Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Gas fires for winter - best place to buy?

Gas fires for winter - best place to buy?

Old May 1st 2009, 8:27 am
Forum Regular

stickystickman has a brilliant futurestickystickman has a brilliant futurestickystickman has a brilliant futurestickystickman has a brilliant futurestickystickman has a brilliant futurestickystickman has a brilliant futurestickystickman has a brilliant futurestickystickman has a brilliant future
Default Re: Gas fires for winter - best place to buy?

Well now I know they have gas fires in Australia (do they have electricity now too? ), do they have need for UK gas service engineers? Does this occupation fall under their required occupation list?

What are Aussie requirements on servicing of gas appliances etc? Is it similar to the UK?
Old May 3rd 2009, 10:27 am
Account Closed

harrogate girl is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by K14
Perths flipping freezing late afternoon to about 9 the next morning. I've just gone out and kitted us all out with hot water bottles and doubled up on duvets. My task for this week is to find a gas heater. Brrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr!
OH my god looking to move 35k south of Perth and its just as bad in New Zealand !!!!i was hoping it may be warmer around Perth.. its going to be down to -3 tonight we have gas fire undertile heating and two heat pumps and I am still cold..god give me back full central heating still miss this the most even after been in nz for 5 yrs. ELEC BILLS IN NZ for us over a single winter month can be $450.00 per month.
Lin
Old May 3rd 2009, 12:26 pm

Cheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond repute

My bloody washing wouldnt dry outside so I chucked it all in the tumble drier which as you know they throw out alot of heat.

Jesus Christ after an hour with the drier on, my house is now like a furnace.

Perhaps that shall come in handy on the cold winter evenings.
Old May 3rd 2009, 10:06 pm
Happy mum of 2 Aussies

Wanderlust is a splendid one to beholdWanderlust is a splendid one to beholdWanderlust is a splendid one to beholdWanderlust is a splendid one to beholdWanderlust is a splendid one to beholdWanderlust is a splendid one to beholdWanderlust is a splendid one to beholdWanderlust is a splendid one to beholdWanderlust is a splendid one to beholdWanderlust is a splendid one to beholdWanderlust is a splendid one to behold

We use the oil filled radiators to heat our rooms. We have 2 of them, and move them around to suit what we're doing. They are great! Do a fantastic job of heating, and they are portable and you can chuck them in the garage for the 11 months of the year that you don't use them.

I believe Aldi had them on sale for $59 last week... maybe they have some left?
Old May 3rd 2009, 10:16 pm
BE Forum Addict

donna is a splendid one to beholddonna is a splendid one to beholddonna is a splendid one to beholddonna is a splendid one to beholddonna is a splendid one to beholddonna is a splendid one to beholddonna is a splendid one to beholddonna is a splendid one to beholddonna is a splendid one to beholddonna is a splendid one to beholddonna is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by Professional Princess
My bloody washing wouldnt dry outside so I chucked it all in the tumble drier which as you know they throw out alot of heat.

Jesus Christ after an hour with the drier on, my house is now like a furnace.

Perhaps that shall come in handy on the cold winter evenings.
Cheaper than a heater too.