Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

The Gap - Brisbane

The Gap - Brisbane

Old Jan 9th 2008, 7:01 pm

FluffyTheCampfireSlayer is an unknown quantity at this point
Default The Gap - Brisbane

We need to move out of rental in March (or extend our lease, but won't be doing that) and have been looking around at other places to live.
We checked out Bulimba/ Hawthorne and whilst very nice, was also very pricey for not a lot of house/ unit.
We are now thinking of The Gap - ruralish but only 10KMs to the city - more bang for your buck etc....
Our priorities are near to the Gabba for C's work, near to the city for nights out etc....and a decent sized/ condition property for under $380 - $400 PW.

Anyone have any views on the place? I know it's horses for courses n'all that but would really appreciate a balanced opinion from others.

Cheers
Old Jan 9th 2008, 7:47 pm
Victorian Evangelist

Buzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: The Gap - Brisbane

If you drag up my much-abused reccie thread of Brisbane there's a photo of a sample house in The Gap. I really like the area myself.

Buzzy
Old Jan 9th 2008, 7:50 pm

Originally Posted by Buzzy--Bee
If you drag up my much-abused reccie thread of Brisbane there's a photo of a sample house in The Gap. I really like the area myself.

Buzzy
Thanx Mr Bee
Shall go and have a look!
Old Jan 9th 2008, 7:58 pm
BE Forum Addict

brissydeb is a splendid one to beholdbrissydeb is a splendid one to beholdbrissydeb is a splendid one to beholdbrissydeb is a splendid one to beholdbrissydeb is a splendid one to beholdbrissydeb is a splendid one to beholdbrissydeb is a splendid one to beholdbrissydeb is a splendid one to beholdbrissydeb is a splendid one to beholdbrissydeb is a splendid one to beholdbrissydeb is a splendid one to behold

Hi Fluffy

We are not in Australia yet but have been looking at houses in The Gap on www.ourbrisbane.com , the area looks great and if you venture up there please let us know what you think of the place. So have you decided not to move up to northern queensland?

Debbie
Old Jan 9th 2008, 8:03 pm

Originally Posted by brissydeb
Hi Fluffy

We are not in Australia yet but have been looking at houses in The Gap on www.ourbrisbane.com , the area looks great and if you venture up there please let us know what you think of the place. So have you decided not to move up to northern queensland?

Debbie
Hi Debbie

No, staying put in Brisbane.
The Gap - we have already driven around the place and it looks rather nice - kind of ruralish but still very close to the city. Prices seem to be pretty reasonable as well considering it's proximity!

I am heading back up there today to have a proper look around and to try and get some rental viewings arranged.

I guess, wether you like a place or not, depends on your priorities. Ours are basically to be close to the city but still have a decent sized house!
Old Jan 10th 2008, 8:21 am
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by FluffyTheCampfireSlayer
Hi Debbie

No, staying put in Brisbane.
The Gap - we have already driven around the place and it looks rather nice - kind of ruralish but still very close to the city. Prices seem to be pretty reasonable as well considering it's proximity!

I am heading back up there today to have a proper look around and to try and get some rental viewings arranged.

I guess, wether you like a place or not, depends on your priorities. Ours are basically to be close to the city but still have a decent sized house!
Got some good friends out that way; nice area, bit pricey in places, and can be hotter in summer than where you are at present - you'll lose that sea breeze.
Some nice houses though, and you're near Mt Coot-tha and other more rural areas
Old Jan 10th 2008, 8:31 am
Frequent Flyer Member

bcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond repute

Our priorities are near to the Gabba for C's work, near to the city for nights out etc....and a decent sized/ condition property for under $380 - $400 PW.
.....I really like The Gap but it's pretty incovenient for getting to the Gabba at peak times - as I'm sure you're aware Bulimba/Hawthorne is great in this respect.

You could also consider East Brisbane or Norman Park, both are very handy for the Gabba. Maybe also look at Morningside - its a cheaper than Bulimba/Balmoral/Hawthorne but offers access to a lot of the same amenities & is also pretty easy to get to the Gabba.
Old Jan 10th 2008, 8:48 am
Banned

Timber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Pollyana
Got some good friends out that way; nice area, bit pricey in places, and can be hotter in summer than where you are at present - you'll lose that sea breeze.
Please dont encourage him !! means hes gonna be closer to us LOT !!!

Old Jan 10th 2008, 8:51 am

Originally Posted by Timber Floor Au
Please dont encourage him !! means hes gonna be closer to us LOT !!!

Old Jan 10th 2008, 8:58 am
Banned

Timber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond repute

Old Jan 10th 2008, 9:13 am

Had my suspicions!
Old Jan 10th 2008, 9:31 am
Banned

Hi Guys

No, I lost my job at Big Bobs GayBar.
The Gap - Well doc says after a course of antibiotics and some pelvic thrust exercises my anus should heal up.!

He is heading back up there today to have a proper look around and to try and get some measurements on internal damage.

Our aim is basically to be close to the Clinic but still have a decent sized love life!
^ Say no more, I couldnt put it better myself !

Last edited by Timber Floor Au; Jan 10th 2008 at 9:42 am.
Old Jan 10th 2008, 9:42 am

^ Say no more, I couldnt put it better myself !
Stop hijacking my thread Pal!!

Anyways, I went for a drive around a few props at The Gap today - lovely area, but my god, what a pile of shite the houses were! Nothing more than glorified sheds some of em!
Now looking at Carina, Coorparoo, Holland Park, Camp Hill areas - wish us luck! It's a bloody nightmare this rental lark!
Old Jan 10th 2008, 9:43 am
Banned

Stop hijacking my thread Pal!!

Anyways, I went for a drive around a few props at The Gap today - lovely area, but my god, what a pile of shite the houses were! Nothing more than glorified sheds some of em!
Now looking at Carina, Coorparoo, Holland Park, Camp Hill areas - wish us luck! It's a bloody nightmare this rental lark!
What type of house are you after? am serious btw
Old Jan 10th 2008, 9:50 am
Where traffic lights rule

themerlin has a reputation beyond reputethemerlin has a reputation beyond reputethemerlin has a reputation beyond reputethemerlin has a reputation beyond reputethemerlin has a reputation beyond reputethemerlin has a reputation beyond reputethemerlin has a reputation beyond reputethemerlin has a reputation beyond reputethemerlin has a reputation beyond reputethemerlin has a reputation beyond reputethemerlin has a reputation beyond repute

Not sure of the cost but everyone I know from the Gap is loaded

Originally Posted by Pollyana

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.