Geelong

Old Mar 6th 2004, 11:08 am
Stacey Jones

Default Geelong

Hi,
We are hoping to move to Geelong, Victora in the near future and just wondered if any one has heard anything about it or lived near there and could tell us anything about it?

Cheers

Old Mar 6th 2004, 11:12 am
The Godfather

Bordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to behold

Its lovely Stacey, about an hour from the Centre of Melbourne, Ive visited a few times, has a great beach area, not so good footy team lol. Main industry there is big Ford manufacturer. If its Geelong you fancy then I'd say go for it.
Old Mar 6th 2004, 12:06 pm
Stacey Jones

Originally posted by Bordy
Its lovely Stacey, about an hour from the Centre of Melbourne, Ive visited a few times, has a great beach area, not so good footy team lol. Main industry there is big Ford manufacturer. If its Geelong you fancy then I'd say go for it.
Cheers for the reply Bordy. The more i hear of it the more i think i will like it. is it a big city with a one large shopping center or many small ones and is there a train that runs directley to melbourne?

Thanks

Old Mar 6th 2004, 2:43 pm
BE Forum Addict

HiddenPaw has a reputation beyond reputeHiddenPaw has a reputation beyond reputeHiddenPaw has a reputation beyond reputeHiddenPaw has a reputation beyond reputeHiddenPaw has a reputation beyond reputeHiddenPaw has a reputation beyond reputeHiddenPaw has a reputation beyond reputeHiddenPaw has a reputation beyond reputeHiddenPaw has a reputation beyond reputeHiddenPaw has a reputation beyond reputeHiddenPaw has a reputation beyond repute

Geelong is nice - they've done up the waterfront in recent years so it's got a really nice marina/promenade area now. It's also got access to great beaches (and you're more or less at the start of the Grt Ocean Road and inland is some fantatsic countryside). I've been about a dozen times but never lived there so can't comment in that respect. There are quite a few people on the forum who live there so can you give you lots of advice.

I can only recall one shopping precinct in the CBD - it's not particularly big (there's no big dept stores like Myer or anything) but there are a few clothing chainstores, etc. But with Mel only an hour away, you've got more shops than you could shake a stick at up there!

There is a regular train service between Melbourne and Geelong. www.victrip.com.au is the main public transport website for Vic so that will give you more info.

Good luck
Old Mar 7th 2004, 9:51 am
Stacey Jones

Originally posted by HiddenPaw
Geelong is nice - they've done up the waterfront in recent years so it's got a really nice marina/promenade area now. It's also got access to great beaches (and you're more or less at the start of the Grt Ocean Road and inland is some fantatsic countryside). I've been about a dozen times but never lived there so can't comment in that respect. There are quite a few people on the forum who live there so can you give you lots of advice.

I can only recall one shopping precinct in the CBD - it's not particularly big (there's no big dept stores like Myer or anything) but there are a few clothing chainstores, etc. But with Mel only an hour away, you've got more shops than you could shake a stick at up there!

There is a regular train service between Melbourne and Geelong. www.victrip.com.au is the main public transport website for Vic so that will give you more info.

Good luck
Cheers HP