G'day

Old May 6th 2003, 11:52 am
No wuckin furries mate

brox is an unknown quantity at this point
Default G'day

G'day everybody!! Well we arrived in sunny Perth Sunday. The weather has been glorious here in the sou'west below Perth.Monday and today 26c to 28c. Thunder storm tonite though.Went to Centelink today to get the forms for the family allowance. People most helpful. Also went and signed up for medicare. That took about 15mins. Again most helpful. Went to see about some jobs yesterday. Was also looking at some cars and the car sales people couldn't be more helpful, ringing paint and bodyshops up for me to see if they had any jobs. Upshot of that was that today I got offered a job to start on Monday week, 3 month trial , pay review after 3 months. Not brill start pay(above pay award) but potentially vvv good. Not bad for being here 2 and a half days!! On the down side the trip over here does not get any easier. Jeeeez it's a long way. Goodbyes in the UK went better than expected but were still crap! People have been great. Everybody willing to help to get you settled. Was over on baggage allowance but check in girls said not a problem as we were emigrating. Anyway got to go, talk to you all later. Money not arrived yet :PARTY:
Old May 6th 2003, 12:00 pm
Vee
BE Enthusiast

Vee is an unknown quantity at this point

Glad it went OK. Enjoy that cold beer. Have fun!
Old May 6th 2003, 3:22 pm
Forum Regular

Location: Ex-Bournemouth now Sunny Florida, heading for Perth
WannabeWallaby is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: G'day

Hey Brox

We are hoping to hit the Bunbury area later this year and would appreciate any info you have to offer re property prices etc.

Enjoy your new life!

Wannabe Wallaby
Old May 6th 2003, 6:46 pm
BE Forum Addict

footie chick is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi to the Brox clan

Glad you all arrived safely. Enjoy your new lives in Perth.

Take care.

footie chick
Old May 6th 2003, 6:48 pm
BE Enthusiast

karen and andy is an unknown quantity at this point

Dear Brox and family

Nice to see you on line now your down under.

Enjoy Perth

Cheers
Karen and Andy
Old May 6th 2003, 7:05 pm
BE Forum Addict

mashiraz is an unknown quantity at this point

Sounds like you have got yourselves sorted!!
Good on yer.

Mash...

Originally posted by brox
G'day everybody!! Well we arrived in sunny Perth Sunday. The weather has been glorious here in the sou'west below Perth.Monday and today 26c to 28c. Thunder storm tonite though.Went to Centelink today to get the forms for the family allowance. People most helpful. Also went and signed up for medicare. That took about 15mins. Again most helpful. Went to see about some jobs yesterday. Was also looking at some cars and the car sales people couldn't be more helpful, ringing paint and bodyshops up for me to see if they had any jobs. Upshot of that was that today I got offered a job to start on Monday week, 3 month trial , pay review after 3 months. Not brill start pay(above pay award) but potentially vvv good. Not bad for being here 2 and a half days!! On the down side the trip over here does not get any easier. Jeeeez it's a long way. Goodbyes in the UK went better than expected but were still crap! People have been great. Everybody willing to help to get you settled. Was over on baggage allowance but check in girls said not a problem as we were emigrating. Anyway got to go, talk to you all later. Money not arrived yet :PARTY:
Old May 6th 2003, 7:24 pm
BE Enthusiast

terryg is an unknown quantity at this point

Mrs Brox n all !

Well done

Keep up the good work and enjoy the beers
Old May 6th 2003, 7:26 pm
?????????

paulf is a glorious beacon of lightpaulf is a glorious beacon of lightpaulf is a glorious beacon of lightpaulf is a glorious beacon of lightpaulf is a glorious beacon of lightpaulf is a glorious beacon of lightpaulf is a glorious beacon of lightpaulf is a glorious beacon of lightpaulf is a glorious beacon of lightpaulf is a glorious beacon of lightpaulf is a glorious beacon of light

How cold is the Beer
Old May 6th 2003, 9:25 pm
Finally back home

sally1968 is on a distinguished road

Originally posted by brox
Hi

Good to hear that you arrived safely. Could you (or anyone) please tell me if family allowance is payable to all immigrants straight away? I thought that there was a waiting period of 2 years before you could get any type of benefits.... Any info much appreciated.

Sally
Old May 6th 2003, 9:26 pm
BE Enthusiast

terryg is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally posted by sally1968
Hi

Good to hear that you arrived safely. Could you (or anyone) please tell me if family allowance is payable to all immigrants straight away? I thought that there was a waiting period of 2 years before you could get any type of benefits.... Any info much appreciated.

Sally
Hi Sally

Family allowance - Yes straight away

Dole - 2 year wait