Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Gay Couple Saga continues and gets better

Gay Couple Saga continues and gets better

Old Apr 6th 2005, 1:49 pm
BE Enthusiast

Ian12 has a reputation beyond reputeIan12 has a reputation beyond reputeIan12 has a reputation beyond reputeIan12 has a reputation beyond reputeIan12 has a reputation beyond reputeIan12 has a reputation beyond reputeIan12 has a reputation beyond reputeIan12 has a reputation beyond reputeIan12 has a reputation beyond reputeIan12 has a reputation beyond reputeIan12 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Gay Couple Saga continues and gets better

Just to say thanks to all of you invisible mates who have, via the medium of this forum been so supportive. We had to bring our two adopted boys (7 and 8) out here on visitors visas because of time restraints (Mother in Lae in Sydney was seriously ill and we wantd her to see her new grandchildren). We began applying for perm. resd. visa in December. I already had mine and my partner is Australian. Three weeks ago we learned that our youngest had been granted PR and today we heard that our eldest has been granted PR. We are well pleased. So was the boy! He ran around the livingroom singing "I've got my badge - I can stay".

After much soul searching we have also decided to stay put. We have had an offer accepted on a home in a nearby subburb and God willing we will be in the house within six yo ten weeks. The uncertainly about where to live had more to do with negative input of the person whose house we were renting. We explored other places including Queensland and came to the conclusion that life if what you make of it in most places - so that's what we are doing. I was very heartened by all of you who replied to my initial posting. To be honest I was a little apprehensive but you showed yourselves to be supportive and welcoming - at least those who replied and we are too worried about the others And a special Hello to the girls in Perth!
Old Apr 6th 2005, 1:51 pm
The Godfather

Bordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: Gay Couple Saga continues and gets better

Glad things are getting bettter, Good luck to you all in your new home.
Old Apr 6th 2005, 1:55 pm
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute

Really pleased for you Ian. Good news about the boys PR. Good luck in your new home and hope you don't get tooooo much cr*p from people who should know better.

All the best.
Old Apr 6th 2005, 2:20 pm
Tupperware's #1 fan

JayDeee has much to be proud ofJayDeee has much to be proud ofJayDeee has much to be proud ofJayDeee has much to be proud ofJayDeee has much to be proud ofJayDeee has much to be proud ofJayDeee has much to be proud ofJayDeee has much to be proud ofJayDeee has much to be proud ofJayDeee has much to be proud ofJayDeee has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by Ian12
Just to say thanks to all of you invisible mates who have, via the medium of this forum been so supportive. We had to bring our two adopted boys (7 and 8) out here on visitors visas because of time restraints (Mother in Lae in Sydney was seriously ill and we wantd her to see her new grandchildren). We began applying for perm. resd. visa in December. I already had mine and my partner is Australian. Three weeks ago we learned that our youngest had been granted PR and today we heard that our eldest has been granted PR. We are well pleased. So was the boy! He ran around the livingroom singing "I've got my badge - I can stay".

After much soul searching we have also decided to stay put. We have had an offer accepted on a home in a nearby subburb and God willing we will be in the house within six yo ten weeks. The uncertainly about where to live had more to do with negative input of the person whose house we were renting. We explored other places including Queensland and came to the conclusion that life if what you make of it in most places - so that's what we are doing. I was very heartened by all of you who replied to my initial posting. To be honest I was a little apprehensive but you showed yourselves to be supportive and welcoming - at least those who replied and we are too worried about the others And a special Hello to the girls in Perth!
Thats great Ian, really happy that things are on the Up for you all.

Take care and enjoy
Kala
Old Apr 6th 2005, 3:02 pm
Go Banana's !!

So pleased for you, the girls are waiting for you to visit Perth. what a hoot that would be.

Regards

Jill

Old Apr 6th 2005, 3:05 pm
A former regular of BE

worzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond repute

Good for you. I wouldn't worry about what people on here think - there isn't a "normal" one amongst us, though some as less "normal" than others . As Bertie Basset would say - "it takes all sorts"
Old Apr 6th 2005, 9:52 pm
Master of verbal pish©

soapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond repute

great new Ian, that means u get to bring all the beer to the next meet
now thats worth looking forward to.
Old Apr 6th 2005, 10:48 pm
Wol
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Wol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by worzel
Good for you. I wouldn't worry about what people on here think - there isn't a "normal" one amongst us, though some as less "normal" than others . As Bertie Basset would say - "it takes all sorts"
Don't know what on earth you mean! As they say, the whole damn world is bonkers except thee and me - and I'm not too sure about thee....
Old Apr 7th 2005, 11:35 am
BE Forum Addict

Shellfish is a glorious beacon of lightShellfish is a glorious beacon of lightShellfish is a glorious beacon of lightShellfish is a glorious beacon of lightShellfish is a glorious beacon of lightShellfish is a glorious beacon of lightShellfish is a glorious beacon of lightShellfish is a glorious beacon of lightShellfish is a glorious beacon of lightShellfish is a glorious beacon of lightShellfish is a glorious beacon of light

Glad to see that things are looking up

All the best with the future
Old Apr 7th 2005, 11:42 am

madsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond repute

Great news & best of luck to you all x

Donna.
Old Apr 7th 2005, 11:46 am
Phoenixuk2oz

Originally Posted by worzel
Here, here.

But watch out for anyone with dodgy hair. Especially if they look like Worzel

Good luck!

Old Apr 7th 2005, 12:07 pm
JAJ
Retired

JAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond repute

Now that the boys have PR, with one adoptive parent who is an Australian citizen, you might want to see if they can be granted Australian citizenship immediately. It's an application that's going to be a little 'off the beaten track' but it may well work as the rules are different for children. Visit http://www.citizenship.gov.au and if you need some advice, get in touch with IARC - http://www.iarc.asn.au

Jeremy