Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Gameboys on Planes

Gameboys on Planes

Old Nov 21st 2003, 11:44 am
Look at me kimmie

leanda will become famous soon enoughleanda will become famous soon enough
Default Gameboys on Planes

No this is not a smutty question!!!! Been informed by an unreliable source of information who always likes to have an opinion on everything (my brother - in- law) that the new Game Boy that we have just bought so the boys will have something to play with on the long flight over to Brisbane in 5 weeks is not allowed on planes.

Now I expect he is totally wrong but just wanted to check, anybody know???? He phoned us up late at night especially to tell us, so I would love to phone him up especially late tonight to tell him he is wrong!!!! Thanks.
Old Nov 21st 2003, 11:47 am
A Male Member

PeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud of
Default Re: Gameboys on Planes

Originally posted by leanda
No this is not a smutty question!!!! Been informed by an unreliable source of information who always likes to have an opinion on everything (my brother - in- law) that the new Game Boy that we have just bought so the boys will have something to play with on the long flight over to Brisbane in 5 weeks is not allowed on planes.

Now I expect he is totally wrong but just wanted to check, anybody know???? He phoned us up late at night especially to tell us, so I would love to phone him up especially late tonight to tell him he is wrong!!!! Thanks.
Hmm....it would surprise me if you can't. You are allowed most electrical items, but you can't use them during take off and landing. It may depend on the airline. I have used a laptop, and a camcorder in the past, both times after checking with a stewardess.

I am by no means sure, why not give your airline a quick ring and check?
Old Nov 21st 2003, 11:50 am
Look at me kimmie

Thanks, will do, we expected that take off and landing would be the only time but will give Singapore Airlines a ring, if they say no then it will be Gaffer Tape and Industrial Rope to keep the little treasures in their seats.
Old Nov 21st 2003, 11:53 am
Account Closed

ANA123 is an unknown quantity at this point

Could you post what the verdict is please? Am also flying with singapore and was planning on asking santa for one of these to try to amuse daughter on flight.
thanks,

Michaela
Old Nov 21st 2003, 11:54 am
A Male Member

PeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud of

Thanks, will do, we expected that take off and landing would be the only time but will give Singapore Airlines a ring, if they say no then it will be Gaffer Tape and Industrial Rope to keep the little treasures in their seats.
Ohh if you are going Singapore air...remember the tellies in the seat backs have super mario on them!! And a few other games too. That should help. Certainly keeps my little horror (the wife!!!, luckily she does'nt read this!!!) quiet.
Old Nov 21st 2003, 11:55 am
BE Forum Addict

debsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to all

My kids have used theirs on the plane before. However, they were only allowed to use them during the flight not for the take off and landing. I would still check with the airline.

Debs
Old Nov 21st 2003, 12:13 pm
Go the BNE Roar

TrickyTree has a reputation beyond reputeTrickyTree has a reputation beyond reputeTrickyTree has a reputation beyond reputeTrickyTree has a reputation beyond reputeTrickyTree has a reputation beyond reputeTrickyTree has a reputation beyond reputeTrickyTree has a reputation beyond reputeTrickyTree has a reputation beyond reputeTrickyTree has a reputation beyond reputeTrickyTree has a reputation beyond reputeTrickyTree has a reputation beyond repute

If you fly with Singapore they have a whole raft of nintendo games as part of there in flight entertainment package.
So there might be no need for the game boy.

Kept me entertained throughout the flight anyway!!

TT

Originally posted by mcmercer
Could you post what the verdict is please? Am also flying with singapore and was planning on asking santa for one of these to try to amuse daughter on flight.
thanks,

Michaela
Old Nov 21st 2003, 12:15 pm
A Male Member

Originally posted by TrickyTree
If you fly with Singapore they have a whole raft of nintendo games as part of there in flight entertainment package.
So there might be no need for the game boy.

Kept me entertained throughout the flight anyway!!

TT
My wife ended up with white thumbs from the pressure she exerted on the controller!!!

Im content just to sit there and feel sorry for myself!! (not a fan of long haul....)
Old Nov 21st 2003, 12:20 pm
Go the BNE Roar

TrickyTree has a reputation beyond reputeTrickyTree has a reputation beyond reputeTrickyTree has a reputation beyond reputeTrickyTree has a reputation beyond reputeTrickyTree has a reputation beyond reputeTrickyTree has a reputation beyond reputeTrickyTree has a reputation beyond reputeTrickyTree has a reputation beyond reputeTrickyTree has a reputation beyond reputeTrickyTree has a reputation beyond reputeTrickyTree has a reputation beyond repute

Had some very interesting games of chess as well on the outbound flight.
Pity I didnt get to find out who my opponent was.

Nobody would play on the return so I had to make do playing the computer.
Didnt manage to win a game during the whole 21 hour flight!!!
The computer was a very good player.

TT

Originally posted by PeteY
My wife ended up with white thumbs from the pressure she exerted on the controller!!!

Im content just to sit there and feel sorry for myself!! (not a fan of long haul....)
Old Nov 21st 2003, 2:17 pm
I Know What's Going On!

SteveBannister is a jewel in the roughSteveBannister is a jewel in the roughSteveBannister is a jewel in the roughSteveBannister is a jewel in the roughSteveBannister is a jewel in the rough
Default Re: Gameboys on Planes

Hi Leanda,

I can tell you that Gameboys ARE allowed on flights. We were on holiday last month, and I asked the stewardess if my son could play his Gameboy. It's the new Gameboy Advance SP, and she said. 'Yes, no problem'.

Go and wake up your brother-in-law very late tonight! He wasn't trying to spoil your flight by having two kids moaning for 25 hours, was he?

Steve.
Old Nov 21st 2003, 3:16 pm
Look at me kimmie

Thank you, Thank you, that is exactly the same Gameboy that we have just bought, so I will ring the brother-in-law him late tonight to let him know the good news!!!! Is it me or are these games for the gameboy really small!!! when you get the box and look inside its unreal that they charge you £30 for them, or am I just showing my age!!! Thanks for all the replys and can now rest easy in the knowledge that the two little treasures can stare blankly at a small screen for 25 hours safe in the knowledge the captain can still tell where he is going!!!!!!!
Old Nov 21st 2003, 3:27 pm
I Know What's Going On!

SteveBannister is a jewel in the roughSteveBannister is a jewel in the roughSteveBannister is a jewel in the roughSteveBannister is a jewel in the roughSteveBannister is a jewel in the rough

I know what you mean, they are tiny aren't they? I'll be honest, though, it's a good picture! My kids are hooked on 'Donkey Kong Country'.

Are you coming to the Essex Meet on the 7th? he kids can bring the Gameboys if they want, mine probably will!
Old Nov 21st 2003, 3:31 pm
Look at me kimmie

Would love to but unfortunately lots going on before Xmas as we won't be hear for it but will certainly meet up at the next one, we used to live in Grays and remember the Sandmartin Pub, have a great time.
Old Nov 21st 2003, 4:10 pm
Account Closed

Nicstids is an unknown quantity at this point

Is it me or are these games for the gameboy really small!!! when you get the box and look inside its unreal that they charge you £30 for them, or am I just showing my age!!!
Hi Leanda,

Try looking on Ebay - we have just bought our son a couple of brand new games for Xmas for his Gameboy - the newly released ones are still expensive but the less popular ones are much cheaper!

Nicola
Old Nov 21st 2003, 4:44 pm
BE Forum Addict

tinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud of

I can also confirm they are allowed. My Son used his SP on return from the States and there were about 5 kids with them, it worked out quite well as they all kept swapping games over, which stopped them getting bored.