Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Gas Engineer qualifications

Gas Engineer qualifications

Old May 25th 2008, 6:59 pm
Forum Regular

truditjh is just really nicetruditjh is just really nicetruditjh is just really nicetruditjh is just really nicetruditjh is just really nicetruditjh is just really nicetruditjh is just really nicetruditjh is just really nicetruditjh is just really nicetruditjh is just really nice
Default Gas Engineer qualifications

Hi, hope you can help with a small query. Myself, hubby and two children - oh and dog - are looking at the possibility of moving to Aus. Hubby is a fully qualified Plumbing and Heating engineer, specializing within the Gas Industry. In the UK he has his own business and is fully City & Guilds, time served apprentice, got all his gas qualifications, domestic and commercial, also LPG and oil, CORGI registered etc., My question is that here in the UK he has to re-sit his exams every five years in order to continue working (dont think any other professions do this ..... ) now would he have to do this in Aus, or would he just have to obtain a licence and resit exams the once ??

We did move to NZ for a while and he had to go through the licence uplift with the PGDB there, and I guess with Aus it would be the same ???

Kind Regards.