Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

GASFITTER - SPONSOR JOB NEEDED??!!!

GASFITTER - SPONSOR JOB NEEDED??!!!

Old Dec 5th 2007, 12:22 pm
BE Enthusiast

Basty is a name known to allBasty is a name known to allBasty is a name known to allBasty is a name known to allBasty is a name known to allBasty is a name known to allBasty is a name known to allBasty is a name known to allBasty is a name known to allBasty is a name known to allBasty is a name known to all
Unhappy GASFITTER - SPONSOR JOB NEEDED??!!!

Hi, I am hitting my head against a brick wall while I type this!!!!

Can anyone help in advising of any likely companies that would be prepared to sponsor my OH. He is Corgi registered gas fitter in the UK, but TRA have only assessed him under LPG (which his has now expired??!!!) and not natural gas so we are having a few minor problems!!!

Thanks
:curse:
Old Jan 13th 2008, 11:10 am
Forum Regular

timmins family is just really nicetimmins family is just really nicetimmins family is just really nicetimmins family is just really nicetimmins family is just really nicetimmins family is just really nicetimmins family is just really nicetimmins family is just really nice
Default Re: GASFITTER - SPONSOR JOB NEEDED??!!!

Originally Posted by Basty
Hi, I am hitting my head against a brick wall while I type this!!!!

Can anyone help in advising of any likely companies that would be prepared to sponsor my OH. He is Corgi registered gas fitter in the UK, but TRA have only assessed him under LPG (which his has now expired??!!!) and not natural gas so we are having a few minor problems!!!

Thanks
:curse:
Why not try going through vetasess as plumber and getting a skilled visa.
Does he have fomal training ie an apprenticeship .
Or even renew LPG.
My husband is gas fitter/plumber wih formal apprenticeship corgi reg and15 years on job exp but only using natral gas
Our agent said it would be worth the try using tra as gas fitter for the easier and cheaper option if we fail then we will definatley be going through vetasess as genral plumber.
Any other plumbers/gas fitters out there please let me know which route you taken.Or anyone failed gas fitter and trying as plumber i wopuld love some feedback on this
Old Jan 13th 2008, 11:32 am
BE Enthusiast

Ozzy Fever has much to be proud ofOzzy Fever has much to be proud ofOzzy Fever has much to be proud ofOzzy Fever has much to be proud ofOzzy Fever has much to be proud ofOzzy Fever has much to be proud ofOzzy Fever has much to be proud ofOzzy Fever has much to be proud ofOzzy Fever has much to be proud ofOzzy Fever has much to be proud ofOzzy Fever has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by timmins family
Why not try going through vetasess as plumber and getting a skilled visa.
Does he have fomal training ie an apprenticeship .
Or even renew LPG.
My husband is gas fitter/plumber wih formal apprenticeship corgi reg and15 years on job exp but only using natral gas
Our agent said it would be worth the try using tra as gas fitter for the easier and cheaper option if we fail then we will definatley be going through vetasess as genral plumber.
Any other plumbers/gas fitters out there please let me know which route you taken.Or anyone failed gas fitter and trying as plumber i wopuld love some feedback on this
Hubby passed his TRA as Gas Fitter, our agent wrote out all the paperwork and we passed OK.

Good luck with your application they say that waiting for TRA is worse than waiting for the visa, but we were lucky and got an answer within about 10 working days.

Nicky
Old Jan 13th 2008, 12:51 pm
BE Enthusiast

Basty is a name known to allBasty is a name known to allBasty is a name known to allBasty is a name known to allBasty is a name known to allBasty is a name known to allBasty is a name known to allBasty is a name known to allBasty is a name known to allBasty is a name known to allBasty is a name known to all

Originally Posted by Ozzy Fever
Hubby passed his TRA as Gas Fitter, our agent wrote out all the paperwork and we passed OK.

Good luck with your application they say that waiting for TRA is worse than waiting for the visa, but we were lucky and got an answer within about 10 working days.

Nicky
Things have progressed since posting the thread - TRA had wrong code on our letter (agent said that under that code we couldn't get in) TRA have now amended and all is hunkey dorey - at the moment. However OH now has to sit Ielts english exam to get extra 10 points because with his 4 years training he doesn't quite have 3 years fully qualified - so the long and the short- if he doesn't get enough points with exam we will wait until June when he will have 3 years and enough points - its just waiting and waiting. OH isn't a qualified plumber only a gas fitter so wouldn't be able to get in under that!!!