Reload this Page >

general caual labour

general caual labour

Old Jul 17th 2008, 3:30 pm
Just Joined

wanago is an unknown quantity at this point
Default general caual labour

hi all,

just wanted to ask what the work situation is like for general casual labour in perth nor area is like.
dont really mind what i do for the 20hrs that i can work.
also whats the pay rate like for such work.

thankyou in advance
Old Jul 18th 2008, 9:25 am
Just Joined

wanago is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: general casual labour

any ideas anyone please?
Old Jul 18th 2008, 9:31 am
BE Enthusiast

tasmas is a glorious beacon of lighttasmas is a glorious beacon of lighttasmas is a glorious beacon of lighttasmas is a glorious beacon of lighttasmas is a glorious beacon of lighttasmas is a glorious beacon of lighttasmas is a glorious beacon of lighttasmas is a glorious beacon of lighttasmas is a glorious beacon of lighttasmas is a glorious beacon of lighttasmas is a glorious beacon of light
Default Re: general casual labour

Originally Posted by wanago
any ideas anyone please?
Yeah. Anyone? I'd like to know also
Old Jul 18th 2008, 10:58 am
BE Forum Addict

nickyjohnt has a reputation beyond reputenickyjohnt has a reputation beyond reputenickyjohnt has a reputation beyond reputenickyjohnt has a reputation beyond reputenickyjohnt has a reputation beyond reputenickyjohnt has a reputation beyond reputenickyjohnt has a reputation beyond reputenickyjohnt has a reputation beyond reputenickyjohnt has a reputation beyond reputenickyjohnt has a reputation beyond reputenickyjohnt has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: general caual labour

Im classed as casual,and in Perth NOR !
I work 14 hrs a week for $19.00 an hour and have my super paid !
Dont get holiday pay, but at the moment its a great job that i enjoy doing, but not forever ! Just need to find something i really want to do

Nicky
Old Jul 18th 2008, 11:07 am
BE Enthusiast

tasmas is a glorious beacon of lighttasmas is a glorious beacon of lighttasmas is a glorious beacon of lighttasmas is a glorious beacon of lighttasmas is a glorious beacon of lighttasmas is a glorious beacon of lighttasmas is a glorious beacon of lighttasmas is a glorious beacon of lighttasmas is a glorious beacon of lighttasmas is a glorious beacon of lighttasmas is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by nickyjohnt
Im classed as casual,and in Perth NOR !
I work 14 hrs a week for $19.00 an hour and have my super paid !
Dont get holiday pay, but at the moment its a great job that i enjoy doing, but not forever ! Just need to find something i really want to do

Nicky

What is it you do? And is there any such thing as cash in hand in Oz?
Old Jul 18th 2008, 11:44 am
Anything,Anytime,Anywhere

The Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by tasmas
Can sometimes be called the "black economy". Technically outlawed by the ATO, but can be readily available, if you know where to look. Mostly used by mates and mates of mates. Formal employers have to be careful as there are too many checks put on them by authorities.
Old Jul 18th 2008, 11:46 am
A rather curious boy

busterboy has a reputation beyond reputebusterboy has a reputation beyond reputebusterboy has a reputation beyond reputebusterboy has a reputation beyond reputebusterboy has a reputation beyond reputebusterboy has a reputation beyond reputebusterboy has a reputation beyond reputebusterboy has a reputation beyond reputebusterboy has a reputation beyond reputebusterboy has a reputation beyond reputebusterboy has a reputation beyond repute

Surely though, you are going to Australia to work, become a meaningful member of society and pay your taxes?

Last edited by busterboy; Jul 18th 2008 at 11:52 am.
Old Jul 18th 2008, 11:49 am
Anything,Anytime,Anywhere

The Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by wanago
hi all,

just wanted to ask what the work situation is like for general casual labour in perth nor area is like.
dont really mind what i do for the 20hrs that i can work.
also whats the pay rate like for such work.

