British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Australia (https://britishexpats.com/forum/australia-54/)
-   -   gas bayonets!!! (https://britishexpats.com/forum/australia-54/gas-bayonets-230581/)

abergas May 14th 2004 9:49 am

gas bayonets!!!

Hi

Just plugging for jobs for hubby, anyone in Perth struggling with the cold and want gas points for your heaters.

Give us a PM

Thanks
Yve :D :D :D

Timber Floor Au May 14th 2004 10:00 am

Re: gas bayonets!!!

Originally posted by abergas
Hi

Just plugging for jobs for hubby, anyone in Perth struggling with the cold and want gas points for your heaters.

Give us a PM

Thanks

Get urself linked on as many websites in and around perth as possible, trust me the WEB works for you and with you at times.. Best of luck Steve

whisky May 14th 2004 2:28 pm

Get me some cards made up and I will put them in my Restaurant, we get a lot of English people in and they are all feeling the cold.
If we need anything doing in the Rest, I will beable to call him then.
I will give some of the businesses around us a card too.

Whisky

abergas May 14th 2004 2:43 pm

Originally posted by whisky
Get me some cards made up and I will put them in my Restaurant, we get a lot of English people in and they are all feeling the cold.
If we need anything doing in the Rest, I will beable to call him then.
I will give some of the businesses around us a card too.

Whisky

Thanks Whisky

Before doing cards we are just going to put a poster up, with tear off phone numbers, (does that make sense?) is that ok, just to see how much interest comes in before we take the plunge.
Dave has another interview on Monday so who knows, maybe call into the restaurant next week and make ourselves known. Do you yourself work all week

yve ;)

Jacqui May 15th 2004 8:28 am

How about starting a new craze over here - like radiators!!! Or putting the water tank inside the house in a nice cosy airing cupboard! Must be getting cold now, the electric blanket's gone back on the bed, and the kids are actually using their hot water bottles. Last night we settled down in the lounge to watch a film on tv, with just an electric fan heater for warmth, which is next to useless in an open plan room, all wearing pj's, dressing-gowns, thick socks, anything to keep warm! And we came over here for the weather.........:rolleyes:

ayanem May 15th 2004 9:03 am

Just plugging for jobs for hubby
And about time too!

Seems there are all these skilled people coming over here looking for work - and there are all those here looking for skilled people charging a reasonable price.

Well, at least that's the gas sorted. Now, what about plumbing, woodwork and electrics?

Teresa May 15th 2004 9:51 am

Hi

Give us a PM

Thanks

Hi we are arriving soon and staying with friends then onto our own place so will pm if they or we or any of friends need any work done, have you tried contacting poms in perth as they have many properties and also advertising on their forum?

Best of luck

Teresa :D

paulf May 15th 2004 11:14 am

lol, very resourseful, tell him to try punting for micro points for barbies too

abergas May 16th 2004 1:32 am

Thanks guys

Just remember St Clair domestic gas services!!!!

PM me, as we haven't started advertising yet:D :D

Hubby's also got an interview on monday, so keep your fingers crossed please, I know what power britishexpats has :D :D ;)

whisky May 16th 2004 2:05 am

Hi Abergas,

Yes its a good idea, but cards are so easy to do on the computer, and its amazing how many we have collected here and are on the board in the kitchen. Make sure we get the number as we have gas at home and at work and no doubt we will be needing someone at some time.
Best day to catch me in the daytime is Tuesday. Always off on Wednesday unless staff are sick is our day off.
If there is anything I can do to promote your new venture I will.

Whisky