Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

general help please.sydney.brisbane

general help please.sydney.brisbane

Old May 11th 2004, 8:19 pm
sunny coast

jonni boy has a reputation beyond reputejonni boy has a reputation beyond reputejonni boy has a reputation beyond reputejonni boy has a reputation beyond reputejonni boy has a reputation beyond reputejonni boy has a reputation beyond reputejonni boy has a reputation beyond reputejonni boy has a reputation beyond reputejonni boy has a reputation beyond reputejonni boy has a reputation beyond reputejonni boy has a reputation beyond repute
Default general help please.sydney.brisbane

can anyone tell me how far from surfers paradise wellington point would be by car.tried 2 by a ubd but none of the book stores in manchester were much help.would be grateful if anyone can recommend a good hotel in wellington point as well please.the plan is 2 come over in january and have a look around wellington point for houses to rent and see if theres much sheet metal work or ali or stainless welding work in the surrounding areas.would appreciate any general information like good estate agents and the price of real estate we would need a house with at least 3 bedrooms as we have 3 young daughters.we will also be spending time in sydney doing the same kind of thing so would be grateful for information on good sydney suburbs even if we need to drive a fair distance out of sydney to find work.we just want any kind advice.thanks for any help and advice cheers jonni boy
Old May 11th 2004, 8:22 pm
part-time Visa Angel!

mlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nice
Default Re: general help please.sydney.brisbane

Originally posted by jonni boy
can anyone tell me how far from surfers paradise wellington point would be by car.tried 2 by a ubd but none of the book stores in manchester were much help.would be grateful if anyone can recommend a good hotel in wellington point as well please.the plan is 2 come over in january and have a look around wellington point for houses to rent and see if theres much sheet metal work or ali or stainless welding work in the surrounding areas.would appreciate any general information like good estate agents and the price of real estate we would need a house with at least 3 bedrooms as we have 3 young daughters.we will also be spending time in sydney doing the same kind of thing so would be grateful for information on good sydney suburbs even if we need to drive a fair distance out of sydney to find work.we just want any kind advice.thanks for any help and advice cheers jonni boy

Maybe try getting in touch with mcmercer, they live in Wellington Point and maybe able to help you

try www.ljhooker.com.au for housing info

Cheers
Old May 11th 2004, 8:24 pm
What's happening dudes?

wmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by mlbonner
Maybe try getting in touch with mcmercer, they live in Wellington Point and maybe able to help you

try www.ljhooker.com.au for housing info

Cheers
And you can use the route planner on www.whereis.com.au to find distances
Old May 11th 2004, 11:24 pm
ABCDiamond

Originally posted by jonni boy
can anyone tell me how far from surfers paradise wellington point would be by car.
I have done it in 1 hour, in normal traffic, from Victoria Point.
Wellington Point is about 10 minutes difference.

The whereis web site shows 1hr 20m for me, maybe I shouldn't drive so fast

Try realestate.com.au for many property options in Wellington Point.

I have a friendly Real Estate agent in Cleveland, i'll see if he covers Wellington Point closer to the time if you like. He is quite happy to drive people around the area, if he has quiet time, and show them whats available.

Old May 12th 2004, 10:04 am
Account Closed

ANA123 is an unknown quantity at this point

Hello
We get to surfers in just over an hour, traffic permitting.
There is a wide range of property around here, In one of the local estate agents today there were 8 rental properties available in Well point and Birkdale all 3plus bedrooms ranging from $250-$350 per week (had a good look as we are trying to sublet ours!)

Not sure if they have websites but at wello there are the following estate agents:
Doust realty
Pat Barrett Real Estate
Ray White Real Estate.

Prices to buy vary hugely depending on how close to the water you are as well as the type of house. You can still buy a house for $300,000 if you're prepared to do some work but for anything new, renovated or with a pool you're looking at $400,000 ish plus. Houses still seem to be going fairly quickly round here, when we were looking a few went before we got our viewing.
If I can be of further help please pm me,

Michaela