Games console's

Old Jun 3rd 2005, 9:45 am
Forum Regular

si.young has much to be proud ofsi.young has much to be proud ofsi.young has much to be proud ofsi.young has much to be proud ofsi.young has much to be proud ofsi.young has much to be proud ofsi.young has much to be proud ofsi.young has much to be proud ofsi.young has much to be proud ofsi.young has much to be proud ofsi.young has much to be proud of
Default Games console's

Hi Does anyone know if a UK XBox or Games Cube will work in Australia, (obviously I will need an Aussie adapter or power cable).
Old Jun 3rd 2005, 9:54 am
ah-beng

spalen has a reputation beyond reputespalen has a reputation beyond reputespalen has a reputation beyond reputespalen has a reputation beyond reputespalen has a reputation beyond reputespalen has a reputation beyond reputespalen has a reputation beyond reputespalen has a reputation beyond reputespalen has a reputation beyond reputespalen has a reputation beyond reputespalen has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Games console's

Originally Posted by si.young
Hi Does anyone know if a UK XBox or Games Cube will work in Australia, (obviously I will need an Aussie adapter or power cable).
Yes they all work, the games all work too,

You can buy Xbox and PS2 power cables for $4 in k-mart etc

GameCube you cant get adapter for cost its big fat plug but you can use your uk extension lead wiht an adapter.
Old Jun 3rd 2005, 10:53 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

JackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by spalen
Yes they all work, the games all work too,

You can buy Xbox and PS2 power cables for $4 in k-mart etc

GameCube you cant get adapter for cost its big fat plug but you can use your uk extension lead wiht an adapter.

Somebody previously mentioned something about DVDs not working, i.e. if you've got a UK PS2 it won't play Oz DVDs...

JTL
Old Jun 3rd 2005, 10:54 am
has lost The Game

Swerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond repute

Hi,

Remember that you may need to get your X box chipped to play multiregion DVDs, if you are planning to use it as a DVD player.

The X box sets itself to one region depending on the region setting of the playback kit you plug in first. For example, if you plug in a UK playback kit first, then the box will always be a UK playback device, regardless of which playback kits you later plug in.

You can get a hardware chip for the box that overrides and resets the playback region everytime that you turn it on, so you can swap playback devices depending on the region of the DVD you are planning to watch.

This is what I'm going to do, as I don't want to have to take a separate DVD player and games console with me. The X box is actually quite flexible, as it can be used as a games console, dvd player, cd player and self configured music jukebox, all in one box. Ideal for emmigrating and keeping the weight down.

S
Old Jun 3rd 2005, 11:00 am
Forum Regular

si.young has much to be proud ofsi.young has much to be proud ofsi.young has much to be proud ofsi.young has much to be proud ofsi.young has much to be proud ofsi.young has much to be proud ofsi.young has much to be proud ofsi.young has much to be proud ofsi.young has much to be proud ofsi.young has much to be proud ofsi.young has much to be proud of

Excellent, thanks guys. May save the tears from my 6 year old by having to sell his XBox.