Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Garden maintenance

Garden maintenance

Old Aug 5th 2008, 3:20 pm
BE Enthusiast

Sunbound is a name known to allSunbound is a name known to allSunbound is a name known to allSunbound is a name known to allSunbound is a name known to allSunbound is a name known to allSunbound is a name known to allSunbound is a name known to allSunbound is a name known to allSunbound is a name known to allSunbound is a name known to all
Default Garden maintenance

I was wondering how much it costs to pay someone to take care of the gardening? I'm not talking landscaping or anything but general weeding,mowing the lawn etc Do they generally charge by the hour or by the size of the job etc?
Trying to get an idea of costings etc.
Thanks Sunbound
Old Aug 5th 2008, 8:20 pm
BE Forum Addict

Petals has a reputation beyond reputePetals has a reputation beyond reputePetals has a reputation beyond reputePetals has a reputation beyond reputePetals has a reputation beyond reputePetals has a reputation beyond reputePetals has a reputation beyond reputePetals has a reputation beyond reputePetals has a reputation beyond reputePetals has a reputation beyond reputePetals has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Garden maintenance

You would need to ring around the different providers of the service and get a quote and it probably would go on the size of the garden and how long it would take to maintain, whether you just wanted the grass cut or if you required weeding.
Old Aug 5th 2008, 9:03 pm
BE Enthusiast

Sunbound is a name known to allSunbound is a name known to allSunbound is a name known to allSunbound is a name known to allSunbound is a name known to allSunbound is a name known to allSunbound is a name known to allSunbound is a name known to allSunbound is a name known to allSunbound is a name known to allSunbound is a name known to all

Yes i figured as much.Just wondered if anyone had a say 1300 plot and paid for weeding ,mowing and tidying what a price might be?
Old Aug 5th 2008, 9:52 pm
From Wicklow to Perth

silverski is just really nicesilverski is just really nicesilverski is just really nicesilverski is just really nicesilverski is just really nicesilverski is just really nicesilverski is just really nicesilverski is just really nicesilverski is just really nicesilverski is just really nice

Originally Posted by Sunbound
I was wondering how much it costs to pay someone to take care of the gardening? I'm not talking landscaping or anything but general weeding,mowing the lawn etc Do they generally charge by the hour or by the size of the job etc?
Trying to get an idea of costings etc.
Thanks Sunbound
Hi Sunbound,

This link may be of help.

http://britishexpats.com/forum/showt...ighlight=perth

Regards

Silverski.

PS. Not sure if the rates have changed since this post.
Old Aug 6th 2008, 12:32 am
Auntie Fa

Kooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond repute

I recently paid $30 an hour in Sydney, for somebody to cut my grass, trim my hedge (make up your own jokes) and take away a pickup full of leaves. By his own admission, he's not a professional gardener, so they may be more expensive.
Old Aug 6th 2008, 3:33 am
BE Forum Addict

purple rain has much to be proud ofpurple rain has much to be proud ofpurple rain has much to be proud ofpurple rain has much to be proud ofpurple rain has much to be proud ofpurple rain has much to be proud ofpurple rain has much to be proud ofpurple rain has much to be proud ofpurple rain has much to be proud ofpurple rain has much to be proud ofpurple rain has much to be proud of

I have a gardener (has a Jim's franchise), he charges $35 per hour but is completely usless! Trouble is I haven't the heart to tell we don't want him anymore.
Jacqui