Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Garage doors, your opinions please.

Garage doors, your opinions please.

Old Nov 4th 2005, 11:32 pm

fraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond repute
Default Garage doors, your opinions please.

We've decided to a have a roller door.

But we've been driving around and the more solid lift over doors we believe make the house look nicer and give more curb appeal if we are selling.

Your opinions please as we can't make up our minds
Old Nov 4th 2005, 11:35 pm
Banned

Location: I refuse to answer on the grounds it may incriminate me
Luke I Amyofath has a reputation beyond reputeLuke I Amyofath has a reputation beyond reputeLuke I Amyofath has a reputation beyond reputeLuke I Amyofath has a reputation beyond reputeLuke I Amyofath has a reputation beyond reputeLuke I Amyofath has a reputation beyond reputeLuke I Amyofath has a reputation beyond reputeLuke I Amyofath has a reputation beyond reputeLuke I Amyofath has a reputation beyond reputeLuke I Amyofath has a reputation beyond reputeLuke I Amyofath has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Garage doors, your opinions please.

Originally Posted by fraser
We've decided to a have a roller door.

But we've been driving around and the more solid lift over doors we believe make the house look nicer and give more curb appeal if we are selling.

Your opinions please as we can't make up our minds
remote controlled obviously ?
Old Nov 4th 2005, 11:37 pm

fraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Luke I Amyofath
remote controlled obviously ?
Not at the moment as our budget is stretched, but the wiring will be put in to fit at a later date.
Old Nov 4th 2005, 11:40 pm
Banned

Luke I Amyofath has a reputation beyond reputeLuke I Amyofath has a reputation beyond reputeLuke I Amyofath has a reputation beyond reputeLuke I Amyofath has a reputation beyond reputeLuke I Amyofath has a reputation beyond reputeLuke I Amyofath has a reputation beyond reputeLuke I Amyofath has a reputation beyond reputeLuke I Amyofath has a reputation beyond reputeLuke I Amyofath has a reputation beyond reputeLuke I Amyofath has a reputation beyond reputeLuke I Amyofath has a reputation beyond repute

dont really have an opionion sorry but if you have a digi cam, take pic of house and garage and go here to "try on" some doors on your house to see how they look:

http://www.bnd.com.au/news/index.cfm...11&ct_id=0&i=5
Old Nov 4th 2005, 11:42 pm

Originally Posted by Luke I Amyofath
dont really have an opionion sorry but if you have a digi cam, take pic of house and garage and go here to "try on" some doors on your house to see how they look:

http://www.bnd.com.au/news/index.cfm...11&ct_id=0&i=5
Thanks it's a damn shame I have to pick which one before a brick has been laid.

K for you anyway
Old Nov 4th 2005, 11:44 pm
Banned

Thanks it's a damn shame I have to pick which one before a brick has been laid.

K for you anyway
nooooo, I dont want no freakin' k
Old Nov 4th 2005, 11:47 pm
BE Forum Addict

wanderingwombat is a splendid one to beholdwanderingwombat is a splendid one to beholdwanderingwombat is a splendid one to beholdwanderingwombat is a splendid one to beholdwanderingwombat is a splendid one to beholdwanderingwombat is a splendid one to beholdwanderingwombat is a splendid one to beholdwanderingwombat is a splendid one to beholdwanderingwombat is a splendid one to beholdwanderingwombat is a splendid one to beholdwanderingwombat is a splendid one to behold

Not at the moment as our budget is stretched, but the wiring will be put in to fit at a later date.
Quality has a lot to do with it. Go and see the makes of door that the larger project home builders use and that will give you and idea of which doors/remotes are cheapest.

If you are talking about a 2 car wide panel lift without remote I'd wont my other half to try opening/closing one manually first.

WW
Old Nov 4th 2005, 11:58 pm

Originally Posted by wanderingwombat
Quality has a lot to do with it. Go and see the makes of door that the larger project home builders use and that will give you and idea of which doors/remotes are cheapest.

If you are talking about a 2 car wide panel lift without remote I'd wont my other half to try opening/closing one manually first.

WW

The door our builder is using is B&D the one that the link is for.

I was more interested in how much difference it would make to any house buyer if any.
Old Nov 5th 2005, 12:09 am
BE Forum Addict

wanderingwombat is a splendid one to beholdwanderingwombat is a splendid one to beholdwanderingwombat is a splendid one to beholdwanderingwombat is a splendid one to beholdwanderingwombat is a splendid one to beholdwanderingwombat is a splendid one to beholdwanderingwombat is a splendid one to beholdwanderingwombat is a splendid one to beholdwanderingwombat is a splendid one to beholdwanderingwombat is a splendid one to beholdwanderingwombat is a splendid one to behold

The door our builder is using is B&D the one that the link is for.

I was more interested in how much difference it would make to any house buyer if any.
Most wouldnt have a clue. B&D would be the go.

WW
Old Nov 5th 2005, 12:11 am

Most wouldnt have a clue. B&D would be the go.

WW
So what would you prefer roller or liftover? Providing both had a remote.
Old Nov 5th 2005, 12:32 am
BE Forum Addict

So what would you prefer roller or liftover? Providing both had a remote.
Panel lift - more head height at the door ie 4x4 access, better eye appeal
takes up ceiling space when open ie lights/roof access hatch/ storing stuff from the ceiling. Some cheaper units can be noisy - more moving parts. Impact damage to a panel lift is usually more obvious because of the larger flat panels.

Really comes down to personal choice and budget. At the end of the day it is for security and keeping the weather out.

WW
Old Nov 5th 2005, 1:18 am

Panel lift - more head height at the door ie 4x4 access, better eye appeal
takes up ceiling space when open ie lights/roof access hatch/ storing stuff from the ceiling. Some cheaper units can be noisy - more moving parts. Impact damage to a panel lift is usually more obvious because of the larger flat panels.

Really comes down to personal choice and budget. At the end of the day it is for security and keeping the weather out.

WW
Thanks for your advice, so as a selling point for making the house look nice it has to be the more eyecatching panellift.
Old Nov 5th 2005, 1:40 am

Siren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks for your advice, so as a selling point for making the house look nice it has to be the more eyecatching panellift.

Could you really see someone that is interested in buying the house saying no cos the garage door isnt as pretty as it could be.

The panel lift doors are easier on the eyes and thats it. Break more often, dent and come apart way to easy.

Roller door far less troubles, but not as easy on the eyes, but still look fine.
Old Nov 5th 2005, 2:28 am

Originally Posted by Siren & Brian
Could you really see someone that is interested in buying the house saying no cos the garage door isnt as pretty as it could be.

The panel lift doors are easier on the eyes and thats it. Break more often, dent and come apart way to easy.

Roller door far less troubles, but not as easy on the eyes, but still look fine.

I know what your saying but first impressions are worth a lot.

Thanks for the advice.
Old Nov 5th 2005, 6:38 am
BE Enthusiast

Bhoywonder is just really niceBhoywonder is just really niceBhoywonder is just really niceBhoywonder is just really niceBhoywonder is just really niceBhoywonder is just really niceBhoywonder is just really niceBhoywonder is just really nice

I know what your saying but first impressions are worth a lot.

Thanks for the advice.
Do you have the choice of which one you can have.

I know there are estate rules and we have to have a panel lift door.

You should check that out first as the decision might not be yours.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.