Gas fitter help

Old Jan 16th 2014, 7:22 pm
Just Joined

Dannyb165 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Gas fitter help

Hi all i am new to the forum!

I have been granted my 189 visa (yay). Me and my wife are looking to move out in June this year. I am a fully qualified gas fitter with 15 years experience and have a NVQ level 3 and all the usual Uk qualifications. I am after some advice really from gas fitter that have already made the jump and what is the best course of action for becoming registered and finding employment in Victoria as we are looking at moving to Melbourne.

I have notice Kapri's husband is a gas fitter and has moved out to NSW but i cannot personal message her as i do not have enough posts. if someone who knows her could ask her to message me with any info that would be great.

Time to look into movers and properties to let now. so excited!!

Happy i found this forum as there is so much good information!!
Old Jan 16th 2014, 9:43 pm

old.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Gas fitter help

Originally Posted by Dannyb165
Hi all i am new to the forum!

I have been granted my 189 visa (yay). Me and my wife are looking to move out in June this year. I am a fully qualified gas fitter with 15 years experience and have a NVQ level 3 and all the usual Uk qualifications. I am after some advice really from gas fitter that have already made the jump and what is the best course of action for becoming registered and finding employment in Victoria as we are looking at moving to Melbourne.

I have notice Kapri's husband is a gas fitter and has moved out to NSW but i cannot personal message her as i do not have enough posts. if someone who knows her could ask her to message me with any info that would be great.

Time to look into movers and properties to let now. so excited!!

Happy i found this forum as there is so much good information!!
Information that is relevant to others, and not of a personal nature, is better shared in open forum in a lot of cases as it is then available for the next person.

As a gas fitter, I would imagine you would need to apply for recognition of your skills with TRA and then take any gap training to cover differences between the two countries. Also, it is likely a licensed trade which will mean possibly working supervised for a period of time.

Each state sets different criteria so what is valid in NSW may not work in VIC