G'day from Perth

Old Sep 17th 2002, 12:18 pm
col
BE Enthusiast

col is an unknown quantity at this point
Default G'day from Perth

Hello

I'm Back!!!!

well it's been an interesting few weeks believe me.
for those with plenty of cash ......no worries for those that have to hit the ground running look out people you're in for one hell of a ride!!!!!!!

I've managed to get a couple of weeks work doing some training and IT support.

The wife who is a HR advisor is a cleaner(for the moment) other wise we would eat all the colateral away.

Perth itself is wonderful. I like it lots.

It aint easy but I think it's worth it chin up

Col
Old Sep 17th 2002, 12:28 pm
Hot and sweaty member!!

yvsie has a reputation beyond reputeyvsie has a reputation beyond reputeyvsie has a reputation beyond reputeyvsie has a reputation beyond reputeyvsie has a reputation beyond reputeyvsie has a reputation beyond reputeyvsie has a reputation beyond reputeyvsie has a reputation beyond reputeyvsie has a reputation beyond reputeyvsie has a reputation beyond reputeyvsie has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: G'day from Perth

hi col,

glad youre settling in...

keep coming with the posts...any info will be useful
Old Sep 17th 2002, 1:09 pm
BE Enthusiast

Grub is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi Col

Are things that bad on the job front? What are you enjoying about Perth? Where are you living/ renting?
Keep up the info.
Cheers

Nicky

Originally posted by col:
Hello

I'm Back!!!!

for those with plenty of cash ......no worries for those that have to hit the ground running look out people you're in for one hell of a ride!!!!!!!

The wife who is a HR advisor is a cleaner(for the moment) other wise we would eat all the colateral away.

Col
Old Sep 17th 2002, 1:53 pm
Just Joined

stan is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi! Col,
I will be coming to Perth end of this year. I would like some information on renting a apartment/house.
What are the current job prospects for a Network Engineer.

Thanks,
Stan
Old Sep 17th 2002, 7:58 pm
BE Enthusiast

MrFlibbleUK is a jewel in the roughMrFlibbleUK is a jewel in the roughMrFlibbleUK is a jewel in the roughMrFlibbleUK is a jewel in the roughMrFlibbleUK is a jewel in the rough

Great to hear from you Col! (nice to hear from one of the oldies....hahaha no offence).

Keep the comments coming, maybe even throw up a website with a diary of the trials and tribulations...yeah like you are not up to your neck in it already!

Good luck col.
Old Sep 17th 2002, 9:30 pm
BE Enthusiast

rday will become famous soon enough

good to hear from u
rday
Old Sep 18th 2002, 7:02 am
Forum Regular

syropes is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi,

Things that tough in Perth at the mo?

I am like Stan, CCNP qualified Network engineer, ideally looking for that work.

I've got some money coming with me, but would rather not watch it shrink away!!

Any advice on getting work in Perth?

am willing to do other work. (pretty much anything).

Cheers

Sy.
Old Sep 19th 2002, 12:41 am
Banned

pommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond repute

Hello

I'm Back!!!!

Col
Could you please alter your post , Perth is wonderful is okay the rest could do with brightening up .

"The wife who is a HR advisor is a cleaner(for the moment) other wise we would eat all the colateral away."

This for a start sounds like you are on bones of your arse try this. Wife has had a career change , wages are very good for cleaners here so why waste time doing HR job , she enjoys new job and glad to get it.

"I've managed to get a couple of weeks work doing some training and IT support."

Again not too good , could mean that full time jobs are not to be had , the punters will not like that.How about Only need to work a few weeks a year , weathers far to good to spend a lot of time inside so just do odd training job.

"It aint easy but I think it's worth it chin up"

What a thing to say some here would hang you for this .have a go at never been happier its the easy life for me now left all my troubles behind me.

Good luck first year can take it out of you I am sure things will work out for you , sounds like you have your feet on the ground and speak the truth quite refreshing on this forum.Best Wishes from someone whos here and knows how hard it can be.

