 weeks now we have not had a single viewing. Have chased Estate agents but everything seems to be on hold.

Found out this morning that there are 9 houses for sale in our road! This is unheard of in our area as we have a very sought after junior school 2 minutes walk away.

Just feeling sorry for myself as we have the visa and the house sale is the only thing we are waiting for before booking our one-way tickets.

I keep telling myself that everything happens for a reason - just having a little trouble believing it at the moment.

Good luck to everyone in the same boat.

Steph
Old May 8th 2003, 1:07 pm
BE Forum Addict

booboo1 is an unknown quantity at this point

chin up paul and steph.. everything does happen for a reason.
You wil get there in the end
Keep us informed of how things go!!

Cheers and best wishes booboo
Old May 8th 2003, 2:03 pm
BE Enthusiast

abergas has much to be proud ofabergas has much to be proud ofabergas has much to be proud ofabergas has much to be proud ofabergas has much to be proud ofabergas has much to be proud ofabergas has much to be proud ofabergas has much to be proud ofabergas has much to be proud ofabergas has much to be proud ofabergas has much to be proud of
Default Re: General moan

Originally posted by Paul and Steph
Despite being on the market for nearly 5 weeks now we have not had a single viewing. Have chased Estate agents but everything seems to be on hold.

Found out this morning that there are 9 houses for sale in our road! This is unheard of in our area as we have a very sought after junior school 2 minutes walk away.

Just feeling sorry for myself as we have the visa and the house sale is the only thing we are waiting for before booking our one-way tickets.

I keep telling myself that everything happens for a reason - just having a little trouble believing it at the moment.

Steph

Keep positive, I know easier said than done, everything does happen for a reason, this house selling lark is worse than waiting for the visa I think, you just want to get going now.

when do you have to enter Oz by?

you will get there!

take care
Yve

Old May 8th 2003, 2:22 pm
Crocodile Member

Location: Wurtulla, Sunshine Coast. Crikey Terri, That's a BIG ONE!
Andy_Hanrahan is an unknown quantity at this point

I do know exactly how you feel. With a visa in my passport screaming "use me, use me!!" This last stage of the game is frustrating beyond belief. We have also had our house on for 5 weeks, though we have faired a bit better than you with viewings. We have dropped the price and that has helped.

All I would say is things are definately getting better. Now the war is over, buyers are coming out of the woodwork. I am seeing a lot more SOLD signs around, and our estate agent is saying they are getting a lot busier. 9 houses on the same road is tough, but remember, someone out there wants your house. It's just a matter of time - hang in there!

Andy

Steph
Old May 8th 2003, 3:12 pm
Finally made it

Thanks guys, your support is much appreciated. We don't have to validate our visa's until November so I'm not panicking yet.

I Just want to get to Perth as soon as possible!!
Old May 8th 2003, 5:39 pm
BE Forum Addict

footie chick is an unknown quantity at this point

I worry that our house will take ages to sell too.

Good luck with it all.

footie chick
Old May 8th 2003, 6:25 pm
BE Enthusiast

Ginny is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi folks,

Sorry to read about the slow house sale.

Hope everything goes your way soon. Hang on in there.

Ginny
Old May 8th 2003, 9:00 pm
BE Forum Addict

mashiraz is an unknown quantity at this point

We also founbd the house selling bit really fustrating. Didn'want to sell before got visa, but so impatient when we put it on the market. I think we got carried away by the hype that houses were selling within minutes at £10k over the asking price.

I think this year the market has slowed, loads of people have put theirs on the market so it's nearly back to being a buyers market. Supply and demand. Be realistic with your price and do the house doctor stuff. Strange thing, but I put some yellow flowers in pots either side of the front door and we sold the house that week. It works!

Get your self listed on loads of web pages, where you can add links to the detalis. Put it in Loot. Market it yourself, even if it doesn't work, at least it puts you back in command.

Best of luck
Mash...

Steph
Old May 8th 2003, 10:37 pm
Finally made it

Cheers Mash

Am just about to have a look at Loot now. I planted hundreds of Daffs last year with a view to it looking nice in the spring (which it did) looks like I'll need to put loads of pots/baskets/ summer flowers in now. Oh well, a small price to pay if it works.

Ever hopeful

Steph
Old May 9th 2003, 1:56 am
Banned

pommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond repute

Steph
You good people do cheer me up no end , a buyers market in the UK sounds good to me.

Old May 9th 2003, 8:22 am
BE Enthusiast

Sindy is an unknown quantity at this point

Steph
Hi Paul and Steph

Wow, that’s unbelievable, 9 houses in the same street. Are the houses where you are identical? Have they been on the market long? and are they going for the same price as yours? Instead of getting two or three viewers a week maybe you are saving yours all up and are going to get hoards coming through very shortly - I hope so.

We are at the request for Bond stage so should get our visa through very shortly, hence the house has just gone on the market last week, and once sold we are off!

I can understand how frustrating it must be for you to see your visa in your passport and not to be able to go. I bet your heart and soul is in Oz, just your body remaining here!

I hope you sell soon, stay focused, and good luck

Sindy
Old May 9th 2003, 9:12 am
BE Enthusiast

andie is an unknown quantity at this point

im sure you will sell soon, we were in exactly the same situation, we had the house up for a couple of months with no joy, we got so fed up and booked the tickets planning to leave the house sale with family. we also had to drop the price quite a bit. we are going in 3 weeks, and have had an offer on the house. so stay positive it will work out right in the end. try the trick of fresh coffee brewing in the perculator, and the flowers !!!! seemed to help us, or maybe it was the drop of £8.000 !!!!!
Old May 9th 2003, 12:34 pm
Crocodile Member

Location: Wurtulla, Sunshine Coast. Crikey Terri, That's a BIG ONE!
Andy_Hanrahan is an unknown quantity at this point

Now, now PB, let's not start gloating. How about a deal - you don't , and then we don't when you get back over here and realise you've made the biggest mistake of your life!!

Andy

Originally posted by pommie bastard
You good people do cheer me up no end , a buyers market in the UK sounds good to me.

Old May 9th 2003, 5:24 pm
BE Forum Addict

tinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud of

I am dreading the whole selling process. We are desperately trying to finish off all those annoying jobs and hope to put ours on in about 4 weeks. I am expecting the process to take about 3 months. The worse thing must be if the whole thing falls through.

Oh dear, I am panicking already.

We don't have any family that we can stay with either so we have to sell and go or rent.
Old May 9th 2003, 5:52 pm
dmf
Forum Regular

dmf will become famous soon enough

I know what you are going through. Our house has been on the market for 3 months and we are number 1 tourist attraction in the area!!! but to no avail. People cannot sell their own houses. It is starting to get frustrating now as we too have that stamp in our passports saying "use me"!!!

All in good time I guess.

Dawn

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.