thankyou in advance
http://www.seek.com.au/jobsearch/ind...archfrom=quick
Old Jul 18th 2008, 1:44 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by busterboy
Surely though, you are going to Australia to work, become a meaningful member of society and pay your taxes?
Keep your hair on!!!! I'm going to study, I was just curious as to how people find work.
Old Jul 18th 2008, 2:49 pm
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Keep your hair on!!!! I'm going to study, I was just curious as to how people find work.
Black market/cash-in-hand labour isn't quite as common here as in the UK, and its a lot harder to make a living by it. If you search for previous threads about job-hunting you'll find numerous links like www.seek.com.au and hints on how/where to find work. There are also a lot more requirements for licences and certificates to get work here, one reason I feel why cash-in-hand as we know it doesn't happen so much here.
Old Jul 18th 2008, 2:54 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Pollyana
Black market/cash-in-hand labour isn't quite as common here as in the UK, and its a lot harder to make a living by it. If you search for previous threads about job-hunting you'll find numerous links like www.seek.com.au and hints on how/where to find work. There are also a lot more requirements for licences and certificates to get work here, one reason I feel why cash-in-hand as we know it doesn't happen so much here.
Pollyanna thank you for your reply. I've looked at all job sites, and i was asking a simple question as i was curious to see if it was as much in use as it is in the UK. However, as usual some poster hopped up onto the soap box and decided that I wouldn't be a good australian citizen.

Cheers for your informative reply.
Old Jul 18th 2008, 11:18 pm
A rather curious boy

busterboy has a reputation beyond reputebusterboy has a reputation beyond reputebusterboy has a reputation beyond reputebusterboy has a reputation beyond reputebusterboy has a reputation beyond reputebusterboy has a reputation beyond reputebusterboy has a reputation beyond reputebusterboy has a reputation beyond reputebusterboy has a reputation beyond reputebusterboy has a reputation beyond reputebusterboy has a reputation beyond repute

Pollyanna thank you for your reply. I've looked at all job sites, and i was asking a simple question as i was curious to see if it was as much in use as it is in the UK. However, as usual some poster hopped up onto the soap box and decided that I wouldn't be a good australian citizen.

Cheers for your informative reply.
No, as you usual you jump too quickly to conclusions. At no point did I question whether you would be a good citzen or not. You assumed that what I meant and immediately wrote a rather hostile comment.

My reply was rather tongue in cheek.

However, I do not approve of cash in hand for a number of reasons, none of them to do with whether a person pays their taxes or not. All of them are based around what cash-in-hand roles do to the legitimate job market at the lower end of job scale, which effects quite vulnerable people and lots to do with people working without rights and without insurances.
Old Jul 19th 2008, 6:59 am
Just Joined

Charlie Bass is an unknown quantity at this point

What skills/qualifications/experience do you have? A fellow tradie in Perth always comments on the amount of work available over there at the moment, skilled or unskilled. I can't see anyone having a problem finding work if they're looking in the general/offsider category, even for only 20 hours a week.

With that said the fact you mention a 20 hour limit suggests to me that you are coming to Oz to study and possibly immigrate on that basis? If that's the case depending on your chosen field of study I would highly recommend looking for related work since most if not all skills assessing authorities require some degree of work experience, particularly in vocational/trade qualifications.

Good luck.
Old Jul 19th 2008, 8:56 am
BE Forum Addict

pumpkin blossom has a reputation beyond reputepumpkin blossom has a reputation beyond reputepumpkin blossom has a reputation beyond reputepumpkin blossom has a reputation beyond reputepumpkin blossom has a reputation beyond reputepumpkin blossom has a reputation beyond reputepumpkin blossom has a reputation beyond reputepumpkin blossom has a reputation beyond reputepumpkin blossom has a reputation beyond reputepumpkin blossom has a reputation beyond reputepumpkin blossom has a reputation beyond repute

Someone on my course is doing a cash in hand work (totally stupid in my opinion, if they get caught they will have wasted all the time and money on the course). BUT they get paid $8ph. EIGHT DOLLARS, shocking!!
Old Jul 19th 2008, 10:55 am
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by pumpkin blossom
Someone on my course is doing a cash in hand work (totally stupid in my opinion, if they get caught they will have wasted all the time and money on the course). BUT they get paid $8ph. EIGHT DOLLARS, shocking!!
Thats why fewer people here do it,not worth the money you get for it, and at the risk of being thrown off the course. If it were someone here on a student visa, they would also run the risk of having their visa cancelled.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.