Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Garage doors, your opinions please.

Wikiposts

Garage doors, your opinions please.

Old Nov 5th 2005, 9:49 pm
Wol
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Wol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Garage doors, your opinions please.

We put roller doors on our garage last year before we left and it transformed the front of the place: looked much cleaner and more modern. The people who bought our house said how much they liked them.

Mind you, we put them in ourselves so they were done properly. It's all in the finishing off, doing decent edges and masticking neatly.

Would never go back to panels - but it IS all a matter of taste. Funnily enough, the manufacturer is Australian!
Old Nov 5th 2005, 10:30 pm
Account Closed

CasG is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by fraser
We've decided to a have a roller door.

But we've been driving around and the more solid lift over doors we believe make the house look nicer and give more curb appeal if we are selling.

Your opinions please as we can't make up our minds

You are thinking of selling ?? You've not built yet !! LOL

One opinion is that you must raise the door before backing car out.

Cas x
Old Nov 5th 2005, 10:37 pm
BE Forum Addict

steandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond repute

we've got a roller door on our rental (looks ok, BTW) but we're having a panel door on our own home which we are building (and about to move into). We went for the panel door on our 'own' house, purely because the 'panels' match the 'panels' on our wooden front doors, no other reason.

To be perfectly honest, if they'd managed to perfect a 'panel' style roller door then we'd have had one of those as the roller doors are much tidier (less ceiling space and no rails on the garage door ceiling).

I get what you're saying about first impresions but anyone who buys a house going by the style of the garage door is an arse, IMO.

Good luck and don't worry!!!!
Old Nov 5th 2005, 10:40 pm

fraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by carolinegorka
You are thinking of selling ?? You've not built yet !! LOL

One opinion is that you must raise the door before backing car out.

Cas x
Not 100% sure about over this side, so will be using loads of neutral colours.

Just being practical, we'll ive in it for a while and if we're not happy we'll sell and start again.

I can't imagine just living, without visas, house huntin etc to worry about.

I need it, I'm an addict
Old Nov 5th 2005, 10:45 pm
Account Closed

CasG is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by fraser
Not 100% sure about over this side, so will be using loads of neutral colours.

Just being practical, we'll ive in it for a while and if we're not happy we'll sell and start again.

I can't imagine just living, without visas, house huntin etc to worry about.

I need it, I'm an addict
God forbid if you didn't have something to worry and moan at me about

Anyway, I've told you - think you should come and live in Elwood/St Kilda area near us

Christ knows why you chose to live in the West ? - might as well be on the moon - which tosser suggested that ?