Last edited by pommie bastard; Sep 19th 2002 at 7:05 am.
Old Sep 19th 2002, 1:57 am
Banned

pommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by NickyTurner:
Hi Col

Are things that bad on the job front? What are you enjoying about Perth? Where are you living/ renting?
Keep up the info.
Cheers

Nicky

Whats that you asking about Perth? , I thought you were an expert , living in greater Manchester not much differance apart from the weather.Same people just a change in the landscape

Last edited by pommie bastard; Sep 19th 2002 at 4:40 am.
Old Sep 19th 2002, 2:04 am
BE Enthusiast

suebo is on a distinguished road

Col,
If you are looking for a job in IT, try a company called BDS Consulting (like an employment agency). They are located in West Perth. They are a great company and if you are good at your job, they will look after you. They will get you permanent/temp/contract etc. They may also be able to find your wife something. I have found that they pay more than other agencies.
BTW, where are you staying in Perth?I am from there and missing Perth and family heaps
Old Sep 19th 2002, 12:10 pm
col
BE Enthusiast

col is an unknown quantity at this point

Thanks guys for all the comments.
OK I'll try an answer some questions......and reply of course

Pommiebastard.. Thank F*&K you're still around Love the sense of humor really makes me laugh (and the Boss).

Suebo I'm livin in Mindarie. Thanks for the info on the consultantcy people I'll give em a ring tomorrow. Trouble is I was a project engineer in IT, so I am treated as a generalist, Jack of all trades master of none.Sorry you're missing your family you been away long? Gone to the UK to get an IT Job?

As for work (IT mainly) there's plenty of it. You need to write a thesis (called a selection criteria) to even be considered for an interview.

As for Brickies, plasterers, lecies, plumbers etc loads of work, if you ain't working in 10 days you might as well go home. (that includes nurses as well yvsie)

Just remeber it ain't a walk in the park it IS YOUR WORST NIGHTMARE for stress and general head up the arse i don't know what i'm doin.
Hey but lifes FUN!

Speak again soon
Old Sep 19th 2002, 12:25 pm
Terry Tuley

Hi Col & wife !

Glad to hear you made it to Perth, I hear from my friend there that
the weather is starting to get better. Whereabouts are you living at
the moment ? Have you brought already or renting ? There's loads we
are all dying to know but things must be pretty hectic for you at the
moment. Don't forget to fill us in on all the juicy info when you get
a chance !!

Hoping to be in Perth this time next year !

See ya

Mandy & Terry
x

Old Sep 19th 2002, 4:23 pm
BE Enthusiast

Col,
I'm actually in USA at the moment, moved over with Hubby (Engineer) 2 years ago. Planning our first trip home in March, cant wait
Mindarie is a pretty costly suburb to live in. We have a house in Marangaroo.
Old Sep 19th 2002, 11:50 pm
Banned

Thanks guys for all the comments.
OK I'll try an answer some questions......and reply of course

Pommiebastard.. Thank F*&K you're still around Love the sense of humor really makes me laugh (and the Boss).

Suebo I'm livin in Mindarie. Thanks for the info on the consultantcy people I'll give em a ring tomorrow. Trouble is I was a project engineer in IT, so I am treated as a generalist, Jack of all trades master of none.Sorry you're missing your family you been away long? Gone to the UK to get an IT Job?

As for work (IT mainly) there's plenty of it. You need to write a thesis (called a selection criteria) to even be considered for an interview.

As for Brickies, plasterers, lecies, plumbers etc loads of work, if you ain't working in 10 days you might as well go home. (that includes nurses as well yvsie)

Just remeber it ain't a walk in the park it IS YOUR WORST NIGHTMARE for stress and general head up the arse i don't know what i'm doin.
Hey but lifes FUN!

Speak again soon
You have picked a great area to live in love Mindarie , only drawback the Boat pub is a bit dead at night , if you need a pick me up come down to the old Bailey on happy hour on a Sunday 5pm -6pm its got more of a buzz.
Perth lives off building trade and mining not alot in between , but head up getting a job here is more about who you know rather than what you know.
So put yourselfs about try and meet as many people as possible, sure you will be okay.Best of Luck,
Old Sep 20th 2002, 12:11 am
BE Enthusiast

I Love the Old Bailey, have been there a few times. They have the best Bruschetta ever. May see you there next March when home for a visit

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.