Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Garmin GPS Co-Ordinates

Garmin GPS Co-Ordinates

Old Apr 17th 2006, 3:59 am
MJC
Lost in BE Cyberspace

MJC has a reputation beyond reputeMJC has a reputation beyond reputeMJC has a reputation beyond reputeMJC has a reputation beyond reputeMJC has a reputation beyond reputeMJC has a reputation beyond reputeMJC has a reputation beyond reputeMJC has a reputation beyond reputeMJC has a reputation beyond reputeMJC has a reputation beyond reputeMJC has a reputation beyond repute
Default Garmin GPS Co-Ordinates

Can anyone give me the Garmin GPS Co-ordinates for a small town called Mollymook in New South Wales?

http://www.multimap.com/map/browse.c...e=50000&icon=x

Thanks in advance

M
Old Apr 17th 2006, 7:13 am
Humble vaudevillian

benny the ball is a splendid one to beholdbenny the ball is a splendid one to beholdbenny the ball is a splendid one to beholdbenny the ball is a splendid one to beholdbenny the ball is a splendid one to beholdbenny the ball is a splendid one to beholdbenny the ball is a splendid one to beholdbenny the ball is a splendid one to beholdbenny the ball is a splendid one to beholdbenny the ball is a splendid one to beholdbenny the ball is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: Garmin GPS Co-Ordinates

Originally Posted by MJC
Can anyone give me the Garmin GPS Co-ordinates for a small town called Mollymook in New South Wales?

Thanks in advance

M
They are already on the multimap - Lat: 35:19:41S (-35.328) Lon: 150:27:44E (150.4621)
A quick look at the Garmin website shows that the Garmin should understand the three different ways of writing the lon/lat. There are two written above. The number in brackets is the lon/lat in purely fractional terms. Probably the easiest to remember. Dont forget the minus sign on the latitude else it will put you somewhere in China!
The first value is really (for latitude) 35 degrees, 19 minutes and 41 seconds south of the equator and the longitude 150 degrees, 27 minutes and 44 seconds east of the prime meridian.
Hope this makes sense.
Old Apr 17th 2006, 10:22 am
MJC
Lost in BE Cyberspace

MJC has a reputation beyond reputeMJC has a reputation beyond reputeMJC has a reputation beyond reputeMJC has a reputation beyond reputeMJC has a reputation beyond reputeMJC has a reputation beyond reputeMJC has a reputation beyond reputeMJC has a reputation beyond reputeMJC has a reputation beyond reputeMJC has a reputation beyond reputeMJC has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by benny the ball
They are already on the multimap - Lat: 35:19:41S (-35.328) Lon: 150:27:44E (150.4621)
A quick look at the Garmin website shows that the Garmin should understand the three different ways of writing the lon/lat. There are two written above. The number in brackets is the lon/lat in purely fractional terms. Probably the easiest to remember. Dont forget the minus sign on the latitude else it will put you somewhere in China!
The first value is really (for latitude) 35 degrees, 19 minutes and 41 seconds south of the equator and the longitude 150 degrees, 27 minutes and 44 seconds east of the prime meridian.
Hope this makes sense.
Thanks Benny, Just getting used to my Garmin!
Old Apr 17th 2006, 1:25 pm
Hillarys, Perth

h2oskineil has a reputation beyond reputeh2oskineil has a reputation beyond reputeh2oskineil has a reputation beyond reputeh2oskineil has a reputation beyond reputeh2oskineil has a reputation beyond reputeh2oskineil has a reputation beyond reputeh2oskineil has a reputation beyond reputeh2oskineil has a reputation beyond reputeh2oskineil has a reputation beyond reputeh2oskineil has a reputation beyond reputeh2oskineil has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by MJC

Thanks in advance

M
Wow! Those Garmins sonund complicated..... I just typed in Mollymook into my Tom Tom and it appeared in 2 seconds.