Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Gardening In Oz?

Gardening In Oz?

Old Jun 3rd 2007, 10:12 am
BE Forum Addict

Scrawni 2 has a reputation beyond reputeScrawni 2 has a reputation beyond reputeScrawni 2 has a reputation beyond reputeScrawni 2 has a reputation beyond reputeScrawni 2 has a reputation beyond reputeScrawni 2 has a reputation beyond reputeScrawni 2 has a reputation beyond reputeScrawni 2 has a reputation beyond reputeScrawni 2 has a reputation beyond reputeScrawni 2 has a reputation beyond reputeScrawni 2 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Gardening In Oz?

I remember when we left Oz we had to tidy up the garden in order to get our bond back. Hubbie was too scared cause of all the bugs (had to cut the bushes back abit) so I did it. I just didn't let myself think about it, just waded in there and did it.

Well it got me thinking, was I mad to do it? How do people cope doing the garden knowing there could be snakes, spiders lurking about.

We would like some fruit trees when we get there and to grow some of our own veg. Do you have to spray them?

Mandy
Old Jun 3rd 2007, 10:15 am
Bix
da Bonehead

Bix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Gardening In Oz?

Doesn't worry me a bit Mandy.....I send Gill in first
Old Jun 3rd 2007, 10:17 am

annqldau is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Gardening In Oz?

Originally Posted by Scrawni 2
I remember when we left Oz we had to tidy up the garden in order to get our bond back. Hubbie was too scared cause of all the bugs (had to cut the bushes back abit) so I did it. I just didn't let myself think about it, just waded in there and did it.

Well it got me thinking, was I mad to do it? How do people cope doing the garden knowing there could be snakes, spiders lurking about.

We would like some fruit trees when we get there and to grow some of our own veg. Do you have to spray them?

Mandy
The bugs are not the problem it's the getting the plant into the ground bit, you need a small drot or a pick not a trowel. As for fruit trees I've gone down that route but now with the present intermittent rain in QLD (tonight not counted as it's raining) it's the trying to keep the precious trees alive. So far I just go round the spiders and watch out for snakes.